2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 11:00 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Tonight's oval race should be just finishing up... I haven't heard anything from anybody yet on who did what.

Qualifying starts bright and early tomorrow, and continues throughout the day (and well into the night!) ... so look for periodic results throughout the day, whenever our reporters have a break in their own racing.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hope you guys liked the pics- there are more coming.

The purple paint job is Zubak's ride, the trick suspension on the roundy round car is from Precision I think.. I'll have to look.

BTW, Niftech has some really sweet looking parts...

Now that I know I can upload pics and video, I try to get all the good pics I can...
Old 02-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ron Atomic of http://www.kinetixrc.com/ finished on top of his class during the club race. I guess he has that Schumacher figured out. If I am not mistaken Mark Gardner is also a Kenetic's racer and runs the Schuie.

Other notables are Juraj Hudy (the owner of XRAY and HUDY) and Martin Hudy racing XRAYs finished well in thier club race classes.

I can't wait for the qualifier results. I really appreciate the effort made to cover this event. Great job everyone!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Futureal, Big Dog and everyone else. Well done. Great job. Great pics. How I wish I was there.

I came straight into the office this morning and switched to this thread. The racing sounds great too.

Just one thing. Could you include a bracket after the drivers name, saying what car he/she is driving. We all know Spashett drives a Losi but we don't know what most other guys drive, and it is important. This is not meant as criticism. i would just love to know what cars are doing what.

I'll get back to putting the camshafts in my race car now and tune into Snowbirds again later.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:57 AM
R/C Tech Founder

johnbull: I will ask Kraig the next time I talk to him to see if he can identify who is running what. I was about to do exactly what you said, until I realized I didn't know exactly what everybody was running. I know the big names but not much else.

BigDog: Thanks again for the pics... keep 'em coming!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

They're all running Losi's of course!

Jits
Old 02-08-2002, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

sometimes I wonder how Pops could stay in business, what with all the people that he has bought to run his stuff. OH wait a minute that is why he sold to Horizon, they have more money........hehehhehehehhehehe there is no denying that the XXX-S is a great car but these guys would be blazing fast with anything.
IKE
P.S.Great coverage keep it coming.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Bigdog......nice pics...thanks for all the info guys.....damn..wish i was there
Old 02-08-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GO RON

Sweet Ron "Kinetix" Atomic taking stock at the club race. He has been practicing with the new schumacher at our track for a straight month and it was so dialed here.

He told me that they are not using ozite but kept the same setup and it was a little different but not enough to call for a setup change. Ron is running 13.0 lap times in stock/rubber class and Kinwald/Spashett are running 10.8 lap times in mod/foam class.

Glad to see Johnson back out of retirement, now we just need Jack "The Hammer" Johnson back (he did make an appearence at the 99' Las Vegas NORRCA Nats though .

I read this whole thread and I can't believe all the stuff people have to say Cyrul. He is a great help to this hobby imho.

Last edited by David Joor; 02-08-2002 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

EASY David. Most have no clue what it takes to be at the PRO sponsored level. Cyrul is all good.

Oh yea, GO RON!!!
Old 02-08-2002, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

kraig....find out how scotty is doing......
Old 02-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Jason, How are you doing. Send me some picts if you can or a post where I can go and see them. Good luck
Old 02-08-2002, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

I plan to visit your track soon. Do you have a picture of the new layout or is it still the same layout?
Old 02-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New layout and bigger pipes, the track is great, you have to love carpet.

Ron got to practice on carpet before obviously and that seems to have helped him, hope he can stick it through for the actual race. It will do great things for Kinetix Batteries since we will start selling the SMH's on the web very soon along with other stuff.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up GO Aus/Tex Racers

Just wanted to show my support for our local racers from Austin, Tx and KinetixRC

Way to go Atomic Ron, Mark G. and Dave P on the club races!

Now take it home guys.

Futureal and BigDog, great coverage and keep sending us pics. Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.