Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Fake ProMatch Numbers >

Fake ProMatch Numbers

Fake ProMatch Numbers

Old 11-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tex...I guess Im lost then I dont see how a constant 30 amp discharge is worse then a up and down dishcharge curve that would probably never go below 30 amps for very long which happens when its on the track. If running them on a matcher is bad then dont match them and sell us RAW cells b/c they are not abused by the matcher then........Im joking. But I dont see how a matcher is worse then running them b/c when you run them if you crash hard it would be like a big amp spike to the cell and that cant be good for the cell aswell. If you could tell me how a matcher is worse then running a pack with a 8 turn or what ever that would be great b/c I guess i just dont get it.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Kevin K.Because even with an 8 turn there isnt a flat charging rate.Even in Oval there is not a constant discharge at the same amp rate.Matchers ARE hard on cells.Thats part of the process.Guys that are overzapping cells to get the #'s flatten out quickly due to the abuse the cell goes through.The advantage of a matcher though is to weed out weaker cells.30 amps is pretty hard on a cell when it's constant.A spike isnt as bad at times as a constant 30 amp discharge.This is why most matchers only do 3-5 times.But there are cells out there that dont make 30.They get sent back or we get credit for them.
Kevin look around.Almost every matcher in the industry will say the same thing.It's ALOT better to actually run the cell than to run it through a matcher or cycle it again after being new.Pretty much WHY WOULD YOU.
Running the cells through a matcher again after the purchase does what?It just prematurely puts another cycle on the cells.This is considered bad by most matchers.Again whats the use?
I mean hell if you guys think this ok then why not cycle your cells twice a week.lol.You DONT.So why would you put them on a matcher or cycle them.
I think you took what I said totally different than what I meant and out of context.Not sure what answer your wanting to hear.It simply puts a unneeded cycle on the cells.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree with a lot of what you are saying there is no need to cycle them when new just to check the numbers. I also think like I said before that you cant get the same results in your basement or what ever that a matcher gets. I just didnt see how a cycle again on a matcher was the WORST thing you could do to a cell.....I could think of a few other things that might be WORSE But I see what your saying now and I can buy that its not good or even bad. Thanks for the info
Old 11-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

this is by far the dumbest thread ever! this is real easy..buy batteries from a company you trust. run them in your car..do they run well? if yes than buy more..if no cycle them to find out why..cycling batteries is great if you suspect a problem with your pack..cycling batteries just to see the little timer count up is dumb. save those cycles for the track! if you dont trust the numbers why buy them in the first place? pro match has been around awhile..i think it's safe to say this guy is blowing smoke up our you know whats!
Old 11-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Guys.... Ricky is just blowing smoke.... He posted the same crap on the SoCal site earlier today....

Personally I have tried some of the other matchers and I trust Jeffs process and numbers... I know where I buy my stuff.... Pro-Match
Old 11-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i dont mean to put ricky completely down or nefing, but have ne of u realised that since his little winge at the start of the forum, he hasnt replied since and he hasnt had the curtosy to say to neone, " oh thanx, sorry 4 my mistake, u have cleared it up 4 me "

i think its actually kinda rude and hes a bit of a coward
ive always heard gr8 things about promatch batteries, and im thinking about getting a batch 4 next years season.

just my 2cents worth guys

robbie lloyd
Old 11-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default promatch

I like the price of promatch batts i have ran them for 3 yrs now and they got this redneck a back to back points championship i dont buy the hottest ones though i have 1.15 packs that still win for me i can tell you that i blew up a cell one time and sent it in and i got another one free he didnt even ask what happend thats one cell in alot of packs i have bought jeff is always nice
and my 2 yr old pack of 1.15 tq last week in stock at alcoa Tn
remember bashing is a waste of time on are off the track
Old 11-14-2003, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

rtypec - did you run 19T, are you sure that's not a 10T?
RCInfinity - that's called sales tactics
rayhuang - I keep my house near 70F, ran on TM4 cells are not soldered
Grizzbob - my TM4 is only 4 months old, Trinity cell #s are right on
ottoman - Promatch #s are not as inflated as Orion/Peak but 1.165V is a medium pack, not a top of the line pack
Graphitedust - Trinity cost a bit more, numbers are low but they're real SMC is also expensive but the numbers are still relatively close to what they say they are, Reedy/Orion/Peak use Lavco system and their #s are quite a bit higher than CE at 30A and therefore can't compare, Integy real number but use 20A with early cutoff
TexRacer & KevinK - Yes, I'm stupid & wasted close to $20 on shipping. I race a bit of TC but mainly oval, so I really need to have good packs I have plenty of older cells with 1.165V, just don't need more average cells, hope others will learn from my mistake.
fhubbard - guess your have to baby-sit your Mini-F and not make the main
xray racer - do you realize today is Friday?

Get a matcher and test your cells, otherwise this whole battery discussion is BS anyway! Test it right, test it wrong, temperature this and that, next thing you know someone jump out and said "No! don't worry about the numbers, it's the track performance that counts" and if it's race results that count, we should all be running Reedy packs since they win more races than almost everyone else combined.

Last edited by RickyIS300; 11-14-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RickyIS300

xray racer - do you realize today is Friday?
Actually today is Saturday...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, you're Saturday there, I'm still Friday night here PST.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

It is saturday afternoon in Aus...

Anyway from what I've heard trinity is one of the worst offenders in printing fake cell labels. This is the first I've ever heard of someone being unhappy with pro-matched cells so it dosn't change my view about them. There are alot of variables when matching so it's really not surprising that the no. arn't the same. Out wheel your competition don't out power them. It's more satisfying beating someone who has better cells then you do.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I personally have run many, many pro-match packs and never once have their numbers been that far off. I remember one of the first of the newer batch of GP's I got, after about 10 cycles or so, the voltage had dropped .002 v per cell, runtime 1 sec down. Maybe your matcher just isn't calibrated or something. They're not all exactly the same, you know.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

The promatch packs I received had Exactly the same performance as the #s on the label.

David Root
Old 11-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Being a rookie electric guy I have a question about this good vs bad cell deal.

Who cares if the runtime is 406 or 401, we only race 300 anyway right?

At least that's all the races I have seen. Call me crazy but as long as my Pro Match batts (yes I do and so far I like em very much) don't dump before 300, I kinda don't care!

A lot of guys around here run Pro Match with excellent results and I have yet to hear anyone complain about them.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Ambient temperature, calibration, power supply, cell contact play a big part in battery numbers. these factors when combined together can even generate differences in runtime and voltage in excess of 10 seconds and 0.01 volt respectively.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.