Wiki Posts
Search

Wanna start elec this year, need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wanna start elec this year, need help

hello all, i run a mtx4 now and want to run elec. i want to be competitive but dont wanna go broke, keep in mind, i dont have anything but an ICE charger. so i need to build my lot.

out of the cars that i can get used, im looking at tc4s, tc5s, xrays, cyclones, and the other big names.

i am used to the adjustments on the mtx4, so i dont wanna go so far left field.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gentleman81
hello all, i run a mtx4 now and want to run elec. i want to be competitive but dont wanna go broke, keep in mind, i dont have anything but an ICE charger. so i need to build my lot.

out of the cars that i can get used, im looking at tc4s, tc5s, xrays, cyclones, and the other big names.

i am used to the adjustments on the mtx4, so i dont wanna go so far left field.
what parts are easy to get local? out of what you posted id stay away from tc4 because of the shaft drive....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

we only have a hobbytown here which is big on Associated and offroad.

so alot of things will still be bought online.

so the shaft drive is outdated? to the point where performance is lost?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

we only have a hobbytown here which is big on Associated and offroad.

so alot of things will still be bought online.

so the shaft drive is outdated? to the point where performance is lost?
Hey bud, I see you raced at 301 Raceway. That track is only 20 to 25 minutes from my house. If you would like to get a good idea on what and where to run electric, look in my siganture; The Track (www.rctrack.com) is an indoor carpet track that has some of the best racers I have ever known and very knowledgeable. They are also having a huge race on Saturday and Sunday. Big names like Josh Cyrul are going to be racing there as well. I would highly recommend you come on by.

Shaft drive has been discontinued for God knows whatever reason. When I had my HPI Pro 4 (before my chassis got tweaked ) I was doing damn well once the car was dialed. There is another racer that has an HPI Pro 4 that is dominating the scene. The HPI Pro 4 is a shaft drive car and hauls!!!

How far into VA are you? You should come on by and talk to some people that will give you a lot of great tips and hints. And compared to Nitro, you'll notice that electrics can be just as fast, if not faster. So if you want to practice until the Nitro season, definitely race electric at The Track. Furthermore there is always someone selling their cars and whatnot so another way to get a very good deal for electric cars there and not break the bank.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

thanks man, i was reading your sig and was amazed. haha

and i forgot tamiya cars. i see the trf's for sale every now and then. i race with a bunch of guys that race elec. maybe we can take a road trip!

any car suggestions?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

thanks man, i was reading your sig and was amazed. haha

and i forgot tamiya cars. i see the trf's for sale every now and then. i race with a bunch of guys that race elec. maybe we can take a road trip!

any car suggestions?
Well, if you race a Mugen MTX 4, I would say go with the Xray T2'008/009. I would advise the T2'008 (since it is the same car as the 009 minus the orange anodized parts). Or if you are on a budget, get the Xray T2R Pro. It is the same car as the 009 as well, but without the pretty carbon fiber.

As far as the Tamiya 416 TRF WE (and whatever other acronyms they have in the works ) is a damn great car. But someone who races with Tamiya cars suggested that they are excellent assphalt cars more than carpet.

And my sig would be much larger if I included my servoes and tire brands. But I figure I just point out the more obvious and noticeable things instead.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

well i just found a ton on ebay, 415s, and i will be on asphault 90% of the time. so its sounding great so far!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

well i just found a tone on ebay, 415s, and i will be on asphault 90% of the time. so its sounding great so far!
well, another asphalt car to look into is a Robitronic AVID. Those cars are durable as all get out. Tamiya are not too forgiving if you hit a wall. Plus Xrays are also another great choice.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

awwwww i was already mouth watering over the trf

i am known to bang a board or 10, so i will look at that. i will probably not be going fast enough to total the car tho , i found a few rtr tamiyas and i do like the idea of charge and race!!! i will look for the T2R
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220362715762

top choice as of the last 15 minutes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

I'd honestly look for some t2-007's before i'd look for t2R's mainly because some are still on hobbyshop shelves and the HS has to get rid of them, so you can usually get a NEW 007 for the same price as a t2r, but instead made with high quality materials, etc.

Don't forget the associated tc5,the losi type R, the yokomo mr4tc bd, the kyosho car, etc. All are more than capable cars in the hands of the right driver.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

there are so many choices, i just wanna spend a few hundred bucks, and not be dead last.

if i can get a rtr 007, for a good price. im on it!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

best 007 combo, but no elecs

havent looked on the for sale here yet
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Dude, come to the track on Saturday and Sunday. Seriously. You are going to find some damn good cars, cheap and not to mention no shipping charges to pay. SAVE YOUR MONEY! I'm tryin to help yah out here!

BTW, T2R Pros are damn good cars for a budget price. They are just as sturdy and reliable. The only difference is no carbon fiber to jack up the costs.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

awwwww i was already mouth watering over the trf

i am known to bang a board or 10, so i will look at that. i will probably not be going fast enough to total the car tho , i found a few rtr tamiyas and i do like the idea of charge and race!!! i will look for the T2R
If you are known to bang a board or 10, slow the car down before you speed it up

You can always change a transmitters responce, or the esc or gearing to get it going slower, or the obvious, a slower motor.

Once you are consistant, get the car going quicker.

I've seen too many people have a car that is too fast for them to control.

(One of the reasons why I still race 27t sometimes I think, it's called getting older and having less reactions than some others.... )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.