Originally posted by Darkseid
Osherman: its something I never had to do. The diff rings were always either keyed or had some other method to hold them in place.
The next time I take the car apart, I'll snatch the diffs out and glue them up.
rc-zombies: thanks for the links.
Just built the diffs and have made a few obeservations. Maybe everyone knows already but I will repeat them here!!
1. Oil film on diff rings, outdrivers, screws, balls etc...clean everything with cleaner first!
2. Thrust bearing springs need to be seated (I remember this from the TC3 or MR4...) Fully compress springs 3-4 times.....both mine shorten in length by almost 1mm!!!
and then stopped (of course!!
3. I prefer thread lock on the diff plates/outdrivers compared to glue.....a little less permenant...but either will do!
4. Don't forget the grease on the head end of the screw (I did at first) it does make a slight difference!
5. Good tip from Psycho on using threadlock for both screws in the diff!
Just my 2 cents!
I still can't get the diffs as smooth as those on my Xray.......but they will do!!