Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS up in Smoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin RS up in Smoke

Just back from the track this evening, I really messed up big time with my RS ESC, I was hooking up my Reedy 5000mah 35C Lipo, for those of you who are not familiar, this pack has it's connectors (+ & -) on opposite sides of the Orion or IP type cells.

Anyhow I guess I should have been paying more attention, as I messed them up and the Speed Control is now a really expensive paper weight.
Not sure how Tekin will deal with this from a service standpoint.
Hopefully there is some kind of Idiot clause in their warranty, where I may be able to pay a smaller fee to get a new one, similar to Novak.

I did not hesitate, I went straight into the shop and bought another one, even though I had a certain Orange one in my pit box.

If someone from Tekin could comment on how this would be treated, I would certainly appreciated it, excellent products!

Cheers
Grant
Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lifeguy
Just back from the track this evening, I really messed up big time with my RS ESC, I was hooking up my Reedy 5000mah 35C Lipo, for those of you who are not familiar, this pack has it's connectors (+ & -) on opposite sides of the Orion or IP type cells.

Anyhow I guess I should have been paying more attention, as I messed them up and the Speed Control is now a really expensive paper weight.
Not sure how Tekin will deal with this from a service standpoint.
Hopefully there is some kind of Idiot clause in their warranty, where I may be able to pay a smaller fee to get a new one, similar to Novak.

I did not hesitate, I went straight into the shop and bought another one, even though I had a certain Orange one in my pit box.

If someone from Tekin could comment on how this would be treated, I would certainly appreciated it, excellent products!

Cheers
Grant
WOW that would be horrible.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It wouldn't hurt to call them on the phone and talk to them. You may be able to get a good rebuild price.

They have excellent customer service just like a good family owned business which they are.

They really took care of me on the idiot clause but my damage was more cosmetic than functional.

Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lifeguy

Cheers
Grant
While I'm not completely informed of there Warranty practices there service is top notch an I think even user fault repair is resonably priced. I would PM Randy Pike on the forum or shoot him an E-mail at [email protected] Regardless of the outcome that's the first step.

Good luck
Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

we've all smoked a speedo at 1 pt or another.

R
Old 03-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Some have even made em catch fire
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Life, we do offer a non warranty cost that is nicely discounted for when someone might have an "oops" or "my bad" issue.

Honesty goes a long way here at Tekin. Give us a call and we'll get you handled.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

you could atleast have had the decency of filming it for our amusement.. j/k.. saddest thing i ever saw was a 12 y/o kid the day after c-mas watching his brand new emax go up in flames... and i mean flames..
Old 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Suspended

I have smoked three lrp speedos last year.Now I run Tekin rs pro's and not one issue.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sure would have been nice if ROAR had standardized the connectors and side for them when they made the lipo rules. Hind sight being 20/20.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

It actually did have flames, when I plugged it in reverse, it puffed smoke!
Then Bawdy Shop Nick Imineo, says to plug it back in the proper way.
This is when we seen the flame!

I can laugh about it!!!

The worse part is I have my settings all saved and the speedo was perfect with my Hotwire, now I have to wire up and program the new one I purchased last night!

Cheers
Grant
Old 03-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Off topic a little but this was an LRP TC spec speedy that had 1 foot high flames coming out of it (lucky it didn't burn too long). I was obliged to replace it even though later I found out it was faulty already - lesson learned never borrow expensive electrics... I have since bought an RS Pro and couldn't be happier.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Life, we do offer a non warranty cost that is nicely discounted for when someone might have an "oops" or "my bad" issue.

Honesty goes a long way here at Tekin. Give us a call and we'll get you handled.

This is one thing that really makes a customer keep coming back!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
Sure would have been nice if ROAR had standardized the connectors and side for them when they made the lipo rules. Hind sight being 20/20.
wow, how does ROAR get brought up in a thread about a guy plugging his esc in backwards? I would never want to be a part of ROAR managment just for the fact that you get blamed for everything anymore
Old 03-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
wow, how does ROAR get brought up in a thread about a guy plugging his esc in backwards? I would never want to be a part of ROAR managment just for the fact that you get blamed for everything anymore
Oh Matt...You always make sooooooooooooo much sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.