Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals >

2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

2002 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals

Old 02-12-2002, 12:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

To put it quite simply (and as others have said), I haven't posted the oval final results because I don't have them, and the Snowbirds crew has not given them to me. Through BigDog and Kraig I was supplying info to this site, Tech Talk and Hobbytalk, while the Snowbirds people did nothing. I'm not slamming them, because they had about a million things to do on their own, but I think overall we have done a pretty good job in getting the info out.

I still plan on posting the Oval results, as soon as I can find them.

Hopefully it will be long before the June 2002 issue of RCCA with the race report!
Old 02-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Thanks a bunch to BigDog for the pictures and race info, and especially futureal for updating the site constantly to keep us all informed. Thanks alot guys, I really enjoyed it.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hi guys and girls!

Just got done reading all of your posts and I have to say I tried to get the final results for the oval races but when I went to where they were posted on the wall I couldn't find them. Sorry about that.

Congrats to Ron for his win in 19 turn. His car looked real good and so did the chrome paint!

Thanks to Scotty and Brian for running Team 1 tuned stock motors and 19 turn motors.

All in all it was a good week for just about every company that attended the event, including Team 1 R/C.

I don't know about you but would you call Blackstock winning 1/12th mod with Associated equipment an upset over the Trinity camp? Let the debate begin.

I too took some pictures but I have to find the disks in my luggage. I haven't seen what was posted on here yet but I am sure Big Dog got just about everything. If not, maybe I picked it up.

If you did not attend this year you better start saving your pennies for next year, you won't regret it!

One last thing. Look out for Timmy Heiser, he is definately going to be moving up through the ranks. Although I did beat him at Racerock in the stock car game. haha Good kid with a lot of talent!!!

Last edited by Kraig; 02-12-2002 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. The Snowbirds was a blast. I enjoyed meeting everyone. I was with Big Dog for some of the pix he took. It was about 3am in the morning. I'm amazed that anyone was able to provide updates on the races AND get their sleep/racing/etc. in.
Congrats to everyone who raced and I look forward to seeing my new friends next year.
btw, Ron's paintjob did look nice...maybe cuz I painted it!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

When are the Factory Rides Pictures going to be posted?

Mike Webb
Old 02-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

mike the pics will be posted as soon as futreal gets them....give these ppl a break.....kraig and big dog just got home from a long race....and they did a great job...and all ppl want is more more more.....give them a break....

kraig...i bet the only place you beat timmy was on the game......you stopping by the track this week??
Old 02-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

I know for a fact that we probably got about 7 hours total sleep between Wed. and Sun. Big Dog did miss practice time because he was up late taking pics. He was so tired, he left his laptop in my room so that it would stay connected to the net while uploading pix/video/updates. Big Dog did an absolutely awesome job updating (as well as everyone else who updated). Give them credit and give them a little time to wake up...
Old 02-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Matt, yup that is the only place. He was talking trash about us going down so I had to rub it in. He is a good sport. Don't know when I will be down at the track again. Probably not until next week Tuesday.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the winners cars. I was looking for the more obscure stuff like oval car chassis and Hyperdrives new 1/12th scale on road car.

Venomboy, nice paint work!

You should see Kinwald's new chassis that he was running for this week. Looks nothing like the one he ran at the Novak race.

Some people asked somewhere why Jimmy Babcock was running stock. From what I was told this was his first on road race and he spent most if not all of the first day building his car. He did run 19 turn as well though.

Last edited by Kraig; 02-12-2002 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Snowbirds

Wow...what a party...still trying to recover....24 hrs a day of intense rc car action...some were even seen sleeping head down on their pit tables, only to wake up, and look up to find shock parts stuck to their forehead (really happened, and totally funny). Kudos definitely to Big Dog for trying to race two classes and keep people posted with race coverage...

Guys, if you ever have a chance to make this trip, do it...worth every penny...best part is getting to hang with guys from all over the country, bs all night long, laugh at each other when you do something stupid, then cheer each other on in the races...this is what its all about...

Shawn, Jason, Randy, Larry...and all the rest...thanks for making this a lot of fun...
Old 02-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the kudos Kraig. I had to say bye to the body since it's spending a year at Race Rock! Atomic Ron had a great run.

Mark G. is absolutely right. Racing is always great, but being able to spend time with other racers and meet new people, bs, etc. makes it even better.

I wonder if the imprint of shock parts is still on his forehead...[]
Old 02-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Snowbird Choice - SMH or HV

Please, don't think I being pushy, but I have a question

Can anyone tell us what the batteries of choice were in both Oval & Roadcourse? (SMH/HV)
Old 02-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Atomic Ron runs his Kinetix SMH batteries (19t champ!).
That's all I'll ever run...
Old 02-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pictures and setup for the winning Mission

If you want to see pictures of the winning Mission in 19t Rubber, then please visit http://www.kinetixrc.com, setup sheet is on the way as well, it is the news article in the upper left.

Once again, thank you BigDog and Futureal for all the info, it was like I was there

BILL80 - SMH's are all I will run

RCCadet - haha, I was just coming back to do that, fixed the comma

Last edited by David Joor; 02-12-2002 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Venomboy
\I wonder if the imprint of shock parts is still on his forehead...
Naw, it's gone- I rubbed it 'til they went away... :P

I have to agree that the camaradery was just as good as the racing- I wouldn't change a thing even if I could- thanks to all you guys!!

As far as batteries, the SMH's were good in stock, but my HV's charged at 7 amps were really fast in 19t rubber. I was able to turn a few 12.7 laps in the C main- those are A main lap times! Of course, when you add in the couple 19 second laps....
Old 02-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Kraig
You should see Kinwald's new chassis that he was running for this week. Looks nothing like the one he ran at the Novak race.
What was different on his car this time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.