New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Ordered BD5 through HobbyHaven on Friday, hopefully I will receive it by Tuesday

Anyone have a build tips for the BD5?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Finally, i hv a setup that work for me...i tested it for both nite, sat and sunday.... work very good for me..

i change from 40wt shock oil to harder shock oil. Although at first i thought changing to thicker shock oil will make d car sluggish/slow response, but it's work better for me. i change the front spring from Hpi gold to hpi pink and maintain the hpi silver at rear. With the combination of softer spring and harder shock damping(oil), i feel it's quite nice to drive(in my own opinion). i change the rear arm to Graphite 39.5, d rear feel more calm..alittle bit quicker in infield corner.....Front camber i increase to -1.5 while rear i reduce to -0.5...The steering is lots till i need to reduce my steering curve -30%. ..

My friend tried my car, he said tons of steering and controllable but lack of power punch.....

i think Orca Vritra esc is d way to go now....

Thanks guys for your setup tips/ references....
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-121009.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kschu
i think Orca Vritra esc is d way to go now....

Thanks guys for your setup tips/ references....
I saw you are using Vortex at the moment, do you think Orca is better than Vortex?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
I saw you are using Vortex at the moment, do you think Orca is better than Vortex?
actually, i feel d vortex race punch alittle bit lower than orca....and also the setting need to connect to laptop in-order to change....so it's a bit troublesome for me as i need to borrow the cable from friends to do that....while Orca u can direct connect to the control box and do everything in short times....
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

actually, i feel d vortex race punch alittle bit lower than orca....and also the setting need to connect to laptop in-order to change....so it's a bit troublesome for me as i need to borrow the cable from friends to do that....while Orca u can direct connect to the control box and do everything in short times....
Where can I buy the ORCA esc? I never see one in Jakarta.

Checked DHL tracking and its already with delvery courier. Can't wait to try my BD5.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by -rv-
Where can I buy the ORCA esc? I never see one in Jakarta.

Checked DHL tracking and its already with delvery courier. Can't wait to try my BD5.
u can check with elwyn @hobby haven...

he can help u out on this....
Old 10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Initiate

u can check with elwyn @hobby haven...

he can help u out on this....
Nice, I got my BD5 from HobbyHaven. Fast shipping....
I might get the ESC when I order for BD5 parts.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The ORCA is an awesome esc. I love mine. What class you running -rv-?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
The ORCA is an awesome esc. I love mine. What class you running -rv-?
Stock, LiPo + 11.5 on outdoor asphalt.

Well, I haven't race yet. Just bought an 009 but parts is sucks here then bought a BD5.

Will join few exhibition race end of this year and next year will join the national series. Any input will be great.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

BD5 finally arrived.

Thanks Elwyn for fast shipping. Getting parts from Malaysia is definitely faster than order parts from LHS in Jakarta
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

If you get an ORCA, go to the ORCA thread in the Malaysian forums here on RCTech. They can give you some starting setups for 11.5. I race 17.5 and just did some 13.5 testing. So it would be hard for me to give you some tips on 11.5. But 11.5 is what they race in Malaysia.

Yeah, Elwyn and HobbyHaven are awesome. Great service and fast shipping. Can't go wrong with them.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey Martin and JimmyMac and everyone. WHat is wrong with the Yokomo Springs. Why is everyone running HPI springs?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Nothing really. I usually use Pink/Pink combo for asphalt. I know Tamiya mod racers use HPI springs as well. They've been around awhile and have been proven to work under certain conditions. So it's easier to resort back to them and work on other aspects of tuning.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Nothing really. I usually use Pink/Pink combo for asphalt. I know Tamiya mod racers use HPI springs as well. They've been around awhile and have been proven to work under certain conditions. So it's easier to resort back to them and work on other aspects of tuning.
Jimmy uses them because he likes pink. In support of breast cancer awareness, of course. Seriously Jimmy, when is Yokomo going to sponsor you. NO ONE talks up their products like you do and you are certainly a great representative for the company. ARE YOU LISTENING YOKOMO???
Your car looked good Saturday. Its a good thing you didn't have any more time to tweak your setup or we would have been in big trouble. You were coming on strong throughout the day.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fpart
Hey Martin and JimmyMac and everyone. WHat is wrong with the Yokomo Springs. Why is everyone running HPI springs?
nothing wrong wit yokomo spring,

i only feel d hpi hv better rebound on asphalt ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.