Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

http://rcprogear.com/tagged/iic11

Per the above tech sheet posted by Syndrome, Mike used an LRP for mod and a Tekin for 13.5 at the IIC.

Bill
Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
http://rcprogear.com/tagged/iic11

Per the above tech sheet posted by Syndrome, Mike used an LRP for mod and a Tekin for 13.5 at the IIC.

Bill
Thank you
Old 10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Oh-kee-doe-kee.

As an Associated driver, I was surprised that he ran anything other than LRP.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Oh-kee-doe-kee.

As an Associated driver, I was surprised that he ran anything other than LRP.
Very helpful your link

So in looking closely I notice that Naoto used the nosram in both 12th scale 13.5 and mod

Was it the LRP copy of stock/spec or TC for both I dunno?

Also Alexander H. used LRP in both 13.5 and mod so those are the only two racers who stuck with the LRP type speedo's inbetween classes of 13.5 and mod

So what did Alexander use also the stock/spec or TC I dunno?

Very hard to get info on this ...lol

Meaning these two did not change speedo's for the .5 classes like everyone else did
Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Very helpful your link

So in looking closely I notice that Naoto used the nosram in both 12th scale 13.5 and mod

Was it the LRP copy of stock/spec or TC for both I dunno?

Also Alexander H. used LRP in both 13.5 and mod so those are the only two racers who stuck with the LRP type speedo's inbetween classes of 13.5 and mod

So what did Alexander use also the stock/spec or TC I dunno?

Very hard to get info on this ...lol

Meaning these two did not change speedo's for the .5 classes like everyone else did
I'm not certain about your questions but the Tekin RS Pro can certainly handle a 4T and a 17.5T "Blinky" and any open class just by pressing two buttons. Once you program C1 and C2 with the Hotwire all you need to access those profiles are the buttons on the ESC. One side note is that if you are planning to use a very low turn motor you may wish to consider using a receiver pack, the booster is more than enough for "Blinky' and high turn motors.

As far as how to set up your chassis for each class????? That's entirely up to you.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was using my rs in tc racing and then decided to put it on my 12th scale , first thing I did was to update it then did all the parameters needed, made sure its in 1s mode. when I them connect my battery and turn on the power button I did not heart any chime that you would normally heart when you first turn it on, yes there is power, steering is working but when you hit your accelerator there is no power to the motor, it won't move. You can see the led accelerate if you hit the accelerator. Any help?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
I was using my rs in tc racing and then decided to put it on my 12th scale , first thing I did was to update it then did all the parameters needed, made sure its in 1s mode. when I them connect my battery and turn on the power button I did not heart any chime that you would normally heart when you first turn it on, yes there is power, steering is working but when you hit your accelerator there is no power to the motor, it won't move. You can see the led accelerate if you hit the accelerator. Any help?
Do you have a 1s voltage booster, or receiver pack ?

The Tekin RS won't run 1s with out it.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AreCee
I'm not certain about your questions but the Tekin RS Pro can certainly handle a 4T and a 17.5T "Blinky" and any open class just by pressing two buttons. Once you program C1 and C2 with the Hotwire all you need to access those profiles are the buttons on the ESC. One side note is that if you are planning to use a very low turn motor you may wish to consider using a receiver pack, the booster is more than enough for "Blinky' and high turn motors.

As far as how to set up your chassis for each class????? That's entirely up to you.
I guess this is a complicated question then...lol

I was trying to show that only two racers that did well used the same speedo in 12th mod/13.5

MOD

Everyone else either had a second car with different speedo or changed speedo between rounds

I am surprised this question is not asked more

To me my question is simple

Was there a speedo that was successfully used in both classes

As far as I have proof only the LRP/Nosram guys used the same speedo

All 13.5 Tekin guys used LRP in mod hence no one really ran the Tekin in mod

And my question was what LRP/Nosram speedo did those two guys run in both mod/13.5 classes? Either TCv2 or Spec/stock?

Ya see there is all this monkey see/monkey do and I simply wanted to use just one car with one speedo and avoid any extra monies spent on extra speedo's for extra cars so to sum up...lol

There we're no Tekin's in mod A-main hence the racers chose to use LRP in mod and I wanted to know why if the Tekin "could" also work in mod...lol

Thank you for your tolerance and help

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 10-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Do you have a 1s voltage booster, or receiver pack ?

The Tekin RS won't run 1s with out it.
Yes I was using a booster pack, I did try a different speed control and it was fine.

Last edited by cheehtae; 10-20-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And my question was what LRP/Nosram speedo did those two guys run in both mod/13.5 classes? Either TCv2 or Spec/stock?

Ya see there is all this monkey see/monkey do and I simply wanted to use just one car with one speedo and avoid any extra monies spent on extra speedo's for extra cars so to sum up...lol

There we're no Tekin's in mod A-main hence the racers chose to use LRP in mod and I wanted to know why if the Tekin "could" also work in mod...lol

Thank you for your tolerance and help
I personally wouldn't race the same chassis set-up in blinky and mod but would use one car set-up for each.

As far as which speedo, it comes down to sponsorship in the pros and personal preference for "feel" in non-pro. I have used the same speedo in stock and mod but then I can't really feel any real difference between brands except in my wallet. Therefore, I tend to stay with the brand/item that I have the most familiarity with and in this case it's Tekin. So far I was the top racer at my track in both WGT and 1/12 both are open speedo. The holder of the 1/12 fast lap was using a 4cell GTB and a receiver pack.

I would say that if you can afford it to try all of the ESCs and select the one that you think gives you the most consistent results and sell the rest.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AreCee
I personally wouldn't race the same chassis set-up in blinky and mod but would use one car set-up for each.

As far as which speedo, it comes down to sponsorship in the pros and personal preference for "feel" in non-pro. I have used the same speedo in stock and mod but then I can't really feel any real difference between brands except in my wallet. Therefore, I tend to stay with the brand/item that I have the most familiarity with and in this case it's Tekin. So far I was the top racer at my track in both WGT and 1/12 both are open speedo. The holder of the 1/12 fast lap was using a 4cell GTB and a receiver pack.

I would say that if you can afford it to try all of the ESCs and select the one that you think gives you the most consistent results and sell the rest.
My posts stated I did not need any chassis advice. I can figure that out. Just esc question...lol

lol...That's just it as my post suggested is that I can't afford to buy them all and having in my past made so many bad decisions about this or that is why I ask before buying so I can race sooner than later especially considering my last purchase is a speedo...lol

Who know's what exact speedo Naoto was running? TC or stockspec LRP Nosram copy :O

And what did hagberg run? TC or stockspec?

These being the ONLY two guys again that had the same speedo/brand in both classes so it is possible to do well with LRP for both but which LRP is my question or why the Tekin guys like blackstock switched speedo/brands between mod and 13.5

Thank you for your time
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yes I using a booster pack, I did try a different speed control and it war fine.
When using a TQ booster with a Tekin, I only turn on the booster switch, not the esc switch.
this is with the booster red wire soldered to the (+) post on the esc, and the 3wire plug, into the receiver.

Which type is your "different" esc ?
And how do you have it wired as compared with the Tekin ?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
When using a TQ booster with a Tekin, I only turn on the booster switch, not the esc switch.
this is with the booster red wire soldered to the (+) post on the esc, and the 3wire plug, into the receiver.

Which type is your "different" esc ?
And how do you have it wired as compared with the Tekin ?
I'm using a china booster, there is no on and off for it., for the other esc it's a hobbywing esc and its not even sensored.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I'm using a china booster, there is no on and off for it., for the other esc it's a hobbywing esc and its not even sensored.
I'm using an early version of the TQ without an on/off switch in one car and one of the cheap chinese boosters in another. Both have RS esc's and both work perfect, either your booster is bad or you have it wired wrong. Can you post a pic of your wiring?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

My posts stated I did not need any chassis advice. I can figure that out. Just esc question...lol

lol...That's just it as my post suggested is that I can't afford to buy them all and having in my past made so many bad decisions about this or that is why I ask before buying so I can race sooner than later especially considering my last purchase is a speedo...lol

Who know's what exact speedo Naoto was running? TC or stockspec LRP Nosram copy :O

And what did hagberg run? TC or stockspec?

These being the ONLY two guys again that had the same speedo/brand in both classes so it is possible to do well with LRP for both but which LRP is my question or why the Tekin guys like blackstock switched speedo/brands between mod and 13.5

Thank you for your time
And all of us are also lacking the knowledge about what firmware such sponsored drivers may be using in their speedos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.