New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastolfart
altreyx
No problem with your english.
I mainly want to narrow the track to get more grip on our slippery tracks here, so going the other way is not the plan. I still have some parts left over from my BD's so what you have done would be easy.
Most cars chatter around corners with a spool in them.
But i have noticed that defcone's car behaves like mine with the chatter, though I usually use a less powerful motor and the cars become unpredictable, hard to do consistent laps.

defcone,
I dont think that the slop you say you have is any worse than a new kit. Of the 2 brand new BD5's I have bought, both are like tamiya's with the slop in the ball cups, suspension arm pivots and axle bearings straight out of the boxes.

Looks like the hexs are a part that are available to the factory guys and not to guys who support their efforts.
Might have to machine a set down the way its looking, more custom made parts that other manufactures offer off the shelf.

I might have to bite the bullet and take the massive loss of money and sell both of my cars soon, so watch out for the specials.
I don't really get what people say when they say their car is inconsistent. About the car not handling spectacular would have also been me not really knowing how to set up my car perfectly as I have been racing for just under a year.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

you can get the Yokomo 4mm wheel hex..i ever saw it on market before..maybe elwyn have stock, pls send him a PM..

about the ball cup have slop, pls use fire lighter and warm the ball cup, then press the ball cup toward a hard surface to make d ball cup become oval shape...this will remove all d slop u have...make sure don't over do it...

please put some black grease or a drop of WD-40 to the Ujoint before each run, it's will reduce the chattering...

just my 2 cents mate...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yokomo BD5 World Spec.

Multiple Winning 1/10 EP Touring car. IS HERE...

For more info, Please visit us @ H² Online
Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elwyn Lee
Yokomo BD5 World Spec.

Multiple Winning 1/10 EP Touring car. IS HERE...

For more info, Please visit us @ H² Online
Any idea how much the conversion kit will be?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

BD5W
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-photo0067.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-photo0069.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-photo0070.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Elwyn,

Just e-mailed you about price and delivery of one. Plus a spares list, so i can order those at the same time.

Very Happy to hear it's out
Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fastolfart
altreyx
No problem with your english.
I mainly want to narrow the track to get more grip on our slippery tracks here, so going the other way is not the plan. I still have some parts left over from my BD's so what you have done would be easy.
Most cars chatter around corners with a spool in them.
But i have noticed that defcone's car behaves like mine with the chatter, though I usually use a less powerful motor and the cars become unpredictable, hard to do consistent laps.

defcone,
I dont think that the slop you say you have is any worse than a new kit. Of the 2 brand new BD5's I have bought, both are like tamiya's with the slop in the ball cups, suspension arm pivots and axle bearings straight out of the boxes.

Looks like the hexs are a part that are available to the factory guys and not to guys who support their efforts.
Might have to machine a set down the way its looking, more custom made parts that other manufactures offer off the shelf.

I might have to bite the bullet and take the massive loss of money and sell both of my cars soon, so watch out for the specials.
Hi mate, just use #ZS-011N if you still have some left over from your old bd.
cheers.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

WOW how much rear toe has that thing got, like 5deg.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
BD5W
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crabboy
WOW how much rear toe has that thing got, like 5deg.

Rhys
what the kit comes with, 3.5
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

ROCHE New Option Parts

Carbon Steering Brace for BD5
- Made from 2.5mm carbon graphite, the steering Brace will give the front end a little more flex than the standard alloy steering steering and this will added a little bit more steering to the car.

Carbon Wing Holder Plate
- The Carbon wing plate holder is design to be use on wing installation for every Touring car. It will provides additional support to the wing mount to maintain the structure of the wing in the event of a crash.

ETA is around Mid May 2010.
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-steering-brace.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-steering-brace-2.jpg   New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-wing-holder.jpg  
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default center link

Hi someone can tell me that is noticed in the car when I add a 1mm washer center link or if it remains at 0mm thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
BD5W
which car is better for onroad the world spec or the bd5e? im looking to buy one so i want the one that works better i have a bdm and i love it
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KoolRC
which car is better for onroad the world spec or the bd5e? im looking to buy one so i want the one that works better i have a bdm and i love it
If you use the LiPo the BD5W is the "top".
I had before a BD and the BD5 is really a step ahead...so if you have the possibility...buy the BD5 World Spec without doubts.

Ciao!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by altreyx
I had before a BD and the BD5 is really a step ahead...so if you have the possibility...buy the BD5 World Spec without doubts.
+1
Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by altreyx

Ciao!
thanks man im really looking forward to getting soon! i love yokomo thats my ride

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.