Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy race 2004 sedan format.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Reedy race 2004 sedan format.

Where is the race gonna be held and I hear it may be a lottery selection to race there?Any comments?
Old 11-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

the reedy internation race in europe is at the NEC in the uk.
there are gonna be two tracks.
1 indoors
2 outdoors.
whos going?
Old 11-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I see both sides of the entry system and I'm not sure which is better
1. the old way, where it was basically the socal reedy race

2. lottery, where you can't really plan on going with a bunch of racing buddies because you don't know if you all got in.

maybe it just needs to be at a bigger venue so they can handle more racers?
Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I see the point of the lottery, but I still think it sucks. All the other "major" electric TC races are spread all over the country. Snowbirds in FL. Cleveland champs, etc... This is really the only Huge race in Southern California. I've always seen so cal as the "hot bed" for RC racing in the US and this is the only big race we get. What's the big deal if it's mainly locals? Most of us don't get to go to the other major events. If it's that important to you, and you're on the east coast, send the entry in UPS Red. It'll get there the same time mine will from San Diego. And like Matt said, you can't plan on having even one of your buddies coming up and racing with you. The chances are too slim.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by trf racer
the reedy internation race in europe is at the NEC in the uk.
there are gonna be two tracks.
1 indoors
2 outdoors.
whos going?
I might go and watch.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by berger
I might go and watch.

why are you not racing?
i went to the reedy race in halifax was meant to race but didnt b/c i was reserved.
i will now though
Old 11-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Two Reedy Races

they should have a reedy race west and reedy race east...

one at tamiya.. the other one maybe at trackside or something.

that way everyone will be happy. and reedy makes more money out of it.

heck.. then you can have a Reedy USA race where the top 30 from each class from the west and east get automatic entry, then you can crown a National Champion.

Old 11-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Everyone,
Welp the news of the lottery system may or may not be in effect. The final say on which way racers will enter the Reedy Race, all falls on Mike Reedy himself. The buck stops with him. Period. Tamiya America is a great venue and the race management is awesome. What I remembered from last year the entry form was on the Tamiya America website, so in theory you could of printed, filled in, faxed your entry to the Reedy Race in less that an hour and be in the show. Just my .02
Old 11-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by trf racer
why are you not racing?
i went to the reedy race in halifax was meant to race but didnt b/c i was reserved.
i will now though
Yeah i might, ive been doing pretty good with some fairly fast guys lately, got a regional meeting at the weekend, not that many sponsored guys will be there but its a big track and a proper meeting, was robbed of the A main last time. 0.6 of a second i was beaten by in the last round.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by gtypecanare
What I remembered from last year the entry form was on the Tamiya America website, so in theory you could of printed, filled in, faxed your entry to the Reedy Race in less that an hour and be in the show. Just my .02
Exactly my point. East coast guys were not at any disadvantage. They're entries could have gotten there just as fast as anyone elses. I know of only a few guys who actually walked their entries into Tamiya. Everyone elses got there the next day.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Two Reedy Races

Originally posted by Hebiki
and reedy makes more money out of it.

Welp, talking to a friend that manages the Reedy Race, they almost break even, when the Reedy Race is run. Mike, isn't into making money at this event but to see the best racers in the world duke it out.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Two Reedy Races

i was just joking about the money part.

altho i still think two races would be cool. and then a national. just like how TCS is run. regionals and then nationals. thats my 1 cent

Welp, talking to a friend that manages the Reedy Race, they almost break even, when the Reedy Race is run. Mike, isn't into making money at this event but to see the best racers in the world duke it out.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Well,
I live in the Southern U.S. and attended the Reedy Race 2 yrs ago and loved it. I hate to see it go to a lottery, if it does then I will go the Snowbirds I guess. I was planning on skipping the birds and going back to the Reedy race but now I won't know if I'm in the field or not until after it's too late to sign up for the birds. this just makes it hard on someone who is flying cross country to attend.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,
Welp the news of the lottery system may or may not be in effect. The final say on which way racers will enter the Reedy Race, all falls on Mike Reedy himself. The buck stops with him. Period. Tamiya America is a great venue and the race management is awesome. What I remembered from last year the entry form was on the Tamiya America website, so in theory you could of printed, filled in, faxed your entry to the Reedy Race in less that an hour and be in the show. Just my .02
tamiya did not accept faxed entrys last year, they said specifically that entrys had to be hand deliverd (meaning you physically walked into will call at tamiya USA) or by mail.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

UPS Red get's it there next day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.