Search
Like Tree80Likes

Tamiya F201

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
...where are all these dang companies that are making hop-ups for minis and micros? I want some of those companies to realize the potential of the F201 and start pumping out hop-ups that fit and are availible here in the U.S.....
what are some things you would like to see?...
Old 05-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Square RC is coming out with a finned aluminum motor mount and f/r universals. http://www.rc-square.com/
Old 05-15-2002, 01:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Osherman: Pretty much the same type of stuff this Tech Racing company is coming out with. Front/Rear universals, adjustable motor mounts, and chassis that excepts side-by-side cells, titaniun or aluminum screw kits, titanium turnbuckle sets, Lions, Tigers and Bears O' my!

You know the usual stuff. Except that I want to be able to walk in and find it at the local shop or an (in country) mail order place. Oh, and not having to hand fit it on the car would be good.

Thats about it!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:08 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
Osherman: Pretty much the same type of stuff this Tech Racing company is coming out with. Front/Rear universals, adjustable motor mounts, and chassis that excepts side-by-side cells, titaniun or aluminum screw kits, titanium turnbuckle sets, Lions, Tigers and Bears O' my!

You know the usual stuff. Except that I want to be able to walk in and find it at the local shop or an (in country) mail order place. Oh, and not having to hand fit it on the car would be good.

Thats about it!
haha....you have just described Utopia!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:48 AM
Regional Moderator

dtm: yeah, I thought I would keep it simple. You know. I didn't want to ask for too much. LOL!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Square RC is coming out with a finned aluminum motor mount and f/r universals. http://www.rc-square.com/
I like the damper rods, especially the long one for the rear
Old 05-16-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default How does it run?

Has anyone run this car box stock yet? How does it perform? How do the tires wear? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: How does it run?

coolrcdad

It's not bad. I ran mine box stock and it handles quite a bit like a sedan except the long wheelbase makes for wider turns. The kit motor is pretty slow with the 7.15:1 gear ratio, so I am running a 19T motor in mine and it's a lot quicker. Stock sedan is still faster. The tires are not very good. They don't have much grip and they wear pretty fast, but you don't have any other choice if you want to maintain the scale appearance. Sedan rims do fit, so you can run them in a pinch and I'm sure they will perform a lot better.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:23 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: How does it run?

Originally posted by psycho
coolrcdad

It's not bad. I ran mine box stock and it handles quite a bit like a sedan except the long wheelbase makes for wider turns. The kit motor is pretty slow with the 7.15:1 gear ratio, so I am running a 19T motor in mine and it's a lot quicker. Stock sedan is still faster. The tires are not very good. They don't have much grip and they wear pretty fast, but you don't have any other choice if you want to maintain the scale appearance. Sedan rims do fit, so you can run them in a pinch and I'm sure they will perform a lot better.
Ride are coming out with some optional tires for the F201...these should be a lot better than the std ones!!
Old 05-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: How does it run?

Originally posted by dtm

Ride are coming out with some optional tires for the F201...these should be a lot better than the std ones!!
the stock tires are for display !!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Supposedly Pit Shimizu is also releasing tires for the F201. I noticed some new Pit Shimizu tires on Rainbow Ten's inventory list, but I can't tell what they are. Maybe they released the tires already??
Old 05-16-2002, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

F201 tires wear out really fast. We run on idoors and noticed thread lines are gone after 5 battery packs. Has the option parts come out yet? Cant seem to change pinion gears at the moment the car is too slow.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ran mine the other day. I experimented with the front 'sway bar'...different screw tightness. I ended up removing the screws altogether. Like the way it handles MUCH more with those removed. Plastic strip is still there, but not attached.

I also replaced all the tie-rods with titanium turnbuckles for ease of tuning. REALLY helps out alot. Toe-in, ride height, etc, can now all be changed pretty easily.

Fun little car....
Old 05-17-2002, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Geetoo
F201 tires wear out really fast. We run on idoors and noticed thread lines are gone after 5 battery packs. Has the option parts come out yet? Cant seem to change pinion gears at the moment the car is too slow.
Option parts has been out for awhile already... unfortunately they're only available in Japan. Visit RainbowTen, Tech-Racing and Square RC at:
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html
do a search F201

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/op_parts_new.htm

http://www.rc-square.com/
Old 05-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Heres a look at the new bodies that Tamiya is planning on including with the F201 in the future. The car would apparently come with BOTH a carbon colored body AND a clear body! It could also come in at $30 cheaper than the Ferrari version! Jezzz, those licensing agreements must cost a pretty penny if they can include two bodies with the newer kits AND drop the price by $30.

Anyway theres a pic below. The pics are from SteveP over on the RadioControlZone. Thanks for the event coverage SteveP.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F201-tam_f201.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.