T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 02-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dondor
Actually what I should do is get away from Red or Orange and get something else different. Like that pink car.

Wait that wouldn't work either.. Justin likes pink.

You guys smoke me bad this year... and I will start looking at it.
Start looking buddy. I think your gonna see a lot of red up toward the front in memphis this year
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Red is the way

Red is the way to go...
Car is the just "comfortable to drive". only way I can explain it.

Seems like Top is constantly improving the parts as the drivers give input.
always a good thing..
Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I hope they improve the bellcrank.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghostman24
I hope they improve the bellcrank.
I've only broken 1 bellcrank, but I would like to see it in red aluminum as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure exactly on the center pulley shaft but we did talk a while ago about changing it to steel and putting a shoulder on it so you will only need a spacer on one side. This way it doesn't compress/tweak the car after being tightened down multiple times and the shoulder will eliminate struggling with 2 spacers and keep the center shaft from digging into the bulkhead on one side. Just little tweaks to make it easier/better.

Pedro - The optional camber plate is to change the lenght of the camber link. The 1.25mm has in between holes (instead of 2.5mm between holes) from the stock camber plates plus a really long position that I've really liked on the front end of my car....
Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I'm not sure exactly on the center pulley shaft but we did talk a while ago about changing it to steel and putting a shoulder on it so you will only need a spacer on one side. This way it doesn't compress/tweak the car after being tightened down multiple times and the shoulder will eliminate struggling with 2 spacers and keep the center shaft from digging into the bulkhead on one side. Just little tweaks to make it easier/better.

Pedro - The optional camber plate is to change the lenght of the camber link. The 1.25mm has in between holes (instead of 2.5mm between holes) from the stock camber plates plus a really long position that I've really liked on the front end of my car....
Hello
thanks for the help.

keep up the good work in developing the car.

The car is very good.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I also started using this "really long" link position, and it does seem to to wonders to smooth things out. I opted to use a longer than stock turnbuckle for this as running the stock turnbuckle at this length does not leave many threads in the rod end.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Josh (or any other cool dude out there), care to enlighten on how a longer or shorter camber link affects handling?

it feels that a longer link is smoother in turns but cant allow the car to turn faster or harder for me....

and also, can explain how best i can use the various otion wings and upper decks to tune the car's handling? softer wings should give more grip and side bite and harder upper decks should give less grip overall but gain steering and response?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I must say i ran this car for the first time this weekend and its very good, car responds very well to set up changes. Very happy with it so far. thanks to my friend Dwayne D. for the set up help
Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi
My Photon winning Hungarian Muchmore Cup 6. round
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-pc2300022.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gianni
Hi
My Photon winning Hungarian Muchmore Cup 6. round
Congratulations.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Valentine Race Sweep!

TQ and wins in VTA and 13.5 Sedan today with my Photons!
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photon.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Finding more steering??

i a newbie with the photon....i love the car so far...my rear is planted i cant break it loose with my 17.5...im tring to find some more steering an maybe stiffen up the car alittle for a more responsive feel.....any help will helpful...
Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbank66
i a newbie with the photon....i love the car so far...my rear is planted i cant break it loose with my 17.5...im tring to find some more steering an maybe stiffen up the car alittle for a more responsive feel.....any help will helpful...
what's your current set up?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im running E.j. set-up...when he ran the reedy at speedworld...which happen to be my home track...one of the best in calif!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.