2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

goooooooooooooooo
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
My main concern is that locally (and probably elsewhere) racers are treating the stock classes as if they are modified with turn limits. Modified 12.5 rotors (less than 7.25mm shaft) and rotors larger than 12.5 are commonly used.
Well said Rick. Isn't it the case that with BL we now don't have a stock class anyway? I appreciate what everyone said about maintenance and all that with BR, but with LiPo and BL software issues, it seems to me 'Stock' is now the same cost as Mod, and just as variable. The Law of Unintended Consequences...

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Well the winner of the Bonus lap is..........................................

LUKE HOBSON FOR THE UK. WITH HIS BONUS LAP HE IS NOW TQ...... OF PRACTICE.

Thanks for playing along.
Scotty
The British Team win the first award of the IIC!! Is there a prize for winning the first award, then we'd have two!!

I hope there is a prize for being last in Expert WorldGT - that's mine!! Then we'd be guaranteed going home with two awards!!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
Elliott Harper....or maybe........David Spashett??

17 days till i get on the plane

greetz,

Eric
You'll get better odds of it snowing in Vegas during the IIC than David coming out of retirement!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

woop woop!!

Not long left now, think it's 15 days till I leave, not looking forward to a 12 hour flight followed by a 3 hour flight.... eeek!!

Seeyou guys soon!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Stock racing has always been "pretty" much just as expensive as modified.

Same lathe, same battery war, same brush of the week, in many cases it was more expensive due to the competition being much closer. Racing will never be cheap. If it was, it wouldn't be racing, it would be bashing about.

At least now, for the guys that don't take this stuff super serious, they very much can buy one motor and run it for months and maybe years with no real issues. I know, none of those guys have the internet or post, so what's it matter right.....

As a race, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. No way to keep everyone happy. If you only allow certain motors you're going to piss off the guys that don't use/run/like those motors. You allow anything, and you piss of the guys that don't have one of everything and want to run what they own/sell/promote.

Just my opinion, and like I always say, opinions are like Shop Vacs, everyone has one and most of them suck..... some blow too.....
Old 08-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
Stock racing has always been "pretty" much just as expensive as modified.

Same lathe, same battery war, same brush of the week, in many cases it was more expensive due to the competition being much closer. Racing will never be cheap. If it was, it wouldn't be racing, it would be bashing about.

At least now, for the guys that don't take this stuff super serious, they very much can buy one motor and run it for months and maybe years with no real issues. I know, none of those guys have the internet or post, so what's it matter right.....

As a race, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. No way to keep everyone happy. If you only allow certain motors you're going to piss off the guys that don't use/run/like those motors. You allow anything, and you piss of the guys that don't have one of everything and want to run what they own/sell/promote.

Just my opinion, and like I always say, opinions are like Shop Vacs, everyone has one and most of them suck..... some blow too.....
Wow Charlie, that was an amazing post for even a short guy like you! Well put though and I mean that.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Carpet Racers - Life in the Small Lane

Just a quick note to IIC racers, the feature length film Carpet Racers which was filmed at the last IIC is complete. The film has been submitted to over a dozen film festivals all over the world. Carpet Racers will need to complete the film fest circuit before being released on DVD - which will be by the end of 2009 or early 2010.

For more info check out www.CarpetRacers.com. - you may see yourself and what past events have looked like if you were there!

Thank you to all who participated in spreading the word of what Carpet Racing is about!

If you are a FaceBook fan, become a fan to be the first to hear any latest news, and to view more pictures of behind the scenes and funny stories.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...3807297?ref=ts

Good luck at this years IIC - a true championship of the world!

Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default is there any women racing this year?

just wondering if there were any women racing this year and what class?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

There's a Kathy Davenport in 17.5 Rubber Sedan amateur. To my disappointment, no Vicky Carruba this year.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are there really only a handful of Foam TC entries?

I hear foam is not even ran at Fastcats anymore, when talking with JB from fastcats..

Has foam TC finally died?

I ask this as after watching the carpet racers trailer-- I am very eager to start racing again. WHICH way will i go with it? I have always kind of wanted to run rubber again- but went with the masses.

Wish i could make it to the IIC again this year, but being back in school sucks a lot of time. Missing the first week wouldnt be good

good luck to all of the racers.

Keith
Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

There's a Kathy Davenport in 17.5 Rubber Sedan amateur. To my disappointment, no Vicky Carruba this year.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Check again, Vicky is signed up and as far as I know is going.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Check again, Vicky is signed up and as far as I know is going.
No She wont be there this year. Her new job wont let her take off for a week this race and then again for Cleveland. And I know Cleveland is a must for her.

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Are there really only a handful of Foam TC entries?

I hear foam is not even ran at Fastcats anymore, when talking with JB from fastcats..

Has foam TC finally died?

I ask this as after watching the carpet racers trailer-- I am very eager to start racing again. WHICH way will i go with it? I have always kind of wanted to run rubber again- but went with the masses.

Wish i could make it to the IIC again this year, but being back in school sucks a lot of time. Missing the first week wouldnt be good

good luck to all of the racers.

Keith
Seems everyone is going back to rubber with TC with the new Jaco blue tires. Buy a set and run them for a month or longer on carpet. There are still a lot of foam guys but most are slowly switching over.

12th scale is where its at now!!!

EA
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

Seems everyone is going back to rubber with TC with the new Jaco blue tires. Buy a set and run them for a month or longer on carpet. There are still a lot of foam guys but most are slowly switching over.

EA
This is actually music to my ears.

You just sold me. I am buying a touring chassis this week, one way, or another.

Keith
Old 08-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
I agree with EA...I have never run rubber tires on carpet until earlier this summer, when OCRC opened an carpet track. With rubber tires, and everyone running Jaco Blues, I have noticed a shift in focus from 'wheel/insert/tire/compound' to driving and car setup; a shift into the right direction. Add to this, the fact that the tires perform the same run after run after run (at our track), and you have a much more cost effective class. It's brought a lot of the fun back to the rug for me....as for foams, it's still great to run foams with 12th scale!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.