here's my two cents worth
i now own an Mars-R EX-1 with the drop down with a sedan wheel. and a EX-10 Helios with the drop down and pivot wheel. here are my favorites about the two:
1. both are comfortable as heck. hold a helios with the drop down and the wheel pivoted out... check out how comfortable and natural your wrists are positioned! good stuff man. and i havent had any trouble with glitching.
2. support.. i race in socal and i always get help from Robert from Ko. He never hesitates to help me with my Ko stuff. Radio, servo, esc... name it, he'll help me.
3. small receivers... altho they're not synth... the receivers are small.. and i only have 3 sets of crystals for each radio. esp with the helios.. i dont have much room in my Yokomo SD..so the helios receiver is nice. if you pick your crystals wisely, you'll only need 3 sets at most.
4. Features.. they have features i dont even know how to use yet.
5. i dont wanna black list other companies. but my Ko Radios just feel like they are of higher quality compared to the others ive owned and held.
6. where else can you get cool colored pads for your radio?!? hahahah
i held the 3PK.. and an M8. great radios with good features. But i'll take my Mars-R and Helios any day.
My only beef is like the other guy, i can only use them once a week!
Originally posted by jeffreylin
It is the synth. Crystals are pain in the rear. Nevertheless, I too am leaning that way. EX-10 is pretty comfortable. Although I might wait for a bit and see if Sanwa updates the M8 and if Novak comes out with a synth module for the KO.