R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree14Likes

Old 11-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #646
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow! Very nice chassis! Someone is going to be extremly lucky. I would make it a shelf queen for life 😂
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #647
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

Really hoping this thread is still alive. I recently bought an F201 on eBay for a cheap price, bur the front gear case is cracked where the wishbones join to the car. It can be repaired but it looks horrible. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell? I live in the UK. Any information on where to get one would be awsome. TIA
Obinug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:33 AM   #648
Tech Master

Check ebay in UK. There are lots of parts available.
I may have your part... not sure either (need photo). Check ebay and if they don't have your part then contact me.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:23 AM   #649
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Check ebay in UK. There are lots of parts available.
I may have your part... not sure either (need photo). Check ebay and if they don't have your part then contact me.
Thanks for the reponse dude. I keep checking back on eBay but the B parts never seem to pop up. I found a guy over on TamiyaClub whos shipping me one from Germany.

I don't suppose you know anywhere that still stocks the Speed passion bodys do you? I want a modern looking shell but the protoform i bought is to shallow on the back and doesnt sit properly without cutting away most of the back
Old 02-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #650
Tech Champion

I'll look to see if I have any old stock left over.
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #651
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I'll look to see if I have any old stock left over.
Thanks dude, let me know if you have any luck
Old 02-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #652
Tech Champion

Sorry...I've been in training all this week and don't get home till late. We're done on Thursday but I'll try to get to it before then if I can.

Win free stuff!
Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #653
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Sorry...I've been in training all this week and don't get home till late. We're done on Thursday but I'll try to get to it before then if I can.
Not a problem pal, theres no rush 😊 Whenever you have a spare couple of minutes
Old 02-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #654
Tech Champion

I was able to check this morning. I don't have the gearboxes any longer. I do have the reinforced arm set which added braces across the gearbox to help prevent it from breaking. If you don't have those I'd suggest getting them or making some on your own. They are pretty easy to make, just use a longer screw to hold the arm on and cut a piece of scrap carbon fiber to go across the gear case and drill holes for the arm screws to go through.

Win free stuff!
Old 02-16-2017, 03:42 AM   #655
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I was able to check this morning. I don't have the gearboxes any longer. I do have the reinforced arm set which added braces across the gearbox to help prevent it from breaking. If you don't have those I'd suggest getting them or making some on your own. They are pretty easy to make, just use a longer screw to hold the arm on and cut a piece of scrap carbon fiber to go across the gear case and drill holes for the arm screws to go through.
Ok, no problem. Thank you for looking though dude.

I know the part your talking about, when i first bought the car it had snapped, so i cut a new piece from some perspex that i had in the garage. Im guessingg the damage to that happened at the same time as the gearbox
Old 02-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #656
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

I may have some sitting at home. Can check over the weekend. But postage may be expensive
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #657
Tech Rookie

I've finally purchased a 3D printer and decided to start making my own replacement/upgrade parts. This was mainly to have spares/backups for the rear gear case because the rocker arms and A arm mounting holes have cracked. It was also to design a rear wing mount that can readily accept f103/f104 rear wings.

Since I'm using my custom lexan flex-chassis instead of the tamiya base plate, I needed mounting spacers so I decided to design and print a diffuser with built in mounts.

Alternate double diffuser:

F1 2017 season style low wide rear wing and wider stance (back to original f201 track width). The tamiya upper-deck actually looks pretty cool on the lexan plate. This tamiya deck is warped in a few places unfortunately.

Replacing Tamiya upper-deck with 3D printed spur gear holder and spare carbon/lexan plates.

PLA probably can't handle the heat of the motor plus the surface vibrations. We'll see how it holds up in the rear world. It might get soft or melt!

Custom Mclaren-Honda MP4-31 Enkei wheels:

Some more advance parts but very crude and requires lots of post production. Print orientation also determines rigidity so printing flat against the plate means the printed part is strong but fused to the base and can warp due to rapid cooling. Printed vertically allows for fine detail but structurally flimsy.

Still, it looks pretty nice. My print bed can't print much bigger than this. I either have to print with the wing going diagonally or print two halves and attach with a lexan center board.

Since the PLA material is really only for rapid prototyping, I eventually want to learn how to use green sand and molten aluminum and make an alloy gear case. I'm also thinking of designing new A arms that are more modern and use the extra pivot joint to connect the A arm to the hub like the FGX rear suspension and the new F1 2017 suspensions some teams are using. This is about all I could finish during winter development. More to come through the season
badmotor, Tizer, wtcc and 3 others like this.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #658
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

^^

let me know when you are taking orders!!

Seriously.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #659
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome job!!!
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #660
Tech Master

I love your parts!
Good idea to print your parts yourself. I hope this pla will take the forces, but I don't think it will be tough enough.
Nevertheless, now you have the data and can order strong prints. Cool work 👍🏻
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote