Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12 scale Major Event >

1/12 scale Major Event

1/12 scale Major Event

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/12 scale Major Event

With the 1/12 scale Euros going on right now it makes me think...

Why coudn't we (USA) put togather a 1/12 scale only major event? I remember when 1/12 scale was the only option back in the 80's and 90's where if you went to Cleveland you had 500-600 entries running 1/12 scale alone to compete against! You talk about close competition in both stock and modified. If you made the show at one of those events you were certainly the cream of the crop!

Just a thought.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cleveland seems the most natural to become the big all-12th race, and I think it would make that race better.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it this morning. It would be a GREAT idea for the USA. 1/12th scale is having the biggest turnouts at the big races lately.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

being one who's always preferred 1/12th, I'd like nothing better than a big well attended 1/12th race like we had in cleveland in the years before the sedan thing came along. Since then, the participation has been diluted between more classes and that's only to be expected. in those days of 1/12th only, the mains went from A thru N, O, P, or beyond. And it was great. There was only stock and mod 1/12th and qualifying for the A main at such events was a really HUGE accomplishment. It's still big and still something to be really proud of, but if there were 150 or more in each division instead of just 30 or 40,.....now that would really bring back the meaning and the intensity. I'd love to see it happen.