Wiki Posts
Search

Fw14 Formula 1 tamiya

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Fw14 Formula 1 tamiya

well i think its a FW14 im not sure.

my question is where can i source upgrades, spares for this car?? what is this like on slightly rough tarmac and are they fairly strong??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

thats a link to it, im not sure if their is a rule against ebay links but i have no other choice. so sorry!!

please give me any information you have, any at all
Old 08-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, it is a Tamiya FW14. Tamiya used that base chassis for a number of cars.
Fairly strong. Depends on how 'rough' the tarmac is - it uses foams and providing you have enough ground clearance it should be okay.
There are upgrades available - some by Tamiya, you have to do it bit of searching on that.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks any thing else, oh thats it i meant to ask wether this is worth purchasing to replace my tl01 as i am having problems with the gears etc, so i will be looking to simply move my esc and 19x2 motor acros with the reciever. will this all be compatible?? and are these cars simple to keep and stuff???
Old 08-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

They are awesome cars and that is well worth the money. If you put a 19X2 in it make sure its totally dry when you run it otherwise youll just end up pulling doughnuts. Also the acoms servo would be better being replaced with a better one, possibly a ko digital one as its response is probably not quick enough for a 19t motor and you may end up in trouble. Bargain at £5 though!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Red face

thanks if i invest im sure i will look at a new servo!! sounds like its the car for me any tips on setup like suspension spring, hop ups, upgrades.

also will my tl01 wheels fit on this??? and could i get the shells to fit from a touring car with a few modifications, if not what shells will fit and where can i get them from??

also is their a new version(s) of this chassi and what does it cost in the uk for a rolling chassi??

cheers for the help so far