New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
Some o e mentioned that you have to file the back of c hub to get full travel
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
In the amended instructions (incl. with the new DCJ cvds) it states you must chamfer the inside edges of the c-hub.

Once done, you should be able to get full lock and the DCJ wont touch the c-hub at full lock.

Also, make sure you take apart the DCJ (as they are assembled) and grease up using Yokomo High Protect Grease or similar and loctite the grub screws when reassembling.

HTH.

Leonard.
thanks guys! I asked Hobby Haven to ship the kit without the instructions so I won't have too many problems with duties. In any case, thanks for explaining, I rebuilt the knuckles like 5 times each side trying to figure out what i did wrong! Will be doing a test run of my car today, hope all goes well!

Thanks again!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SammyZ
i ordered it...ill let you guys know what i think of it compared to the OEM chassis
Was going to order a new worlds chassis but now thinking of this instead,feedback would be good.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I just finished putting together my new WXC kit. It was awesome. The DCJ's look good. I thought I was upset when the rear cvd seemed to be just the steel ones. But it looks like it may be made out of some sort of spring steel. I think it is a must for BD5 owners also if it is truly spring steel.

I also noticed that it seems Volker seems to be using the same chassis at teh carpet ets race in Italy this weekend. I thought this chassis was really for low grip tracks. Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart
I just finished putting together my new WXC kit. It was awesome. The DCJ's look good. I thought I was upset when the rear cvd seemed to be just the steel ones. But it looks like it may be made out of some sort of spring steel. I think it is a must for BD5 owners also if it is truly spring steel.

I also noticed that it seems Volker seems to be using the same chassis at teh carpet ets race in Italy this weekend. I thought this chassis was really for low grip tracks. Can anyone confirm?
wx lowerdeck is more suitable for low traction track.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart

the rear CVD set is the original old yokomo steel.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Who has the GT500-R kits in stock?

http://www.teamyokomo.com/gt/lineup/gt5_r/gt5_r.html
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Just broke one of my DCJ's last night. anyone had better luck? They were well lubricated and were thread locked tight. Running 13.5 with boost, spool up front and the 2 halves separated destroying my c-hub and my knuckle. No hard crashes...

Honestly am quite disappointed with them, it's the 2nd time I run my WXi and this has to happen just before TITC.

Any good alternatives to the Yokomo DCJ's?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Just broke one of my DCJ's last night. anyone had better luck? They were well lubricated and were thread locked tight. Running 13.5 with boost, spool up front and the 2 halves separated destroying my c-hub and my knuckle. No hard crashes...

Honestly am quite disappointed with them, it's the 2nd time I run my WXi and this has to happen just before TITC.

Ive been using the version 2 Spec-R DCJ'S and they have been great so far
Old 01-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
agree. have also been running the version 2 of the specr for some races now in modified 4.5T. they start being a little bit sloppy now after some 40 batteries run with them .so far no problem at all.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Not sure what happened. But I have had the Yokomo DCJ for awhile now - over 30 runs worth with no wear or damage in sight (running 4.5t). I rebuild mine every 3-5 runs. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
maybe I should give them a look. Will order a set. Do they use the same bearings the Yok DCJ's use?

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Not sure what happened. But I have had the Yokomo DCJ for awhile now - over 30 runs worth with no wear or damage in sight (running 4.5t). I rebuild mine every 3-5 runs. Hope you get it sorted soon.
I run around ten packs per track day, so 2 days worth of track days = 20 runs without a rebuild... DOH! Took it for granted that you need to rebuild these. Should once per track day be enough? Will order another set and see how it goes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

just sold my s411, and looking at getting the bd5wxc kit, is this the newest kit, and comes with the djc, and a high grip chassis correct, also how are parts to get in north america, and is this car any better then an xray2012 or the s411, anyone run these cars and can compare thanks any and all info would be great thanks
Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Driftspeed carries Yokomo parts in the US. He'll be taking pre-orders for kits as well...

http://www.driftspeed.com/index.php?...s&news_id=1108
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

is the DCJ hitting the c-hub when full lock steering ?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zaraz
just sold my s411, and looking at getting the bd5wxc kit, is this the newest kit, and comes with the djc, and a high grip chassis correct, also how are parts to get in north america, and is this car any better then an xray2012 or the s411, anyone run these cars and can compare thanks any and all info would be great thanks
u running on carpet or asphalt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.