T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
i would also like to see the tape slot from the bmi days so the tape laid flat on the chassis
I was in Hong Kong recently and I got to see Vincent's car with a prototype chassis that had the area where the motor sinks into the chassis completely removed as the partial cut out weakens the carbon fibre. I believe the next generation of the chassis will be like that so I don't like your chances of them doing that for the battery tape.

This reminds me that I should really get around to building the Photon I picked up while over there. Sat in it's box for 3 weeks now.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
I was in Hong Kong recently and I got to see Vincent's car with a prototype chassis that had the area where the motor sinks into the chassis completely removed as the partial cut out weakens the carbon fibre. I believe the next generation of the chassis will be like that so I don't like your chances of them doing that for the battery tape.

This reminds me that I should really get around to building the Photon I picked up while over there. Sat in it's box for 3 weeks now.

???????????
Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Which part do you not understand?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Isn't there too much flex if you cut out completely that part? It's like cutting the chassis in two.

Or there is someting like a bridge connecting the two parts?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

You get a strange flex with so much cut out.
Are there more changes? What did they do on the other side to keep the chassis in balance?
Do you have photo's of it?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi i'm new to the photon game i'm looking for a foam top deck
i went trough some shop and can't find it on stock do you know any shop having stock
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
Isn't there too much flex if you cut out completely that part? It's like cutting the chassis in two.

Or there is someting like a bridge connecting the two parts?
There is a U shaped piece that bolts to the chassis that goes around the cut-out. The design provides equal flex from both sides of the chassis. Keep in mind that this is still a prototype
Old 11-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by odpurple
There is a U shaped piece that bolts to the chassis that goes around the cut-out. The design provides equal flex from both sides of the chassis. Keep in mind that this is still a prototype
Mmm, something like this?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by odpurple
ooook...i understand now!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Whit no carbon on that place, you can lower the motor even more.
And as you see that 3mm is a big deal for Xray to move the motor more to the center, than this is also an improvement.

I'm now trying to make an other motor mount. I want to try to move my motor more to the center. Just like Xray. It's already very close to the center but I think that it can move an other 2 or 3mm.
Also will the mounting be lower just like Xray.
I will post some CAD pictures when the design is ready.

Maybe I also make some other inner bulkheads so I can mount my top plate with M3.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Last edited by sosidge; 11-19-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Answered a post from 3 months ago by mistake
Old 11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mild seven
just thought i would show a pic of what ive done to my photon.

ps. flipping the top deck and wings upside down works a treat.

Attachment 521914 Attachment 521916
Why did you mount your steering servo like that?
Is it whit tape mounted to the bottom plate?
Does it stay on his place after a hit?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey guys, anyone have any ideas I can try for getting a little more steering right at the apex? My car is pretty well dialled but I could use a bit more steering/rotation so I can get on the gas a bit earlier
Old 11-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Hey guys, anyone have any ideas I can try for getting a little more steering right at the apex? My car is pretty well dialled but I could use a bit more steering/rotation so I can get on the gas a bit earlier
My steering is set up middle on bell crank and rear most hole on the steering block. Feels really good of course there are other factors to work but without seeing ur setup thats all I dare say try.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.

This weekend i was out racing, it was a great weekend with good racing, but i had a little problem, i had way too much grip, there were finals from A to E in the 17.5 rubber class, with 3 photons i the A-main and 2 in the B-main.

It was a photon that won , and became second, i was 6th, i copyed my set-up so it was like the winning car, used the same addhesive (the same bottle), and we race on control tyres.

I had grip roll problems, the two others didnt, the car was slow because of to much grip, we all run the rubber chassis, all stock from the box.

I have been thinking that my chassis is too soft?

Have you heard of such a problem??

And what chassis to bye for rubber carpet racing on medium grip tracks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.