HPI Pro 3

Old 10-14-2001, 10:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Guys,

I found a really good setup with mine now on tarmack. I am using Pits tyres. As regards to setup I have the following:

Front:
50W Shock oil with Associated Purple Springs layed, down 3 holes and 65.5mm length.
6 deg caster blocks
2 deg negative chamber
0 deg toe
Caster Block to lower arm mount in lower position
Caster Block to upper link, in lower position as well

Rear:
50W Shock oil with Associated Green Springs, layed down 3 holes and 66.0mm length.
2 deg toe-in
3 deg negative chamber
Block ro upper link, in lower position

As regards to spacers for arms and blocks as per instructions.

Additional hop ups:
Alloy Motor Mount
Alloy Drive Shafts
Front and middle one way
Titanium Turnbuckles.

However I have a problem as the car is 50g over weight. I desperatly need to remove at least 35g. Can ony one suggest how. Is the factory chassis that light, however, if I use it, the car might loose. Despite all this, however, the car is very fast and I am lapping consitently faster than I used to lap with my TC3.

Ray from Malta
Old 10-18-2001, 11:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where did you get the alloy drive shafts?

Probably from Asia....but who makes them?
Old 10-19-2001, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I let a Losi driver borrow my Pro3 when he busted up and couldn't find parts - I think he's starting to second guess his choices... says the Pro3 is smoooooth.
Old 10-21-2001, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

We bought the alloy drive shafts from England.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: HPI chassis

Originally posted by RCFREAK
has anyone upgraded to the nw graphite chassis yet? does it make a remarkablee differance?? as of right now it waiting at my local shop... i also would like to get the Hot bodies kit for the Pro3. i saw the penguin kit but opted to get the hot bodies kit.. does anyone have the part number for it? and does all the hardware come with it now?

thanks.
I have the HPI graphite chassis... it is about 4oz lighter and slightly more stiffer than stock. When used with the HB upper deck. about 80-90% of the flex is removed. The car will handle alot better with both of them on... no need to spend $100 for the Penguin chassis kit.. The HB parts can be found at www.rickysrccar.com or Tower Hobbies. good luck
Old 10-29-2001, 12:38 PM
Regional Moderator

hey pro-3 guys,
i just switched from my yok sp to a pro-3......tried the car once....did well liked it......its a very forgiving car (cause of the humangus chasis flex......which comes in handy on our track)....the car feels solid on the track....and is very differn in driving characteristics compared to other tc's i have driven (mr4 pro/ sp, tc3, schum, corally etc...)
anyways wish me luck got a race(malta nats chams) with the car in mod class....ill be racing with "remo" (pro-3 wizard in malta
)
Old 10-31-2001, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well guys, I'm going to jump over to this car and I was a die hard Pro 2 man. How much of a performance difference is there with the new graphite chassis form HPI? They have it for $35. Also, I ran the Pro 2 head to head with a Pro 3 in our last race in the B-main. He couldn't shake me and I couldn't shake him. Is this a superior car to the Pro 2 if the drivers were equal?

Don't look back, it may be an HPI! Drive on HPI
Old 10-31-2001, 04:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HPI 1,

I LOVE my Pro 3 and I had a Pro 2. I think its better but...

I just bought a Atlas and I think its superior, but if you want to try out my 3 (I have the penguin chassis), hook up with me at one of the carpet tracks in KC and I'll let you use it for a night.

Or maybe more
Old 10-31-2001, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by HPI 1
Well guys, I'm going to jump over to this car and I was a die hard Pro 2 man. How much of a performance difference is there with the new graphite chassis form HPI? They have it for $35. Also, I ran the Pro 2 head to head with a Pro 3 in our last race in the B-main. He couldn't shake me and I couldn't shake him. Is this a superior car to the Pro 2 if the drivers were equal?

Don't look back, it may be an HPI! Drive on HPI
Performance advantage with the HPI graphite chassis is definately slightly better than stock... the graphite tub is about 4oz lighter and slightly more stiffer. If you combine this with the Hotbodies upperdeck. Performance and handling is very much improved. The car will be about 80-90% flex free. I've had the Pro2 and now the Pro3... I think the Pro3 is overall a better car.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

HPI swaybars: which is stiffer, the green one or the purple one?
Old 10-31-2001, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

marvi:are you talking about sway bars for Pro3? i have both front and back and they are in Silver, gold and black.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

oh, they must be for the pro2. i lost the original package so i dont know the color coding of the different rates
Old 11-01-2001, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Kansasracer,
Your 2 kind big man. Your driving has came a long ways since you began. I'm tired of winning the B-mains when I'm there and my sorry motors wouldn't get me in the A's at the end of the year. You did have your Pro 3 flying though, So how do you like the Atlas, it's a pure machine.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

HPI-1: you make it sound like you were always in the B-Main. You made plenty of apperances in the A-main. Don't forget you won one this year too! I'd say that this has been a pretty good year so far.

kansasracer: you ready to whoop up on us with the Atlas once the Winnwood races start?
Old 11-01-2001, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, I was in the big show consistantly until the weather got cooler, LOL!!! After then the slicks I had were on ice. But as hte weather got cooer, your car got better, lol!! I can't figure that one out Darkside. But you did run the AGLE for most of the summer months. That C4.1 was like night and day for you. The C4 was good, but not as good. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by HPI 1; 11-01-2001 at 01:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.