R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #2086
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
Anyone know when T.O.P. USA is getting the Foam version in? I'm taking a chance and told my local hobby shop I wanted a Photon instead of the New Corally PHI '09. I was going to wait and see how it faired in the hands of other club racers, but I couldn't wait. Although the above post about the car pushing scares me a little.
Larry tested new foam car. He has drivin many cars. He is very demanding on cars and not happy unless there working right. Hes not 1 to sugar coat it if somethings not correct. After testing I saw a smile 600 miles away.....Hes never been so excited to attend a major event and Vegas is next week and hes very excited after testing last 2 days.

Larry has MANY MAJOR A main runs and past Reedy and Snowbirds Champion.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #2087
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

Quote:
Anyone know when T.O.P. USA is getting the Foam version in? I'm taking a chance and told my local hobby shop I wanted a Photon instead of the New Corally PHI '09. I was going to wait and see how it faired in the hands of other club racers, but I couldn't wait. Although the above post about the car pushing scares me a little.
im not sure what setup he is running but i have had a foam car for about a month or so. i took a rubber car and bought all the foam stuff. this car does everything but push. if you have one in vegas come see me i will give you my setup.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #2088
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Larry tested new foam car. He has drivin many cars. He is very demanding on cars and not happy unless there working right. Hes not 1 to sugar coat it if somethings not correct. After testing I saw a smile 600 miles away.....Hes never been so excited to attend a major event and Vegas is next week and hes very excited after testing last 2 days.

Larry has MANY MAJOR A main runs and past Reedy and Snowbirds Champion.
Larry was testing at my home track Monday and Tuesday of this week. His dad races there with me. I was checking out the car and it looks really nice. I got all excited when I picked it up and handled it. I didn't get to see him run though, I stopped by for a few minutes but didn't have time to stay. When I said I was taking a chance I meant that I wanted to see it in the hands of an average club racer such as myself. Corally, Xray, and Losi have been around and are pretty much proven as very capable carpet cars. The Photon carpet version really hasn't been tested other than by Josh and Larry, and they could win with a Tamiya Frog. I was going to wait until I see how it does at big races and in the hands of a local club racer before I made a decision but I decided to get one and not wait. I couldn't help myself. The first big race I'll be attending with it will be the Halloween Classic. We'll see how it goes. I hope Larry, Josh and all the other T.O.P. drivers do well in Vegas.

Last edited by kobiwan; 09-03-2009 at 04:02 AM.
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #2089
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Larry was testing at my home track Monday and Tuesday of this week. His dad races there with me. I was checking out the car and it looks really nice. I got all excited when I picked it up and handled it. I didn't get to see him run though, I stopped by for a few minutes but didn't have time to stay. When I said I was taking a chance I meant that I wanted to see it in the hands of an average club racer such as myself. Corally, Xray, and Losi have been around and are pretty much proven as very capable carpet cars. The Photon carpet version really hasn't been tested other than by Josh and Larry, and they could win with a Tamiya Frog. I was going to wait until I see how it does at big races and in the hands of a local club racer before I made a decision but I decided to get one and not wait. I couldn't help myself. The first big race I'll be attending with it will be the Halloween Classic. We'll see how it goes. I hope Larry, Josh and all the other T.O.P. drivers do well in Vegas.

I hear ya.. On a side note the car made it thru 800 SacK Laps, So strenth is for sure good..LOL

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #2090
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

So Tag when are you getting yours....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #2091
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
So Tag when are you getting yours....

I heard him talking about a "purple" car a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #2092
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post

I heard him talking about a "purple" car a couple weeks ago.
that sounds about right.. how come your talking some sense in to him..
Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #2093
Tech Regular

I noticed that Amain hobbies sells a Lipo only chassis for Carpet and rubber versions of the Photon. I also seen a 3mm 6cell chassis for the foam version but not a 3mm lipo only version. Anyone know why? Is it because it doesn't need to be that thick since the lipo only chassis doesn't have any cut outs and has less flex?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #2094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Is it because it doesn't need to be that thick since the lipo only chassis doesn't have any cut outs and has less flex?
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #2095
Tech Regular

Are 6 degree castor blocks, aluminum rear uprights, and aluminum steering knuckles available options for the Foam version? And if so, Are they recomended upgrades?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #2096
Tech Elite

Quote:
Are 6 degree castor blocks, aluminum rear uprights, and aluminum steering knuckles available options for the Foam version? And if so, Are they recomended upgrades?
kobiwan,

I don't think any of that stuff is necessary upgrades. Like Larry said he was running a stock Carpet Kit with a Lipo Chassis. You might want to get some more springs just to play around with depending on the track conditions..
Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #2097
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
kobiwan,

I don't think any of that stuff is necessary upgrades. Like Larry said he was running a stock Carpet Kit with a Lipo Chassis. You might want to get some more springs just to play around with depending on the track conditions..
Your such a Chuck!!!!!!!! UUUUMMMM
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #2098
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

Quote:

I havent broke one single part yet on my top car and i just came back from a 20 month layoff the car is as strong as an xray,losi,tamiya,corally it doesnt need that stuff and i base that on the fact i never ran a brand new car at 4 or 5 races without a broken part
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #2099
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Your such a Chuck!!!!!!!! UUUUMMMM
PULL IT!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #2100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
what about your 009?? call me I just got my cell back!!