Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slotracer577
Did you do an uninstal of your previous version before installing 200? If you didnt that might be the issue. If not, it should be over on the right as a number to adjust.

John
Weird, I did the uninstall on the old one first. I did it all over again today & still no turbo. I was able to update the RS & it says 200 in the current version box. Anyone see what I did wrong?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
Weird, I did the uninstall on the old one first. I did it all over again today & still no turbo. I was able to update the RS & it says 200 in the current version box. Anyone see what I did wrong?
Make sure you have the sensored box checked?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

That's it. Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 AM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is it better to have 2nd power cap when run 1 cell lipo with RS pro in Mod?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Optimal timing?

For the past couple months I was sure I understood how to set the timing, but now I’m confused again. Just when I was convinced that zero motor and max ESC was best (on a 17.5T), now I’m finding with a 13.5T that less timing is better, and I’m back to trying to understand how to find the optimal settings.

I thought that zero motor timing to get torque out of a corner and max Turbo and Boost to let it rip when at rpm was best. I did lot’s of experimenting with a Redline 17.5T with gearing/rollout and motor/ESC timing and was convinced this played out. Running 1/12 scale, 75’x75’ carpet track, RS v200, Redline motors, 1-cell, rollout varies to find optimal.

After Vegas I switched back to the Redline 13.5T and kept the same ESC settings, varied gearing and found 75mm rollout to be optimal. A friend with a similar hardware and rollout was clearly pulling me so when we compared settings they were the same except his Turbo was at half max. I dropped mine to half and immediately saw improvements, less heat, more zip, lower lap times. Varied gearing again and found that 75mm was still right.

So I don’t understand what is going on with the timing. Not just why less is better (I can understand being over-timed), but why didn’t the optimal rollout change when the timing changed? This wasn’t a trade, less timing was better.

I don’t remember if it was this forum or the RS forum, but somebody posted a lot of math on what was going on. I’ve searched the threads but haven’t found it; any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
For the past couple months I was sure I understood how to set the timing, but now I’m confused again. Just when I was convinced that zero motor and max ESC was best (on a 17.5T), now I’m finding with a 13.5T that less timing is better, and I’m back to trying to understand how to find the optimal settings.

I thought that zero motor timing to get torque out of a corner and max Turbo and Boost to let it rip when at rpm was best. I did lot’s of experimenting with a Redline 17.5T with gearing/rollout and motor/ESC timing and was convinced this played out. Running 1/12 scale, 75’x75’ carpet track, RS v200, Redline motors, 1-cell, rollout varies to find optimal.

After Vegas I switched back to the Redline 13.5T and kept the same ESC settings, varied gearing and found 75mm rollout to be optimal. A friend with a similar hardware and rollout was clearly pulling me so when we compared settings they were the same except his Turbo was at half max. I dropped mine to half and immediately saw improvements, less heat, more zip, lower lap times. Varied gearing again and found that 75mm was still right.

So I don’t understand what is going on with the timing. Not just why less is better (I can understand being over-timed), but why didn’t the optimal rollout change when the timing changed? This wasn’t a trade, less timing was better.

I don’t remember if it was this forum or the RS forum, but somebody posted a lot of math on what was going on. I’ve searched the threads but haven’t found it; any ideas?

Thanks.
ESC boost wants to rev the motor more. Turbo wants to rev the motor more after the delay is reached. If you are on a smaller track, turbo may not be necessary. Also, if boost is too high, you may be taking yourself right out of the torque band of the motor, which you need. Try setting turbo to zero, the motor to zero and the boost to 5 less than where it is now. See if you like the snap out of the corners. If not, either drop the rollout with a couple teeth off the pinion or take another 5 off the boost. You will eventually hit the sweet spot for the rollout. At that point, add back the turbo in increments of 5 until it shows no signs of improved lap times.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but im trying to find a good Setup with 200 profile for running 10.5 1s 12th scale. Also a starting rollout, on a track thats about 80ft long
Just wondering if anyone has any starter tips on that?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but im trying to find a good Setup with 200 profile for running 10.5 1s 12th scale. Also a starting rollout, on a track thats about 80ft long
Just wondering if anyone has any starter tips on that?
Motor? Battery?

I suggest that you just drive quickly :-)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Motor? Battery?

I suggest that you just drive quickly :-)
Novak 10.5 and 5000 40c 1s
Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kenny Lamberts setups from Vegas would be a great place to start:
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A-kennylamberts1-12-13.5wgtiic.jpg   Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A-kennylamberts1-12-13.5iic.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Kenny Lamberts setups from Vegas would be a great place to start:
these setups say that gearing is the same in both classes? is that right?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lavaandy
these setups say that gearing is the same in both classes? is that right?
Yes, the spur/pinion combo is different because of tire size, but rollout is rollout.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default ok

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
ESC boost wants to rev the motor more. Turbo wants to rev the motor more after the delay is reached. If you are on a smaller track, turbo may not be necessary. Also, if boost is too high, you may be taking yourself right out of the torque band of the motor, which you need. Try setting turbo to zero, the motor to zero and the boost to 5 less than where it is now. See if you like the snap out of the corners. If not, either drop the rollout with a couple teeth off the pinion or take another 5 off the boost. You will eventually hit the sweet spot for the rollout. At that point, add back the turbo in increments of 5 until it shows no signs of improved lap times.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Finally got to race my new 10R5 Friday night after 2 test-n-tune sessions and I gotta say I'm really liking this car and the Tekin RS & Redline motor! I TQ'd by 2 laps and won the A-main by 2 laps. This particular track is 60' x 26', so it's very tight and technical with 6'6" wide lanes and medium/high bite.

For anyone looking for setup info:

Tekin RS/Redline 10.5 motor on 1S.
Rollout: 61.59mm (93/33 on 55.25mm tires)
Sensored box checked
Full Boost
Zero motor timing
Full turbo, delay .5
Brake: 90
No drag brake
Throttle profile 3 (I'll try profiles 4 and 5 next time out)
Novak Smart Boost

Hope that helps.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Settings out of parameters of esc?

Purchased RS Pro last year. I tried 198 software but get this message that settings are not within parameters of my esc. How do you determine what software version is compatible with your esc? Or what parameters to use with a certain esc?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.