Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
I can only speak for myself...I ran a setup almost identical to EJ and Juan and experienced no pushing. If anything I had too much steering. The car was great and I couldn't ask for anything better. I did have 1 issue were the car seemed to develop more traction as the heat went on. I started 1 qual out of the gate with 11.2 and was down to 11.5 11.6 by the end. As I stiffened the car it seemed to help just ran out of time as I made small changes to not mess up a very good setup.
Can you share your setup. Locally we had some issues with pushing. However our cars ran ok in Vegas...I'm curious to see how the team setup up their cars for carpet.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Last edited by Goingfast; 09-16-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Can you share your setup. Locally we had some issues with pushing. However our cars ran ok in Vegas...I'm curious to see how the team setup up their cars for carpet.

Forgot to add I ran the lipo chassis which I believe is 2mm, stiffer upper deck, and the medium wings. I built mine from the beginning like this so I have no idea what a bone stock car feels like. As for setup off the top of my head front shocks were 1.2 3 hole pistons front n rear with 65 and 40 losi oil 324 front spring 306 rear. Stock camber link locations. Middle front shock tower and outside on the arm. Rear was 4th hole up from the bottom and outside on the arm. Droop I ran 6.5 in the front and 1 in the rear using our droop ride height guage. I forget what else there was as I shipped all my gear back home and am still in Vegas.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Forgot to add I ran the lipo chassis which I believe is 2mm, stiffer upper deck, and the medium wings. I built mine from the beginning like this so I have no idea what a bone stock car feels like. As for setup off the top of my head front shocks were 1.2 3 hole pistons front n rear with 65 and 40 losi oil 324 front spring 306 rear. Stock camber link locations. Middle front shock tower and outside on the arm. Rear was 4th hole up from the bottom and outside on the arm. Droop I ran 6.5 in the front and 1 in the rear using our droop ride height guage. I forget what else there was as I shipped all my gear back home and am still in Vegas.
Cool thanks. Were you running any sway bars?

I wish I was still in Vegas...I am work but still have my car setup on my mind
Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Sways I tried anything from the 1.6 up front to none and 1.4 in the rear to none at all. Settled on 1.4 front and 1.0 rear gave me the best feel all around. I do want to note that I am not a spool fan. I showed up to the race with a diff front and rear. I never could stand the feel spools give coming off of the straights felt a bit too bound up and would scrub too much speed. I HIGHLY recommend getting the new red ano cups for your spool. Something about the anodizing and the blades got rid of all that and helps carry the speed very well. After I put mine in the spool stayed in the entire week. Definitely changed my mind on spools!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

I drive today the Photon of a club member.
I used my own radio and motor.
All the other things were from my club member.

This car run better than the first time I drove a Photon. Not because the other car wasn't good but this car had already some setup settings i normally use.
I helped him with his setup so the car was running like I like more.
There is still some work to do with the setup. i go tomorrow to the track to change some small things on the setup.
I want a bit more steer but i now how to solve it. The rear is to stable so I make it looser.
I drive this car this Sunday with the race.

I may change his setup because he likes my setups on the TOP ARP he had.
he also wants some more steer.
The corner speed is just great. Also a lot of roll in the corners. The car really rolls very smooth true the corners and react very direct and is very stable.

The car has now a to in from 3.0 but i lower this to around 2,5 or even lower.
The rear shocks will go a bit straighter. Roll center in the rear will also go a bit up. wheel base a bit shorter.
I will post my setup tomorrow.
It's for a outdoor track size straight end 35m.

I hope to have my car next week.
This car feels so good. I drove many cars. not all of them were from me but this car feels just right even with a setup that I don't like.
I drove the first few laps 15,4sec and after one small change on the setup I won already 0,2sec and I feel that this is just the beginning. Also was the track a lot cooler and it was starting to get dark. Normally the car goes slower but now I was faster.
14,518 is my personal record and I now that this will go faster. I hope this Sunday.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Sways I tried anything from the 1.6 up front to none and 1.4 in the rear to none at all. Settled on 1.4 front and 1.0 rear gave me the best feel all around. I do want to note that I am not a spool fan. I showed up to the race with a diff front and rear. I never could stand the feel spools give coming off of the straights felt a bit too bound up and would scrub too much speed. I HIGHLY recommend getting the new red ano cups for your spool. Something about the anodizing and the blades got rid of all that and helps carry the speed very well. After I put mine in the spool stayed in the entire week. Definitely changed my mind on spools!
Thanks. I am not a fan of spools either! I actually tried a TC5 one way for my 4th qualifier and the mains...it didn't get me out of the C main though I will try the new drive cups as soon as I can get some.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

how does everyone feel about the car being competitive i a thinking on getting one trying to wait for the cars to come in stock its hard when all your friends are telling you to get an xray

what do you guys like about the car and what are some of the issues you are having at this point
Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

I just gotta say the car is as good as any car out right now.

i have ran them all i just went to the iic and did great with the car for the first time out in almost 2 years on carpet. so my vote is u cant go wrong with a top

price
durabilty (havent broken a part yet)
fit and finish
setup
look (love the red)
options

its on pace with the other top TC's so u cant go wrong TOP,XRAY,YOK,HB,CORALLY,LOSI,TAMIYAS they are all great cars and the TOP Photon is no different
Old 09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

thanks dennis i was in vegas saw the cars there and they look well built hope they come in stock this week
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

are u waiting on a foam or rubber car?

I got mine from AMAIN hobbies, good luck if i can get a setup sheet im gonna post up my setup
Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

rubber car
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

hi, i'm just wondering any other brand front 40T pulleyt fit into the TR Spool Set. I've bought the TR but the yokomo dosent have any holes for it to secure the 3 screws.

Please advise
Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
are u waiting on a foam or rubber car?

I got mine from AMAIN hobbies, good luck if i can get a setup sheet im gonna post up my setup
www.tchub.info

there's an editable setup sheet in the setup section
Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Need help. Below is my Setup on Asphat. But i still losing grip on the rear during tight turns. Hope Criag would give suggestion to improve.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Photon Setup Sheet.pdf (362.6 KB, 188 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.