Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
I have a question for team tekin. I have a couple tekin rs speed controls and never seen this:

Bring my car to the track right before the main and turn the radio on then the esc, I had steering but no throttle. 3 lights were blinking one the esc. Tried to reset it and nothing. Same 3 lights keept blinking. Had the track owner come over and did a factory reset and it worked. I was running v200 all day and it worked great. Then changed a couple settings and this happened. I think when the reset was done it also reset all my settings and it was very slow and might have been set to the original version also. Any help with this would b wonderful. Thanks a lot.
The three lights will show up if your neutral setting is off. Either the radio is drifting or you're setting coast or drag brake on the radio with the neutral point.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Any of you ever had the motor act like it was on a rev limiter? When you go full throttle it spools up and then starts cutting out so to speak.. I am useing a rec pack not a booster..Thanks
this happens if you over time the motor also.

Originally Posted by WIITA
I have a question for team tekin. I have a couple tekin rs speed controls and never seen this:

Bring my car to the track right before the main and turn the radio on then the esc, I had steering but no throttle. 3 lights were blinking one the esc. Tried to reset it and nothing. Same 3 lights keept blinking. Had the track owner come over and did a factory reset and it worked. I was running v200 all day and it worked great. Then changed a couple settings and this happened. I think when the reset was done it also reset all my settings and it was very slow and might have been set to the original version also. Any help with this would b wonderful. Thanks a lot.
I had a similar problem in vegas. Randy and I found a wierd thing. I was running a usb hub off my laptop and then the hotwire off the hub. I am not sure if my total length of the usb was too long, but I would set the speedo with hotwire and then I had no throttle. even after calibration with the radio. I removed the usb hub and plugged the hotwire and usb cable off the laptop and never had this happen again.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Quick question regarding the RS with either booster or rx pack.

When fully installed, does it matter which switch is turned on first? Battery to ESC or Booster to RX?

Thanks

BTW assume FW200

Thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
The three lights will show up if your neutral setting is off. Either the radio is drifting or you're setting coast or drag brake on the radio with the neutral point.
Great, thanks a lot. I have a m11, any idea what setting I should look under with this radio. Again, thanks a lot!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Livewire

Is the live wire system a must for setting voltage cutoff for 1s lipo's
Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At the current time yes, you must have the Hotwire to select the 1s setting.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default thank you

So you're using a laptop to program?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

easyest thing to do with a tekin set up on 1s is eather a novak smart boost or a 2s reciver pack
Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

I apologise if this has been asked before!

When setting the Turbo delay, at what point does the "clock start ticking?

Say it is at 0.5 seconds, is that 0.5 seconds after you hit full throttle or 0.5 seconds after the full boost has been applied?

Also does the amount of time it takes for the boost to be applied differ depending on the value selected would 15degs of boost be applied in half the time of 30?

thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by exint2
I apologise if this has been asked before!

When setting the Turbo delay, at what point does the "clock start ticking?

Say it is at 0.5 seconds, is that 0.5 seconds after you hit full throttle or 0.5 seconds after the full boost has been applied?

Also does the amount of time it takes for the boost to be applied differ depending on the value selected would 15degs of boost be applied in half the time of 30?

thanks
it starts ticking as soon as you hold full throttle, the idea is to get upto speed using the timing boost then the turbo kicks in, if turbo kicks in before you will have that much timing on the motor it will end up being slower rather than fast and just heat the motor up.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

so is the turbo function additional degrees of timing or a percentage of advance
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Adds additional degrees of timing after the delay, but it is a ramp up of that amount, so it doesnt hit all at once. you can see it when you free run the car.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

so if you have 20 degrees on the motor and 10 degrees in boost, what do u set the turbo at
Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Anyone know what the specs are on the TQ booster? I'm curious as to the output voltage and current capacity of the TQ booster.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Anyone know what the specs are on the TQ booster? I'm curious as to the output voltage and current capacity of the TQ booster.
I'm not sure, but I think it's 5V. Two weekends ago, I was using an RX pack. Last weekend I ran a TQ booster. Both seem to function about the same, although I guess the steering would be a bit better using the RX pack. I really did not notice a difference.

I am curious if weight is a factor at all. Adding weight should reduce steering rate, right? So comparing the 2s lipo pack w/ 6v regulator versus to a tq booster at 5V, the effective steering rate may actually be about the same given the reduced weight of the booster. Just a guess, but I really don't think it matters in my application (1/12 pan) where I can get away with a $30 servo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.