Wiki Posts
Search

2009 "IIC" Las Vegas International Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any videos and pictures from WGT available?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

I have all the A mains accept 13.5 wtg and 13.5 foam tc I'm working on converting them and will post them tomorrow night to www.rc50.com

anybody have 13.5 foam tc "A" I would like to see drew pass me 3 times..... don't often get to see a race with me in it. if you have 13.5 foam tc "B" I would be even happier!! I didn't choke!!!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Kudos to all...

Kudos to the drivers I practiced and raced with in Amateur 17.5 and WGT 13.5. Was a remarkable driving experience for a BIG race.

Thanks to CRC for their on-site setup support to get my WGT converted from its asphalt to carpet setup during the week. The car handled beyond my expectations; but, I was still learning how to drive it effectively on the rug when the week came to an end. Saving the setup for next time...

Thanks to Corally drivers for all the setup input in the past. I was totally happy with my RDX Phi (old one) from the very start...Even though I had used it on asphalt with the same setup the week before. Special thanks to the Corally driver from Brazil who sold me a very cool aftermarket one-way assembly for my Phi...He later returned a $100 bill that I thought was a $20 in the exchange...Old age is my only excuse for that boo-boo...

Thanks to the TOP drivers for an entertaining week. Especially to the Three Wise Men that are entrenched in the ranks of TOP.

Thanks to the tech crew and Jim of ThunderPower who helped me with my one-time issue of overcharging a pack with my supposedly 8.44V certified charger. Yes, it's going back for recertification. Otherwise, a perfect job getting through tech and to all the racin' on time...a first for me.

Fun seeing Boomer, Yeti, Yang, EA, Rick, Mark, Barry Baker, Brian Kinwald, etc...But, certainly missed the many no shows that couldn't come this year.

Thanks Scotty and crew for putting on the show again...It is absolutely my fav event of the year.

Gettin' to bed early...to recover from my 'vacation'.

Still Bill
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Thanks to Scotty and the crew for a great time. I can speak for everyone from The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in that we had a blast. I'm sure we'll be back next year and probably on a few Tuesdays in between.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
I have all the A mains accept 13.5 wtg and 13.5 foam tc I'm working on converting them and will post them tomorrow night to www.rc50.com

anybody have 13.5 foam tc "A" I would like to see drew pass me 3 times..... don't often get to see a race with me in it. if you have 13.5 foam tc "B" I would be even happier!! I didn't choke!!!!!
nash, I would be interested if you have the 4th qual of wgt 13.5. specifically the a main heat. I think it was race 36 or 37
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer

Robert,

I have never seen anyone hold their breath for 5 minutes before...you should call Guiness. LMAO! While it is true you ran a good race and did not choke, you did wet yourself when he said you had won!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IIC was a great race..... I cant wait for next year.... Thanks again for putting on a great race and helping me injoy my 21 bday in vegas.....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Thanks to the tech crew and Jim of ThunderPower who helped me with my one-time issue of overcharging a pack with my supposedly 8.44V certified charger. Yes, it's going back for recertification. Otherwise, a perfect job getting through tech and to all the racin' on time...a first for me.
I've heard of some others having that problem. Apparently you can just turn the car on and hit the gas for a few seconds to bring it back down to spec. Mine only gets them up to about 8.42 (different charger) so I haven't had this problem yet.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Scotty, Charlie, Boomer, Jamie, and Crew,

You guys did a awesome Job !! I didnt hear one complaint the whole week.

Track was awesome, announcing (was so so) j/k charlie Great Job!!, tech guys were great, hobby store had everything you needed...etc...

Also cant forget the Sponsors the Goody bag was off the hook and the buffet dinner, and the Taco @ beer meet the sponsors was awesome!!

Scotty Thankyou for all your hard work in organizing this race. The racers definately appreciate it and for all that you give back to us.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

As one of the tech crew guys I want to thank you the racers! You guys made the event what it is, fun! Your patience going through the line, cooperation and preparation was very much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I have spent all day going through pictures and editing them. Total on Saturday: 789 pictures taken, 355 are going online. So many car shots that it was too much. For those wondering about 600 good shots out of 789, not bad. Lots of duplicates.

You can see them on my website Here

Thank you all for joining us for the 2009 IIC. It means alot to us to have all of you travel from all corners of the earth for our race. When we started this 5 years ago, our goal was to put on an event that racers could come to and win or lose, feel like they had an awesome time and that their money was well spent. We know there are a bunch of quality events held each year and with the economy being what it is, we are humbled that you have chosen the International indoor championship as one of your "must attend" events.

For those of you who did not join us, we hope you have heard some stories from this year that make you want to give our event a try next year and we hope that you followed along online on LiveRC.com.

I would also like to thanks all of the team this year as this was our best team yet. Thanks to Jamie "the final word" Tennies. Charlie "drunk dialer" Suangka, Brandon "LiveRC" Rhode, Jeff Chesney, Jeremy Albrecht, Gary "Grey Goose" Anderson, Kraig O'Brien, Josh Rehburg, Keith and Billie Joe Daugherty, Monica,Jacob and David Blundon.

Time to get back to normal life for a couple weeks before the wheels go in motion again.

Hope to see you at the races
Boomer
Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
(...)

Special thanks to the Corally driver from Brazil who sold me a very cool aftermarket one-way assembly for my Phi...He later returned a $100 bill that I thought was a $20 in the exchange...Old age is my only excuse for that boo-boo...
(...)

Still Bill
hahaha! Fortunatelly I noticed the extra money when I took my wallet to pay for a servo at the hobbyshop, it was USd145 and I quickly got the folded bills I got from you and then found out that there was a 100 dollars bill instead of 20 !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway i would find it out sometime and this case Paypal would solve the problem
Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Well I have spent all day going through pictures and editing them. Total on Saturday: 789 pictures taken, 355 are going online. So many car shots that it was too much. For those wondering about 600 good shots out of 789, not bad. Lots of duplicates.

Boomer
Another great set of pictures Jeff, lots of work I'm sure. I know I would never want to do it. Same issue though as what I sent you in the previous PM.

Seriously, thanks to all the great photographers out there.

Steve
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer

You can see them on my website Here

Thank you all for joining us for the 2009 IIC. It means alot to us to have all of you travel from all corners of the earth for our race. When we started this 5 years ago, our goal was to put on an event that racers could come to and win or lose, feel like they had an awesome time and that their money was well spent. We know there are a bunch of quality events held each year and with the economy being what it is, we are humbled that you have chosen the International indoor championship as one of your "must attend" events.

For those of you who did not join us, we hope you have heard some stories from this year that make you want to give our event a try next year and we hope that you followed along online on LiveRC.com.

I would also like to thanks all of the team this year as this was our best team yet. Thanks to Jamie "the final word" Tennies. Charlie "drunk dialer" Suangka, Brandon "LiveRC" Rhode, Jeff Chesney, Jeremy Albrecht, Gary "Grey Goose" Anderson, Kraig O'Brien, Josh Rehburg, Keith and Billie Joe Daugherty, Monica,Jacob and David Blundon.

Time to get back to normal life for a couple weeks before the wheels go in motion again.

Hope to see you at the races
Boomer
LOL that's too funny...you got my manager and his family in the pics and they were there only to see me race very cool...great pics!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
Robert,

I have never seen anyone hold their breath for 5 minutes before...you should call Guiness. LMAO! While it is true you ran a good race and did not choke, you did wet yourself when he said you had won!
thanks I think... I even waited when I peeled Steve so I feel good about that race. i just want to make sure that I couldn't of just run off and marked it up to a racing incident. I do have to thank steve for turning in on the short straight 2' early and taking himself out of the running.

oh and on that note sorry to odus for the questional inside pass in the "A" main I tried to pull a fillipow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.