Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
hey Craig - I've been leaving the 1s box unchecked and running with a receiver pack.
yeah mike i was gonna run it checked with the reciever pack or booster and the esc on. is it better to run it unchecked with the esc off or am i missing something
Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
yeah mike i was gonna run it checked with the reciever pack or booster and the esc on. is it better to run it unchecked with the esc off or am i missing something
I don't think the 1s checkbox is the way to go. hide the esc switch and leave it in the off position. you'll need to use he switch when u set your neutral/throttle/brake so don't put it where it isn't accessible. I just don't want a marshall to get near it. I haven't put a switch on my receiver pack, I jet plugit in and then mount my body.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think the 1s checkbox is the way to go. hide the esc switch and leave it in the off position. you'll need to use he switch when u set your neutral/throttle/brake so don't put it where it isn't accessible. I just don't want a marshall to get near it. I haven't put a switch on my receiver pack, I jet plugit in and then mount my body.
ok so box unchecked and esc off. got it. also what rx pack are you running and why not a booster like the tq booster thanx
Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
ok so box unchecked and esc off. got it. also what rx pack are you running and why not a booster like the tq booster thanx
nexusracing has some cheap 200mah packs. you can also use the losi mini-t pack if you change the plug (or maybe just trim the plastic) so it goes into your receiver. I use a losi mini-t charger for my lipo packs too.

there are a lot of opinions about 2s lipo receiver pack vs booster. the lipo just looks like a simpler option to me. I can tell when the pack is starting to get weak. in the early day of boosters I saw a bunch go up in smoke on the track. this might be ok at a club race but a few people wasted qual runs at Vegas because of this.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nexusracing has some cheap 200mah packs. you can also use the losi mini-t pack if you change the plug (or maybe just trim the plastic) so it goes into your receiver. I use a losi mini-t charger for my lipo packs too.

there are a lot of opinions about 2s lipo receiver pack vs booster. the lipo just looks like a simpler option to me. I can tell when the pack is starting to get weak. in the early day of boosters I saw a bunch go up in smoke on the track. this might be ok at a club race but a few people wasted qual runs at Vegas because of this.
+1, i know when a battery is not going to work, but I have seen booster that "kinda" worked. I watch 2 buds run a booster and when there was a high power load, all the electronics shut down. the only thing I have had a problem with on a rx pack is forgetting to charge it. now that I have a dedicated "rx pack" charger, that does not happen. I run a 380mah rx pack so good all day even if I forget to charge
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanx mike and isgroup. mike i called john brown he has the losi and dynamite packs with the chargers so i will go that route
Old 12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theisgroup
+1, i know when a battery is not going to work, but I have seen booster that "kinda" worked. I watch 2 buds run a booster and when there was a high power load, all the electronics shut down. the only thing I have had a problem with on a rx pack is forgetting to charge it. now that I have a dedicated "rx pack" charger, that does not happen. I run a 380mah rx pack so good all day even if I forget to charge
Yang!

What receiver battery are you using?

s-
Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yang!

s-
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, my question is this: What is better a booster or an RX pack?

The reason I ask is that I'm the only one using a booster out of 6 racers and was consistently the slowest by .5 to 1 sec per lap. Even at full throttle on the straight I was passed.

Thing is that we are all using 1S and 13.5 motors. It is divided between Tekin RS and Novak GTB 4 cell ESC.

My motor timing is 0, timing boost is 20, max turbo, .5 delay. Rollout is 60 to 70. Tires are the same as everyone's. I don't get it. Even drag racing it falls behind. Since I'm the only one using a booster I'm beginning to think that I have a power loss in there.

Next time out I'm going to try a pack.

Also a few weeks ago the timing ring became loose on my Tekin 13.5 and went to max motor timing together with 20 timing boost the motor temps went into the 160 - 170 range. Would this be one of the problems with the lack of speed and punch I have now?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee

The reason I ask is that I'm the only one using a booster out of 6 racers and was consistently the slowest by .5 to 1 sec per lap. Even at full throttle on the straight I was passed.

Thing is that we are all using 1S and 13.5 motors. It is divided between Tekin RS and Novak GTB 4 cell ESC.

My motor timing is 0, timing boost is 20, max turbo, .5 delay. Rollout is 60 to 70. Tires are the same as everyone's. I don't get it. Even drag racing it falls behind. Since I'm the only one using a booster I'm beginning to think that I have a power loss in there.

Also a few weeks ago the timing ring became loose on my Tekin 13.5 and went to max motor timing together with 20 timing boost the motor temps went into the 160 - 170 range. Would this be one of the problems with the lack of speed and punch I have now?

I use an RX, 7.4v lipo. I like the extra speed of the servo
I'd also try 0 on the motor, max boost, and 0 turbo to start.
The rollout might be a bit low, but try it with closer to 70mm.
Adjust the turbo as needed when you have the correct gearing for that set up. The car should top out approx. 1/2 way down the straight, then you can add a small amount of turbo from there (5 at .5sec.)
Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashby
Yang!

s-
zippy 7.4v 380mah. they are $1.99 from china
Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

zippy 7.4v 380mah. they are $1.99 from china
Yang,

You can't just post like that with no link!!! Where do I get a zippy?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee

I have been running 1s 12th for quite a while and have tested boosters vs rec packs quite a bit. I can't find any difference in lap times. I've tested it at home and even in Vegas. I run a booster for convenience sake. I can understand running one or the other for personal reasons (yang, ) but there is no difference in lap times imho.

Here's some data. We had a larger race in our area recently. Mike Dumas ran a receiver pack in his car and I had a booster (as well as Brian Stanton and Jason Ertrachter who qualified ahead of me and behind Dumas). All four of our hotlaps were within .2 tenths. Recently Ive even managed run faster with more car tuning to this particular layout.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashby
Yang,

You can't just post like that with no link!!! Where do I get a zippy?
looks like I bought too many. they have gone up a little.

here is 2 packs. 1 is a 180mah and the other is 350mah. only use about 58mah per 8 min race with KO 951 and tekin rs.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...50mAh_2S_20C__
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...80mAh_2S_15C__

I did not post because timbo actually told me that he picked up a butt load for you norcal guys. maybe he is just keeping it to himself. shipping is a killer, but I picked up 4 chargers at the same time so the shipping was minimal for me.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can anyone tell the the differences between the...

RX and the Pro? Is the pro worth it for Trans AM racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.