2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Ok my friends, As promised all the info is up. I know I actually did it on time.

I am very excited for this years event and the classes we will have will ensure the best IIC ever.

As always if you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to answer them.

Let the count down begin and.

Let the good times ROLL!

See you at the IIC
Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

at the end when they showed the group of 12th scale a main drivers after that all i could think of was, jeez what are they zooming in on? good video scotty.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

interesting reading at http://iic09.com. I'm happy to see WGT isn't listed as a sedan class this year. What is expert wgt? Why were the classes split up? Over the past year WGT has had a fair amount of issue getting racer turnout with even one class.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

hanulec: I was involved in the planning stages of the WGT class last year. It was originated and conceived to offer racers who were tired of the complexity of touring cars a simple but extremely fun alternative to those cars. At first that is exactly what it was, but over the past year it has become the new Pro Class and with all the major chassis manufactures making WGT Cars I could envision this years IIC WGT class to be a A final full of Full Factory Team Drivers. So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship.

I hope you will be able to join us this year.

Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Any idea's on what the 17.5 handout motor will be? I assume Jaco Blues are the handout tire as well?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Great idea. Would love to see this idea applied to 1/12th scale 17.5/13.5.

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship.

I hope you will be able to join us this year.

Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Scotty..... I got shivers. Big Brother monitoring practice for seeding heats has been something I have suggested for years. I am glad to see that someone has the nuggets to make it so. I expect it will be nothing less then spectacular. I know that Slapmaster Crew will be hard at work from now to Sept.

Brian
Old 05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

SMOKE81: Yes the Amateur class will be brought to you by Speed Passion.

JRRC: Thank you, but I think you will see with changing to 1 cell for the pan classes you will not see many fully sponsored racers in the 17.5 classes.

SLAPMASTER: Thanks for the props. I think this will make for the best qualifying possible. My concern is not for the sponsored guys or extremely experienced drivers but more for the average racer that has to worry about getting out of the fast guys way all the time and then he cannot concentrate on doing the best he can. With this format, I hope to change that by really balancing out the heats.

thanks
Scotty
Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
So to get the WGT Class back to the class for the regular racer, I decided to make the Expert class. The Expert Class is for drivers with Chassis sponsorship. Scotty
So Scotty what do you consider to be a Chassis Sponsorhip IE: 100% or 50% type of Driver Just want to get things clear before singups.

See you in two weeks at Reedy
Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can't wait for this race. The qualifier seeding and lucky dog are great ideas and hope it catches on for other national events.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
So Scotty what do you consider to be a Chassis Sponsorhip IE: 100% or 50% type of Driver Just want to get things clear before singups.

See you in two weeks at Reedy

ARE THEY HAVING A SENORS DIVISION FOR GUYS LIKE TPCZX6 ??
Old 05-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Scotty awesome choice of classes. We have been running single cell 17.5 12th for awhile and its so much fun
Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there a definition on amateur somewhere?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am looking forward to my 5th year at this great event and I think the new classes are an awesome addition. Scotty and Crew just seem to out do themselves every year. The handout motors were awesome last year, but I think it is cool he kept that idea for at least the amateur class this year to help those guys out a little. I also like the idea of including one set of handout tires with entry in rubber.

If anyone reading this thread has not ever attended this race, but has always thought about it, don't think anymore. Just do it and you will not be disappointed at all!!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

ADAMGE:
AMATEUR-

This class is designed for the casual racer, regular guy who just loves this hobby, not professional, not semi pro, not 50% deal with whomever. Our goal is simple for this division. A fun class where everyone understands what it is designed for, The spirit of racing. So if you have a "sponsorship" of any kind from any industry company, or you have been sponsored in the past, we invite you to run 13.5, the Amateur class is not for you. If you do receive assistance, you obviously felt you were good enough of a racer to seek or inquire or accept an offer of support. If so congratulations for your accomplishments and we invite you to run some of the other classes we have to offer.

Sure are there going to be rumors of guys that are supported by somebody or getting special help, and I will check into these. I will be getting a list from all manufactures and teams who have any form of racer support and check this against the entry list for the class.

So my hope is that everyone that enters this class will do it in the spirit of it and it should make for one of the best classes at the IIC.

-Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.