Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
well, now that the pesky little reedy race is over, we can get down to business.

what will the race legnths be this year? are you going to 6 or keeping it at 5?
WOW!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

104 days till the race and 12 days till sign ups
Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So.......OCRC Raceway is where we're going to have the IIC Warm Up Race Scotty?? As you saw they opened this week and here's a video i just made with the XRAY T2 009 U.S. im reviewing for RCCA magazine. SoCal guys will definitely be fast at this years IIC!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kn7671
This is confusing.

Why would the IIC race stay a 5-min races for 1/10 in stead of ROAR '09 rules, when the IIC race for this year is pushing ROAR's rules by adopting LiPo 1-cell early?

Hi Thanks for the question.

This event is not a Roar Event or does it have anything to do with Roar.
our decision to run 1 Cell Lipo had nothing to do with Roar's announcement very coincidentally only a few days before our listing of the rules for this years event. This was in the works since last years IIC when we tested them at the event.

We will be running 5 min for all sedan classes and WGT and 8min for all 1/12th classes. There are 2 reasons for this.

1. Undo stress on the motors. Racers are all ready pushing the motors to the maximum right now in 5 min and to add another minute to this will only cause racers to push them beyond the limit and very possible become very costly to them.

2. Time- As Yeti stated, we want everyone to have a great time at the IIC and enjoy Las Vegas. With the amount of racers we have attending we will have around 40 or so heats and take about 6 to 7 hours a round. Add an extra min to these heats times 2 rounds a day will add around 1.5 hours to the day and take use even longer into the night. We don't want the racers to be there until 11pm each night. So these are the 2 main reason we will be staying at the 5 & 8 min times.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. I hope you will be able to join us

Thanks
Scotty
Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

thanks scotty.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cant wait scotty room and flight booked and time off from work. just waiting on sign ups to open
Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

nice
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scotty, I've just read the latest World GT Rules, and the dimensions for the rear of the bodywork have changed. It used to be that the rear cutline was 38mm from the top of the trunk lid, now it is 40mm from the ground. Can you confirm that the latest Rules will be used? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Hotel question

As long as I stay at the Riviera do I have to book my room through the hotel if I can find better rates for the Riviera elsewhere...like Orbitz for example?

This might turn out to be a week long family vacation too so I need to try to cut some cost. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You have to book using the event code so that Scotty gets credit for his block of rooms getting filled. I, too, drooled over the super cheap prices that are appearing everywhere...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i think im going to try and make it this year..
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
You have to book using the event code so that Scotty gets credit for his block of rooms getting filled. I, too, drooled over the super cheap prices that are appearing everywhere...
Ughhh!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
As long as I stay at the Riviera do I have to book my room through the hotel if I can find better rates for the Riviera elsewhere...like Orbitz for example?

This might turn out to be a week long family vacation too so I need to try to cut some cost. Thanks!
Man thoes are some freakishly low rates for the rooms on some of the travel sites.....some were 30 bucks a night....at that price I could almost aford to go but still dont have any vacation time for it.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
We definitely need to know for certain from Scotty if this is the case.

Are Scotty and the Riviera Hotel confirming that the rooms are booked directly through the Riviera using the IIC booking code against your race entry?

Are you not going to be able to race if you got your room booked through another source, say Orbitz, Expedia, etc..?

This little detail could mean the difference of lots of people not being able to afford coming to the IIC, especially when rooms from the Riviera are available at 1/2 the price Scotty posted, allowing the difference to be used to pay for race entry.

For instance, my wife plans to come down and join me from Thursday night through Sunday, but if I have to pay the "special" IIC 2009 room rate Scotty got, than it means I will probably not attend at all.

We've got 10-days left to have a "crystal" clear answer to this, as I know several people that have already booked rooms.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Hi Everyone,

I am glad you guys have started talking about this. When I set my contract last year with the hotel, the rate we got was the best they could offer us. As some people have suggested over the years, We don't have any extra juice added to the rate so we make money on the bookings. This is Vegas. A small time show like ours is just lucky we even get into these places.

The way this process works is that I am required to guarantee that we (our group) will fill X amount of hotel rooms nights during our stay. If we fall short of this amount of room nights we fill, I am on the hook for the money we were short. So you can do some quick math that if we are short by 100 rooms times our rate it is a devastating blow.
Times and the economy has only gotten worse since our contract signing last September and even Vegas is hurting for visitors.

That being said, I have been in negotiations for the past couple of weeks to get our rates reduced from what our contract states. This process continues and will still take some time.

So at this time, if you find a better rate, Book it, I want everyone to save as much as they can. What I will require you to do so I can go to the management of the hotel to try and get credit for your booking is, we will need all your booking info.

Site you booked it at
Name your booking is listed under
Confirmation or Reservation number.
Dates of your booking Check in and Check out.
and Price you paid per night.

I am hoping the hotel will give us credit for the rooms that everyone books outside our booking code.

Something to remember, the discounted rooms you get will most likely not be in the new renovated area of the hotel. but I know to most guys that does not matter

For those guys who have bookings already, please email me the info at
[email protected]

Thanks guys, this is going to be the best IIC yet.

Scotty

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 05-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.