LRP TC spec comp / NOSRAM ISTC .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP TC spec comp / NOSRAM ISTC .

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default LRP TC spec comp / NOSRAM ISTC .

Hi ,

I have bought my new LRP tc spec comp esc ( 3t motor limit ) and i have a few question on it about the programming .

IN the programming there are 4 mode and in each mode you choose your value .

Q#1 : For the mode 1 , if i have value 1 does it automaticly goes to lipo or NIMH if i change bettery or do i have to change it myself ?

Q#2 : What programming do people use , like 2,5,6,1 ( wich is what i use on a tight high grip track , carpet ) as it has 4 mode and could you please tell me your values for each mode for 5 cell racing for : a smooth /low grip / tigh track ,
smooth /medium-low grip / medium sized ,
smooth/medium-low grip / flowing .

Thanks in advance .
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

#1, yes YOU need to change it if you change from nimh's to lipo's

#2 YOU need to test the profiles for your self and see what works best for YOU. Different people like different things. Some may run the punch at 2 and others at 4 on the same track. So YOU need to do some testing and see what YOU like. Run the car for a couple min's pull off change the profile and try again and see how it feels for YOU.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B

#2 YOU need to test the profiles for your self and see what works best for YOU. Different people like different things. Some may run the punch at 2 and others at 4 on the same track. So YOU need to do some testing and see what YOU like. Run the car for a couple min's pull off change the profile and try again and see how it feels for YOU.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

LOL , ok I will try them but how do I change from NIMH to LIPO , i doesnt say it on the manual , it only syad that value 2 in mode one is for NIMH batts better for racing and value one is for LIPO/NIMH but how do I change it ?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Read the instructions again. It tells you step by step how to make changes to the speedo.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Read the instructions again. It tells you step by step how to make changes to the speedo.
Hi ,

I have the instruction in front of me and it says : MODE 1 ( auto cell system ) value 1 = NIMH/LIPO automatic
value 2 = 4-6cell racing purpose .

It only shows this .

Also Q#3 : My capacitor on the esc is warm around ~ 35-50 degree celsius , is it fine ? Or is it too hot ?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Q#1, just leave it on setting 2, the lipo detection bit is nottoriously crap on those ESC's, just only do short runs and make sure you top up.

Q#2 - 2, 4, 2, 2 or 2, 5, 2, 2

Specifics will depend on motor, size of track, tyres, grip levels etc. Anything more than 4 outside with a 10.5 tends to cause exit oversteer problems or unbalance the car.

Q#3, Don't worry about the cap unless it is very hot.

Skiddins
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Q#1, just leave it on setting 2, the lipo detection bit is nottoriously crap on those ESC's, just only do short runs and make sure you top up.

Q#2 - 2, 4, 2, 2 or 2, 5, 2, 2

Specifics will depend on motor, size of track, tyres, grip levels etc. Anything more than 4 outside with a 10.5 tends to cause exit oversteer problems or unbalance the car.

Q#3, Don't worry about the cap unless it is very hot.

Skiddins
Hey , thanks Skidd , but when you said " dont go over 4 " , is it the puch setting you mean ? If yes why did you mension 5 in the 2sd setup ( 2,5,2,2 ) no offence ?
what do you mean the lipo detection is crap ?Doesnt it detect the LIPO , but can i use LIPO with my ESC ?
How come you dont use more then 2 for the brakes doesnt the car takes longer to brake ?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hey , thanks Skidd , but when you said " dont go over 4 " , is it the puch setting you mean ? If yes why did you mension 5 in the 2sd setup ( 2,5,2,2 ) no offence ?
what do you mean the lipo detection is crap ?Doesnt it detect the LIPO , but can i use LIPO with my ESC ?
How come you dont use more then 2 for the brakes doesnt the car takes longer to brake ?
What it's detecting is Voltage not whether you are running a LiPo or NiHm batteries.
The Voltage cut off for the 2 cell LiPo is 6 volts so when the battery gets low or close to that voltage the ESC shuts down the motor but keeps your steering.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

I would recommend profiles 1-4 for running mod motors. Anything higher just creates more heat and some very non-linear throttle response. If you're running Spec classes (10.5, 13.5, 17.5) the more aggressive profiles can be used with success. It really depends on track, motor, battery and driving style. Remember that using a more aggressive profile may require gearing changes to keep motor temps and performance in check.

There are drivers that have a throttle finger response similar to a light swith. It's either ON or OFF, no in between. A super aggressive profile wouldn't be the best choice for such a driver. Especially on a low traction surface. Smoother is faster!!

Outdoors running mod on a larger asphalt track that required heavy braking I ran an initial brake setting of 2. It was plenty of braking power.

Bottomline: If you are racing, use the NiMH mode #2. Just be sure not to go out and run a 15 minute practice marathon. Keep your practice sessions close to your race length (5 or 6 minutes). The LiPO mode has been know to kick in even if the battery still has plenty of voltage. The high current demands of BL motors can cause the LiPO cut off to activate as voltage fluctuates during a race.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
I would recommend profiles 1-4 for running mod motors. Anything higher just creates more heat and some very non-linear throttle response. If you're running Spec classes (10.5, 13.5, 17.5) the more aggressive profiles can be used with success. It really depends on track, motor, battery and driving style. Remember that using a more aggressive profile may require gearing changes to keep motor temps and performance in check.

There are drivers that have a throttle finger response similar to a light swith. It's either ON or OFF, no in between. A super aggressive profile wouldn't be the best choice for such a driver. Especially on a low traction surface. Smoother is faster!!

Outdoors running mod on a larger asphalt track that required heavy braking I ran an initial brake setting of 2. It was plenty of braking power.

Bottomline: If you are racing, use the NiMH mode #2. Just be sure not to go out and run a 15 minute practice marathon. Keep your practice sessions close to your race length (5 or 6 minutes). The LiPO mode has been know to kick in even if the battery still has plenty of voltage. The high current demands of BL motors can cause the LiPO cut off to activate as voltage fluctuates during a race.
OK so if i want to race lipo llike 10.5 , i should go to profile #1 like this it detects when it goes below 6v , but if i use profile#2 ( NIMH racing purpose ) i canot use LIPO , well i can but it wont detect if it goes below 6v .
Am i right for this ?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

You can run LiPo with either battery mode but if you use a LiPo in mode 2 then you won't have the low voltage cut off as a safety net, this would only be a problem if you intend doing like 15 minute practice runs with the LIPo. If you limit yourself to running 5 - 6 minutes then you can run your LiPo on any battery mode.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skitee
You can run LiPo with either battery mode but if you use a LiPo in mode 2 then you won't have the low voltage cut off as a safety net, this would only be a problem if you intend doing like 15 minute practice runs with the LIPo. If you limit yourself to running 5 - 6 minutes then you can run your LiPo on any battery mode.
Cool i got it correct for this thanks .
Is it possible to do 15 minute of practise with a LIPO ( 4000 mah ) with a 5.5 t motor .

How many minutes can i do with a 5.5 and lipo ( 2200 ) ?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cyclonespeed its not just you. The LRP instructions are a joke. Especially for a world champion company. Its wrong to charge that much for a product then not explain how to get the most out of it. They don't offer much help on this forum either. They could learn a lot from Tekin

Also confusing is that the different profiles change the timing as well as the current limmit. Again no explanation in the instructions except the higher the number the more agressive. You would assume that the higher the profile the more timing and current so for spec racing a high profile would help if yu have a steady throttle finger.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

A detailed explaination of the profiles would be very helpful. Something that broke down the timing, response curve, current limiting and whatever else is changed from profile #1 to profile #8. Some graphs would really be excellent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.