Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Hello Everyone,

The new Yokomo BD-5 will be available late March/early April. I will have details of the new car very soon.

I am also please to announce along with this new car, a entirely new business entity that will take over distribution of Yokomo products in the US, Yokomo America. Yokomo Japan has just confirmed our distribution rights of their products here in the US, and we will be supporting all the new vehicles that are currently available, including this newly announced BD-5 touring car.

We are still in the early stages of setting up, but we should be fully operational by mid-March. And we will be taking pre-orders on this new car once we get our e-commerce site fully operational.

Some of you might recognize my name in association as the owner my previous business (Speed Tech R/C) and it is through our great relationship with Yokomo Japan from my previous business that they have entrusted me with now distribution of Yokomo products for the US market. I look forward to serving needs of loyal and new Yokomo customers.

I will be posting details of the new BD-5 shortly. Thanks everyone.

Sincerely,

Steve Wang
Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Woah!! I know the details are soon to follow, but will this car work on the asphalt scene, now that the outdoor racing season is starting for a lot of other parts of the country?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi HarryN,

Yes, it certainly will. In fact, if anything, this car was developed on asphalt surface (Yokomo's home track and one of the best R/C facility in the world, Yatabe Arena is an asphalt track) and 95% of the tracks in Japan are asphalt as well. However, as we get towards the fall/winter of 2009, I'm certain we will see components geared towards winter carpet racing as well.

Steve
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YokomoAmerica
Hi HarryN,

Yes, it certainly will. In fact, if anything, this car was developed on asphalt surface (Yokomo's home track and one of the best R/C facility in the world, Yatabe Arena is an asphalt track) and 95% of the tracks in Japan are asphalt as well. However, as we get towards the fall/winter of 2009, I'm certain we will see components geared towards winter carpet racing as well.

Steve

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/news/o...090226_bd5.pdf

I just found this link on the new car, but the article is in Japanese.

All I can say is, it is nice to see a brand I remembered a long while ago (when I was active in R/C before my first hiatus) make a scene again. Yokomo was synonymous with quality engineering and products back when I remember.

I am anxious to see more details, in English, Mr. Wang! And thank you for the new thread to keep everyone updated about the new car.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I can certainly translate some of that and provide a bit more details about the car in a little bit and post on here.

Yokomo has always delivered high-quality, top notch racing chassis from as long as I can remember back into the YR-4 days, and this new BD-5 is no different. Absolutely no compromise on the quality in effort to offer a great racing platform. Personally, Yokomo was a brand that allow me to build my first business and I have great sentimental feeling towards the brand, and I truly admire the owner and his approach to business. When the opportunity came to provide a better distribution for his product here in the US, I offered my service to him right away.

I believe the link you have is correct, but the picture you found is unfortunately the older BD-M. I will have more details of the car to come soon (trying to square away the floods of PM I'm getting right now)

Steve

Originally Posted by HarryN

I just found this link on the new car, but the article is in Japanese.

All I can say is, it is nice to see a brand I remembered a long while ago (when I was active in R/C before my first hiatus) make a scene again. Yokomo was synonymous with quality engineering and products back when I remember.

I am anxious to see more details, in English, Mr. Wang! And thank you for the new thread to keep everyone updated about the new car.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Please say it ain't soo!! I thought I was trying to stay out of touring/rc racing, but now I see this! Not good! Not Good!!

Good to see you again Steve!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

One last question before you release further details: will you guys be offering the SILVER carbon fiber chassis, top deck, front and rear shock towers with this new car? That is one thing I remembered about your cars as well.

Last edited by HarryN; 02-26-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any idea what the street price will be? I'll be in the car market this spring...

Also is the PDF do I see TC5 style sway bar mounts??
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Please say it ain't soo!! I thought I was trying to stay out of touring/rc racing, but now I see this! Not good! Not Good!!

JimmyMac!!! Good to see you're still around...well, with this new car...you just might have to come back and race with us. Hope all is going well

Steve
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice to see your staying busy STEVE !!! .. Good looking car in the pic .. BD5 should be nothing less then an awesome car .. I still have my MR4tc ,from the good old day's ...
Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Welcome back to the on-road side of things Steve! I know- Yokomo does off road too

Sounds like a great venture. I wish you continued success!

Mike
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would be buying one as soon as it comes out.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac

on-road is like the mafia.. you think you're out.. but THEY PULL YOU BACK IN!

welcome back steve!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
on-road is like the mafia.. you think you're out.. but THEY PULL YOU BACK IN!

welcome back steve!
I'm trying to get away from cars and into heli's. But this has to happen....

This just sucks arse!! I'm partial to Tamiya AND I'm partial to Yokomo! Fudgesticks!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GCT69
I would be buying one as soon as it comes out.
+1

I wonder if this car "optimized" for LiPo battery useage or will we need to purchase items to allow LiPo batteries to fit. Reason is because NiMH is now starting to fade away and LiPo (and soon, A123 cells) are going to be dominating the scene later this year and the years to follow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.