Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #2716
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Foam Photon Kit

Anyone have one to sell?Paypal ready.Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #2717
Tech Elite

yes (1) in stock $380 plus shipping we are an athorized TOP Dealer in WA state.

Paypal ready
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #2718
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Do the newer rubber kits have the v2 spool in them or is that something I need to pickup seperately?
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #2719
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysD8 View Post
Do the newer rubber kits have the v2 spool in them or is that something I need to pickup seperately?
All newer rubber kits should have the V2 spool, steel outdrives, and steel drive shafts. If you get a new kit and it doesn't come with the above, give Michael a holla.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #2720
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
All newer rubber kits should have the V2 spool, steel outdrives, and steel drive shafts. If you get a new kit and it doesn't come with the above, give Michael a holla.
Thanks! Hopefully it will get ordered next week through my lhs, like I stated In a previous post I got the owner of lhs to call someone today, something odonnell or mcdonnel, and the owner is hopefully getting everything setup with them to carry top parts and get me my photon I want. If not I guess I can get it from amain!! So, I'd guess it should be one of the newest kits as my lhs does not carry top at the moment so it's definately not like it's been sitting on a shelf! Am I tight in getting the rubber edition to run rubber tire on carpet? It appears that some people on here are using the foam edition to do that.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #2721
Tech Elite

Quote:
... Am I tight in getting the rubber edition to run rubber tire on carpet? It appears that some people on here are using the foam edition to do that.
We are seeing it done either way. You can use a foam kit and add a spool or use a rubber kit and stiffen it up with the wings and top deck. The latest fav for rubber on carpet is the lipo foam (2.5mm) chassis, medium or stiff top deck and rubber wings.

Hey guys; if all the potential orders are confirmed we will be out of rubber kits this week! The factory will have more available in December, so not a long wait if you miss one this time around. We are also almost out of foam kits, but will be getting some more of those with our next stock order due in soon
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #2722
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I'm trying to get a good carpet setup, so I tore my car down today and made some adjustments. I did notice a bow in my chassis as well. Luckily, mine was cured by loosening and retightening the bulkhead screws on the chassis plate. Still have zero slop in my suspension parts. Hoping to get to the track tomorrow to give it a shot. Everytime I work on this car, I'm more and more impressed with the quality of fit and finish.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #2723
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
We are seeing it done either way. You can use a foam kit and add a spool or use a rubber kit and stiffen it up with the wings and top deck. The latest fav for rubber on carpet is the lipo foam (2.5mm) chassis, medium or stiff top deck and rubber wings.

Hey guys; if all the potential orders are confirmed we will be out of rubber kits this week! The factory will have more available in December, so not a long wait if you miss one this time around. We are also almost out of foam kits, but will be getting some more of those with our next stock order due in soon
How about the 2.5 lipo chassis, medium top deck and medium wings? In stock, or on their way?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #2724
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

OD, Thanks for the update....check was mailed out to you yesterday!
P2
Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #2725
Tech Regular

Quote:

What part of December are you expecting the kits in stock? Not sure how long it's going to take lhs to get setup. I was really wanting to have one next week!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #2726
Tech Regular

So how does the rubber spec perform out of the box on the carpet? I don't think changing chassis out is going o be in my budget out the door!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #2727
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
So how does the rubber spec perform out of the box on the carpet? I don't think changing chassis out is going o be in my budget out the door!
It depends...The setups that utilize the foam chassis are for high bite carpet. For low to medium bite carpet the regular chassis is fine.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #2728
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Here is what I have come up with for high bite carpet. I ran this at Trackside last week with good results. The layout was nice and flowing and the traction was very good.

Only two guys have managed 27 lap runs (5 minutes) on the layout and this set-up brought me to a 26 5:01.26 Im 100% confident that I have a 27 lap set-up in steadier hands.

There is an error on the sheet that I will fix and re-post ASAP. For the suspension mount spacers in the front it should read FF=2.3mm / FR=1.4mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Why are you running 1mm of inboard toe-in in the front?
Also why only 1* of rear toe on rubber tires?

I finally got around to editing my set-up sheet. Thanks Ron for pointing out the errors.

Here is the latest.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PHOTON SET-UP SHEET CARPET HIGH BITE.pdf (309.9 KB, 154 views)
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #2729
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
How about the 2.5 lipo chassis, medium top deck and medium wings? In stock, or on their way?
We have a couple of 2.5 lipo chassis left in stock, but they have been selling fast. The factory was out of medium wings on our last stock order, hopefully this has been rectified this time around, and are in the order along with with the medium top decks
Old 11-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #2730
Tech Elite

Quote:
What part of December are you expecting the kits in stock? Not sure how long it's going to take lhs to get setup. I was really wanting to have one next week!
Hopefully early in the month, but we don't know for sure yet.

email us at [email protected] with the name of the hobby shop and I will see what we can do!