R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #1591
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks for putting on another great year of IIC...It was fun, but I am tired.
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #1592
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know I had a great time. Scotty and Charlie on the mic -- the rest of the IIC crew running the race -- simply amazing. Thanks to Mike Haynes, the RC Excitement "manpile" and Larry Fairtrace for their assistance and comedy this weekend.

Randy Pike - it was good meeting you - thanks for the help w/ my Tekin in Amateur
Bruce - my Rev 5L was the best handling 1/12th scale I've ever driven - thank you.

I look forward to stepping up to a new challenge at next year's IIC. Vegas Baby, Vegas!
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life

Last edited by hanulec; 09-14-2009 at 05:11 AM.
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #1593
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scottty and crew...Thanks for putting on a fabulous event will definitely re-attend next year. To all the Top crew...EJ., Micheal, Vincent, Juan, Larry thanks for all the support. Randy Pike thanks as well for the speedo help and to all the international racers that came. Luke, Andy the Dutch guys ( sry forgot your names) you guys a riot. See you all next year! Oh yea I'm still here...lol!
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #1594
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks to Scotty and all the crew for putting on the best race I've been to. Everything ran right on schedule and the track was unbelievable.

Can't wait till next year.
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ Team Powers USA
TQ Wire ~ ProtoForm ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #1595
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Rubber!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Video Credit: Art Scrimo
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #1596
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks art for the videos
Hotbodies-HPI Racing- Hara Products-Team Fantom Driver-True RC-Rc Hobby and Track
RLMW VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #1597
Tech Champion

Syndrome you didn't happen to get 1/12th modified...I really wanted to watch that but really needed food more at that point.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #1598
Tech Regular

Once again a great job done by Scotty, Jamie, Boomer, Charlie and the rest of the guys! Great event as always!!!

Charlie, Ya it is safe to say you had a good time sat.nite!!! I know I did! Thanks Simon!!!
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #1599
Tech Regular

12th NEW ESC wins 13.5 & 17.5

the new Advanced Electronics speedo from Sweden is the one to have, it won both 17.5 and 13.5 classes!
any links or pics of this baby???
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #1600
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

adam/art; thanks for posting the vids.

great job by the colorado crew! nice to see some locals making the a-main and up on you-tube in one of the largest races of the year.

guess i'll have to cut back on my smack talking for a couple weeks....

glad to hear everyone had a blast.
The Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #1601
Tech Apprentice

Where can we find the tech chart of all the A main?

*LAF Painting*
february is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #1602
Tech Addict

Hey Scotty;

I meant to say “Goodbye, Thanks for everything!” before I flew out of Vegas sat night – however there was a sportsbar @ the Riviera callin’ my name. It had the Richmond Cup race on a big screen….. oops.

Just want to extend a big “thanks and congratulations” to you and your team for putting on another amazing event. They seem to just get better every year. It certainly lived up to the “International” billing with so may racers from overseas.

Thanks to my friend Jack @ JACO/SMC for your continued support of this event.

It was great to see r/c racing promoter extraordinair Mike Boylan in attendance checkin' things out - not to mentions a couple of r/c legends like Barry Baker and Tony Neisinger who came out of retirement for the IIC. (no rust there either - lol )

“CONGRATULATIONS” to all the IIC racers who TQ’ed, won an A-Main or even ended up on the podium. You all deserved it.

See you all in 2010. Scotty - you and the boys take a few days off and just relaaaaaax.

Dale Epp – Protoform Race Bodies

Last edited by daleepp; 09-14-2009 at 11:45 AM.
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #1603
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks to Scotty and crew for a very well run race.
oldrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #1604
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Scotty, Boomer, Charlie, Jamie, and the rest of the IIC crew,

Thank you so much for all the FUN! We had a blast and hope to do better next year! You guys sure know how to throw a party!

Art, Kathy, and James

P.S. the tables were merciless. LOL
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #1605
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Scotty & Crew: What a great venue! I have huge respect for what you have pulled off. That level of professionalism needs to be experienced by all!

Here's a bit of the Slapmaster recap:

I am back home, but that doesn't mean that I am all here! I've got to say that Rewp "TQ's" the post race parties. What a driven individual. That was an awesome time. I am sure the flashbacks will have me grinning for a while.

I showed up late (Tue morning) at 8:30am, Brandon picked me up from the airport and I was turning laps by 9:40a but after I had already missed my 2 12th scale runs. Dave was running well and was soon dub'ed the control element on the Slapmaster Team. I would test various electronic and set up changes to see if there were any improvements. I was personally working on 5 cars at the event and handed Dave the keys to two of them. At one point, there was a "meeting" from Scotty about pulling DE from the 17.5 12th scale class along with a few other of the CRC drivers for going too fast. In the future, assisted drivers will be declined from the 17.5 type classes. But for now, it was "on"!

Dave started off great 17.5 in R1 with a P2 time when about 3/4's of the way through the run, the sensor wire went bad at the esc. I chose to go with some serious esc software changes searching for an advantage. It didn't work out as I nearly turned my stock motor into a soldering iron. For R2, Dave tried one of Brian Wynn's motors, a Duo2. We went a tiny bit conservative as we needed a good run to remain higher in the resort. We both put together B efforts, Dave's wasn't very quick and mine was horribly under geared. Dave's 13.5 car was pretty good and remained in the A heat. My 13.5 was also reasonable, but need to be a bit more stable better power. My wgt was very quick, but needed some chassis work. With several conversations with the CRC Team, it was quickly getting sorted out.

We put DE's original motor from R1 back in for R3 and he improved to 4th on the grid. After abandoning the esc settings on my stock ride, I went to DE's settings. This is where I should have gone with my gut hunch as it turned out it would have been the right place to go. Instead, my motor possessed the same pattern as DE's. It started off fast and would get some straight-a-way fade. We had changed to CRC tires for Dave's R3 in 13.5 which proved a great move, shaving off a tenth or two in his run moving him into the R4 A heat. For the next run, all 4 cars had CRC tires on them. Dave had a great car in R4 of stock with a P2 run going. A tiny line correction rubbed a board and in a blink, it erased the 6 tenths needed for 2nd on the grid for Saturday's A Main. With 2nd through 4th all with 8:04, Dave's was at the tail end. The Slapmaster chassis was certainly getting some attention now. Many of the manufacturers were dropping by to see the car. My R4's were the best of my efforts but still not good enough for the show. I wound up 13 & 14th. My R3 effort in wgt was best and I was quite annoyed the heat was over. I just wanted to keep driving to the battery quit.

After some Friday night prep and more Saturday, I was hoping for perfection in the mains. Not so for my stock ride. The car had way too much steering and I could not adjust to it. I still took 4th, not sure how. It really was not enjoyable to drive and an autopsy should reveal why. My driving for the B Main of 13.5 was some of the worst concentration this year. I was so disappointed that I never even looked at the results. Fortunately, the wgt car redeemed my confidence as I took a 5th placed starting position and quickly turned it into 4th. I picked off 3rd with a nice pass and started to gain on the leaders. 2nd disappeared somewhere over taking traffic. I was catching the leader by a couple of tenths per lap and ran out of time about 4 feet behind for a 2nd place.

I was so excited to have Dave in two A Mains with the MS3L. It was pointed out that we were the only t-bar cars in the main! With the un-obtainable esc the CRC Team had, a 2nd place in the stock A Main would have been a victory in our minds. Brian Wynn's pole spot payed off as there was some shuffling in the middle. Dave was able to capitalize on some 2nd & 3rd contact sportsmanship waiting and passed them both to run 2nd. He built up a straight & sweeper lead and was holding it till the dreaded fade. At 6 minutes, the gap narrowed to a straight. Then to a 3/4 straight at 6:45. Just then, Dave came up on some traffic that he needed desperately get past quickly. The traffic tangled and Dave tapped one and had to make a correction which messed up the mojo. Dave quickly got passed by the 3rd place car with this incident. Half a lap later, he got passed again dropping to 4th. Dave put some pressure the 3rd car at the end of the sweeper and tapped him. He pulled up in a sportsman wait and finished the race just behind him in 4th. It was a fantastic effort and by far the best showing for the car in it's history!

Dave's 13.5 run from 9th on the grid started off very smart. Everyone was quite calm and cautious. Dave started moving up the pack and then would get caught up and then move back. The race ended where Dave started, in 9th spot.

I know that everyone is now wondering if I am going to produce some cars for the rest. There is an excellent chance that I will produce a local batch of cars at this time. Dave and I need to have a little debrief and assess some concerns with the design. I learned a lot over the trip. It will be applied the chassis in the future. I am never interested in producing a B+ car. In fact, I am quite impressed how we did. Dave did a great job and showed just how good a little garage company out of Edmonds, Washington can do against some of the biggest companies on the planet. I can honestly say that we missed the boat with the electronic set up. I would love to have a "do over" at this time, but I could not go another week at that pace in LV. I was a complete zombie yesterday.

Thanks for all the support!

Stay dialed my friends!
Team Roche USA
Team Orca orcharc.com
Slapmaster6000 is offline   Reply With Quote