R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #2491
Tech Master
 
mikel33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Anyone?
tchub.info has a spring chart, but not a direct comparison to x-ray. I personally don't remember a chart or other direct x-ray comparison.
__________________
Michael Larson.

Village Idiot Racing
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #2492
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
tchub.info has a spring chart, but not a direct comparison to x-ray. I personally don't remember a chart or other direct x-ray comparison.
Yeah I like that site and it does show the TOP spring chart. But I would really like to see the one with the XRAY springs as well. There are some conflicting reports on the XRAY spirngs so I am trying to get this narrowed down as I have a ton of XRAY blacks.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #2493
Tech Regular
 
madmiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: canberra
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default blah

here is a good spring chart here is the link
http://www.petitrc.com/index.php?page=spings_oils
__________________
MIL ROGIC

http://www.topracing.net.au
HOBBYWING
FUTABA
madmiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #2494
Tech Master
 
mikel33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Ok here is the setup I have been working on for Med High/High bite carpet with rubber tires. We have run it with mostly Jaco Blues, but also with Sorex and Rp30s. It has worked well with all of them but the latter 2 were a little faster due to increased traction on all 4 corners of the car.

We are all running the Foam 2.5 lipo chassis and the medium rubber topdeck. I'm running the standard rubber wings.

I have also been playing around with swaybars and springs mostly now depending on the traction levels. Some of the guys are running the 1.4 or 1.2 bar and 393 springs up front and 289 springs in the rear with no swaybar.

I like my car a little more aggressive so I have been running the 367 front springs and 307 rear springs and usually no swaybars at all.

This week traction was super high and the front of the car was rolling alot and I tried raising the front roll center to Med blocks, high position. It helped some smooth the car out but didnt seem to improve laptimes.

I would try starting with the setup I have posted here and work from there depending on what your car is doing. Also start with half the front tire sauced and do more or less depending on how you want the car to feel. We have been using Jack the gripper at our track.

Sorry about the ghetto setup sheet I dont have adobe to save the editable setup sheet so this is what you get lol.

If anyone has any questions post them here or PM me.

This setup has been working well for everyone at our track with a top car. A top car has won every week in both rubber classes since we opened our track.
If I read it correctly is you have the front springs as 363. Should that be 367 or 393, or something else, or did I read it incorrectly?


thanks.
__________________
Michael Larson.

Village Idiot Racing
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #2495
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,748
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

367
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #2496
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Yokomo (Pro shock spring long type with color marking at the bottom)
Black - 258 gF/mm
Blue - 264 gF/mm
Yellow - 280 gF/mm
Pink - 290 gF/mm
Green - 303 gF/mm
Orange - 330 gF/mm

HPI Racing (Color marking at the bottom of the spring)
Blue - 273 gF/mm
Silver - 302 gF/mm
Pink - 320 gF/mm
Gold - 340 gF/mm
White - 363 gF/mm
Yellow - 388 gF/mm
Red - 400 gF/mm

Hara Spring V.1 (Color marking at the bottom of the spring)
Yellow - 230gF/mm
White - 250 gF/mm
Black 270 gF/mm
Purple - 290 gF/mm
Red - 310 gF/mm

Top Racing (Spring Rate engrave on the spring)
Gamma 393 gF/mm
Gamma 367 gF/mm
Gamma 344 gF/mm
Gamma 324 gF/mm
Gamma 306 gF/mm
Gamma 289 gF/mm
Alpha 626 gF/mm
Alpha 591 gF/mm
Alpha 560 gF/mm
Alpha 532 gF/mm
Alpha 507 gF/mm
Beta 347 gF/mm
Beta 325 gF/mm
Beta 306 gF/mm
Beta 294 gF/mm
Beta 274 gF/mm
*Gamma Spring is design for rubber asphalt racing
*Alpha & Beta spring is design for carpet and foam tire racing

Hope this help

Source : H2
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #2497
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,305
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to give props to TOP for a great car and great customer service. I just spoke with Michael at TOP USA to place an order and had a nice conversation about the team. I can imagine the pressure on him and the drivers to compete against the larger team/companies. Larry and Schreff doing great things getting setup help out to the world, Amain hobbies filling orders very quickly for me and now Michael shooting stuff out to me on the spot. Awesome experience so far. Good luck to the team and to Top Racing USA.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #2498
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,134
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
Yokomo (Pro shock spring long type with color marking at the bottom)
Black - 258 gF/mm
Blue - 264 gF/mm
Yellow - 280 gF/mm
Pink - 290 gF/mm
Green - 303 gF/mm
Orange - 330 gF/mm

HPI Racing (Color marking at the bottom of the spring)
Blue - 273 gF/mm
Silver - 302 gF/mm
Pink - 320 gF/mm
Gold - 340 gF/mm
White - 363 gF/mm
Yellow - 388 gF/mm
Red - 400 gF/mm

Hara Spring V.1 (Color marking at the bottom of the spring)
Yellow - 230gF/mm
White - 250 gF/mm
Black 270 gF/mm
Purple - 290 gF/mm
Red - 310 gF/mm

Top Racing (Spring Rate engrave on the spring)
Gamma 393 gF/mm
Gamma 367 gF/mm
Gamma 344 gF/mm
Gamma 324 gF/mm
Gamma 306 gF/mm
Gamma 289 gF/mm
Alpha 626 gF/mm
Alpha 591 gF/mm
Alpha 560 gF/mm
Alpha 532 gF/mm
Alpha 507 gF/mm
Beta 347 gF/mm
Beta 325 gF/mm
Beta 306 gF/mm
Beta 294 gF/mm
Beta 274 gF/mm
*Gamma Spring is design for rubber asphalt racing
*Alpha & Beta spring is design for carpet and foam tire racing

Hope this help

Source : H2
Good !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #2499
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,211
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI View Post
here is my Top photon last night the car is working real good i have a weird push for about 4 laps when it starts then the car comes in and look out. The school bus yellow one in the Tq spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1 View Post
I will be back for more of that beat down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI View Post
yeah i know thats what im afraid of i need to retire as a club race champ while the gettin is good
Hey Dennis, you might as well buy some red and white paint for a Target paint scheme because there's a whole bunch of us gunning for you now! The longer your domination, the harder we push to beat you! Gotta keep your ego in check before you go all national champ on us!
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #2500
Tech Elite
 
DENNIS STORTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Horsham
Posts: 2,400
Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Hey Dennis, you might as well buy some red and white paint for a Target paint scheme because there's a whole bunch of us gunning for you now! The longer your domination, the harder we push to beat you! Gotta keep your ego in check before you go all national champ on us!


i love the pressure im gonna have to pop sooner or later so i will enjoy whileit last lol see you guys saturday for another awesome weekend of racing at horsham
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #2501
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Just wanted to give props to TOP for a great car and great customer service. I just spoke with Michael at TOP USA to place an order and had a nice conversation about the team. I can imagine the pressure on him and the drivers to compete against the larger team/companies. Larry and Schreff doing great things getting setup help out to the world, Amain hobbies filling orders very quickly for me and now Michael shooting stuff out to me on the spot. Awesome experience so far. Good luck to the team and to Top Racing USA.
Yes Micheal is the man! I know noone else that works as hard is this man here to get orders out and FAST! On top of that he doesn't shine you on and still manages to have a conversation with you while you order...lol! Personally I think he is Alien and has like 8 arms...
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #2502
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Personally I think he is Alien and has like 8 arms...



Nice.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #2503
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bono,AR
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Yes Micheal is the man! I know noone else that works as hard is this man here to get orders out and FAST! On top of that he doesn't shine you on and still manages to have a conversation with you while you order...lol! Personally I think he is Alien and has like 8 arms...
I think Micheal does a great job to alittle hard to get a hold of sometimes but is always nice and more then willing help you any way he can and he get your order to you fast . Doing a great job Micheal
eflite300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #2504
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Verwood,Dorset, southern UK
Posts: 45
Default

Just a quick note

Two Photons made the Main A finals first time out on carpet in 17.5 and 13.5 in a southern regional series here in the UK amongst some carpet experts

Neither of us have next to no experiance on carpet and to be honest the car surprised us both,been easy to set up giving plenty of change feed back (as it does out doors)....Oh and it takes a beating too,very tough!!
__________________
Sponser,Reality Racing/CML
lesbaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #2505
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tromso,Norway
Posts: 178
Default

Anyone know where to buy that sweet Roche Spool? the ebay auction has ended
__________________
*Sanwa M12*Hitec*
*TLR Eight 3.0*Fusion X3LFM*
Team_Elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0