Parma DB-9 WGT body

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parma DB-9 WGT body

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was able to get one of these this past Friday. I got it mounted and painted on Saturday. I ran it on Sunday. It looks great and handles awesome. I ran it several packs. The traction was comperable to last weekend and the laps times were very good. I think this could be one of the best bodies Parma has made to date. I highly recommend it. I understand that they are available in the next few days. If you like World GT Class you need to run this body...

Great Work Paul and the Parma staff...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulfinator
The problem isn't the manufactures it's the consumers, supply and demand.
It's the rules that need to be set in stone to stop consumers from simply fitting a bodyshell that has clear advantages over anyone else.

Although I'm not fussed about replica's of the real thing, they tend to look far better.

Take a look at the first few pictures here;
http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48175

You can't deny that a grid looking like that is far better than a grid of Sophia's or this DB9 body.

One of the reason't VTA has taken off is the recognisable and distinctive bodyshells.

Skiddins
Old 03-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man that Saleen, Corvette, Zonda and GT40 look good. It's almost as if i'm looking at a GT lineup on SPA francorchamps. It looks so realistic.

this new DB9 looks alright except the front end looks like it ran right into a plank of wood and worked itself under.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
man that Saleen, Corvette, Zonda and GT40 look good.
The only part that makes me a sad panda is the Zonda and GT40 are not allowed in RCGT since they are not front engine, real wheel drive cars. Othewise I would have run them a long while ago.

This body is great. It has nice downforce and definitely looks like a winner. I would love to try this body out. I remember seeing this body in Josh Cyrul's hands. It was a neon yellow/green color.

Parma has my vote. I am going to try this body out.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulfinator
I was able to get one of these this past Friday. I got it mounted and painted on Saturday. I ran it on Sunday. It looks great and handles awesome. I ran it several packs. The traction was comperable to last weekend and the laps times were very good. I think this could be one of the best bodies Parma has made to date. I highly recommend it. I understand that they are available in the next few days. If you like World GT Class you need to run this body...

Great Work Paul and the Parma staff...
Chicky, I saw Pulfer's car @ Tri-State this weekend. It was fast and unlike Mike, it was sexy. Nice job on the body.

-Sean
Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skiddins
It's the rules that need to be set in stone to stop consumers from simply fitting a bodyshell that has clear advantages over anyone else.

Although I'm not fussed about replica's of the real thing, they tend to look far better.

Take a look at the first few pictures here;
http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48175

You can't deny that a grid looking like that is far better than a grid of Sophia's or this DB9 body.

One of the reason't VTA has taken off is the recognisable and distinctive bodyshells.

Skiddins
I agree, and those are some fantastic pictures.

I think though you are dancing on the problem in RC though not just spec classes. In alot of cases I think we want and need a more governing organization to spell out rules and restrict or enhance technology. Again we are our own worst enemy here. If it will go .1 tenth faster people will buy it period.

I also agree with VTA however the bodies aren't the only reason it is taking off. I think it is being successful because you can run any touring car and it gives a class that anyone can compete in for again a lower cost in our twisting economy. And they look cool...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

I was excited to see a new body out for world gt, Parma did a decent job on it at it looks ok. My problem is that all the new bodies for WGT seem to be headed in that door stop direction long low slung noses but the back half of the car looks somewhat normal. If there were rules in place that stopped that from happening i think the bodies would not have gone this direction and there would probably be a wider selection out there. Just my thoughts on the subject. Oh and I also like the look of this body better than the sophia.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Have we learned nothing?
paul, will there be a lightweight version coming soon?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JCarr
I was excited to see a new body out for world gt, Parma did a decent job on it at it looks ok. My problem is that all the new bodies for WGT seem to be headed in that door stop direction long low slung noses but the back half of the car looks somewhat normal. If there were rules in place that stopped that from happening i think the bodies would not have gone this direction and there would probably be a wider selection out there. Just my thoughts on the subject. Oh and I also like the look of this body better than the sophia.
I think this is a great thread and it's nice to share ideas with people who aren't out there just bashing things. Thanks for the great discussion.

When it comes to World GT if you look at the cars themselves are very long and narrow which kind of promotes the bodies to go in this direction. Agreed the nose may be low. I think when it comes to racing I subscribe to the F1 theory. If you can make it faster do it. I dislike some of the sprint cup stuff because it's all the same and none of it is real. I also don't think putting a huge splitter on the front of the thing would be a good idea either. I understand we are talking about GT2 class which is an awesome race series. I like the 1/10 pan cars and I like having a class where I can go to a nationals and I can run with Frank Calandra and Ralph Birch but yet have spec tires and a 13.5 motor. This helps level the playing field and gives a good race to the fans. Anyway it's a great class and they're a blast to drive I will promote it anyway I can...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
The rules are set to keep that from happening. Go here for the rules: http://www.worldgtrc.com/

Also, ROAR adopted the rules almost (I say almost, only because I have not read them) all of the rules verbatim.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by timmay70
The rules are set to keep that from happening. Go here for the rules: http://www.worldgtrc.com/

Also, ROAR adopted the rules almost (I say almost, only because I have not read them) all of the rules verbatim.
I probably should start another thread as I don't mean to hijack Parma's thread. But The rules do not say that the front of the car can't look like a doorstop, which is where they are headed. I ran a HPI Trans Am body outside on asphalt last year and it handled great. There needs to be a nose height rule or something to keep the downward spiral from going to far down.

Again just my thoughts.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I trust that those in charge will not allow this class to degenerate. It was not the intent of this class to degenerate into GTP or ALMS racers. Last thing we need is a class of cars that become airplanes in blow-overs.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First off, it's not like Protoform or Parma are forcing us to run their bodies. You can run any of the approved bodies at a big race.

Take note of the people saying that they don't like the new body. You'll likely see those same people mounting up one of these "doorstops" on their cars once the fast guys start winning with it.

Personally, I think the car looks fine and carries as much of the original design as needed.

I'd still rather see this class with LMP bodies but that just isn't going to happen any time soon.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry Guys,

I didn't mean for this to get off topic.

Paul awesome job... The body is fantasic. I think it will be a huge threat at the nationals. Everyone out there at least take a look at the Aston Martin, and it drives as good as it looks...
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred_B
First off, it's not like Protoform or Parma are forcing us to run their bodies. You can run any of the approved bodies at a big race.

Take note of the people saying that they don't like the new body. You'll likely see those same people mounting up one of these "doorstops" on their cars once the fast guys start winning with it.

Personally, I think the car looks fine and carries as much of the original design as needed.

I'd still rather see this class with LMP bodies but that just isn't going to happen any time soon.
Ok I have to respond to this. I know I do not have to run one of these bodies and because I don't like the direction they are going I don't. When we run at our track outside I use the HPI Trans AM or the Proto Vette, why because I like the look of those. The fast guys are fast guys because they can out drive me I don't buy a body just because that is what they use. This is WGT if you want LMP style bodies the class you want is PRO-10. I apologize to Parma and Chickey for the hijack, I'll shut up now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.