Originally Posted by Mark506
haha. I bet it will be a little more than the TC5. Just a thought
Understandably so.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Understandably so.
Yeah, but look where it is made. Then take into account how much they spend on labor and materials. It will not justify too much of a price increase. Granted Josh is the brains behind the car, but if it was based on that, the street price would be well into the thousands.

I doubt they will increase the price beyond the TC5. Because if it is up there near Xray or Corally, they aren't going to sell too well in my opinion. Xray and Corally already have a very well established name for themselves.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well people pay a ridiculous amount for Tamiya cars and they dont have the R&D or the quality control.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
Well people pay a ridiculous amount for Tamiya cars and they dont have the R&D or the quality control.
Yeah but look at how well they have been tearing the races apart at world competitions? They have been kicking arse and taking names.

As far as R&D, that is what their top drivers are doing, as well as the QC. As far as I see it, Tamiya cars are the cream of the crop. Not many people like to buy their cars because of how scarce their parts are. Not to mention how long it takes to get any parts in. Otherwise I am sure there would be more Tamiya cars running around.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
You realize you're talking about the car that was used to win the latest world championship, right? And that the TRF team has nearly kept all other manufacturers out of the top 3 for the last year? I wouldn't underestimate Tamiya's dedication to R&D, they've got the car to beat, and it's no accident. Some companies talk about their development, and optimization, and refined this and that, and make you think it's what really matters. Other companies win races. Lots of them.

So far, it seems like TOP gets it. I hope the car is as good as it's looked so far, the US needs a strong sedan with good parts/team support, and fair pricing. The sedans from the American companies seem to be losing ground lately, and the other options (XRay, Corally) have gotten pretty unreasonable with their prices.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Adam?
You realize you're talking about the car that was used to win the latest world championship, right? And that the TRF team has nearly kept all other manufacturers out of the top 3 for the last year? I wouldn't underestimate Tamiya's dedication to R&D, they've got the car to beat, and it's no accident. Some companies talk about their development, and optimization, and refined this and that, and make you think it's what really matters. Other companies win races. Lots of them.

So far, it seems like TOP gets it. I hope the car is as good as it's looked so far, the US needs a strong sedan with good parts/team support, and fair pricing. The sedans from the American companies seem to be losing ground lately, and the other options (XRay, Corally) have gotten pretty unreasonable with their prices.
+1!

But remember, when it comes to Xray, you are getting "Optimized" performance... *cough*. Corally has some high quality parts and their fit and finish, ease of tuning, and solid setup is very well worth the money in my opinion.

But yeah, I really hope TOP Racing has very good parts support here in the US. This car looks like a tough competitor to the Tamiya 416. I hope CEFX makes some nice upgrades to the car as well. With Josh Cyrul behind the brand, we can be rest assured we got a great contender approaching the ring.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

I'm not 100% on the prices that the retail or street price will be but I do know that our goal and intent from the begining was to match the TC5. Keep in mind, the Photon will come with aluminum differentials (not plastic) so if it's within $25 of a TC5 then we did our part as it already comes with the aftermarket part that you would normally have to buy.

CEFX won't be making upgrades for the Photon, this will be TOP Racing's area 100%.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I'm not 100% on the prices that the retail or street price will be but I do know that our goal and intent from the begining was to match the TC5. Keep in mind, the Photon will come with aluminum differentials (not plastic) so if it's within $25 of a TC5 then we did our part as it already comes with the aftermarket part that you would normally have to buy.

CEFX won't be making upgrades for the Photon, this will be TOP Racing's area 100%.
Bummer...

But thanks for the 411 on the car's "ballpark" price. Keep up the great work Josh!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Why would CEFX make hop ups for a car that won't need them and since the Photon is already a Cyrul design?Nice work BTW Josh.Car works great right now in Prototype form so I will assume it will be a threat when its released.
Originally Posted by HarryN
Bummer...

But thanks for the 411 on the car's "ballpark" price. Keep up the great work Josh!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
Why would CEFX make hop ups for a car that won't need them and since the Photon is already a Cyrul design?Nice work BTW Josh.Car works great right now in Prototype form so I will assume it will be a threat when its released.
It is a Cyrul design, so we know it is going to be awesome as soon as it is built. However, why would CEFX make hop-ups for it? Well, to help th ecar evolve and stay ahead of the competition perhaps? Perhaps a new idea on better performance came up while sitting on the can delivering chocolate goodies to the porcelain king? A number of reasons. And since Josh has been developing the car, it would only make sense for CEFX to make upgrade parts for the car to keep it performing above the rest.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Hey, my wife is going to Japan in May, can she by the car over there before it's available over here?
Josh? EJ? Michael?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul

the tc5 does come with aluminum diff halves now..lol..anyways i got to see this car in persona t the snowbirds..and watch kyle bergstrom wheel it...i do have to admit it looks great...now if you could get it cyrul green..lol..
Old 04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Josh? EJ? Michael?
Hey Rich,

The car will be available in all regions at the same time.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Hey Rich,

The car will be available in all regions at the same time.
Nuts.. I was hoping to get SOMETHING out of her $$$$ trip to Japan...

I wonder if she can bring me back a baby Godzilla?.. Or Rodan?... Motha?. Ghidrah?... Baragon?... Gamera?..
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Regional Moderator

How about a Geisha?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.