Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Or...Oops!
You go Bill!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Blinky class Help!!! Using RS what would I set the (throttle control) at to be safe? Im running 3 and tried 4 but seems the same. Motor timming is maxed. Need more speed!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, I've had a troll through this thread with no luck so it's probably quicker just to ask -

What is the motor limit for a Tekin RS (not pro) running 1 cell Lipo in a 1:12 Pan?

Cheers
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishy
Hi guys, I've had a troll through this thread with no luck so it's probably quicker just to ask -

What is the motor limit for a Tekin RS (not pro) running 1 cell Lipo in a 1:12 Pan?

Cheers
5 turn on the RS.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay, I was thinking that seeing as how there's only 3.7 volts going through it then the speedy may handle a lower turn motor. Is the limitation due to something other than actual current?
Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cheers
Originally Posted by Andy Koback
5 turn on the RS.
Okay, I was thinking that seeing as how there's only 3.7 volts going through it then the speedy may handle a lower turn motor. Is the limitation due to something other than actual current?
Thanks
Actually, there is no problem running hotter motors than 5.0 in 12th with an RS

Make sure you use 13g wire with 2 caps
12th scale is so light, the load isn't an issue

May not be the company line, but I don't know of anyone that has had an issue with it.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Actually, there is no problem running hotter motors than 5.0 in 12th with an RS

Make sure you use 13g wire with 2 caps
12th scale is so light, the load isn't an issue

May not be the company line, but I don't know of anyone that has had an issue with it.
Thanks guys, that is how I saw it too. Not a lot of load, and only half the voltage it's rated on.

(Not that I'm going to be throwing anything hotter than a 5.0 turn in there in the near future)

Cheers
Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
You don't solder the battery leads to the switch leads. Use a connector so you can detach the battery to recharge it. All you are doing is putting the battery in line with the negative switch lead so when the swich closes the circuit the RX battery powers up the ESC's internal BEC thereby powering the receiver and servo while the 1S powers the motor.

Personally I just plug my LiFe RX pack into the receiver and don't turn on the ESC. You actually use less of the RX pack this way. I normally recharge the pack with 50 to 60 mah for an eight minute heat and several warm up laps. It's much easier and you don't need to change any connectors or wires.
If I plug the LiFe rx pack straight into the receiver and don't turn on the esc, both the red and black wire from the esc will still be connected to the 1S lipo right?

I read that on certain setup, the red wire is not plug to the 1S lipo. So I just want to ask regarding this setup.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faifaisalfal
If I plug the LiFe rx pack straight into the receiver and don't turn on the esc, both the red and black wire from the esc will still be connected to the 1S lipo right?

Thanks.
Correct! Use the receiver pack switch to turn it Off/On, not the one on the ESC.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just ordered some of the Life Source 6.6V batts from Hobbico. They should be at the store Tuesday. I set up a second car for my son and wanted to see the difference between the bootster and battery with my own eyes. This pack doesn't come with a separate switch like the Dynamite, but looks like most of you who use it, like it.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rollout/Esc settings 5.5 turn

Hi guys, I have searched this forum top to bottom and can't see the info I need so here goes:

Looking for some help with at least a rollout figure for my Tekin RS/SP 5.5turn 1 cell in a RC12R5.1. Running a receiver pack.

Outdoor track has laps in the 21 second range, with a 140ft straight leading into a fast sweeper, plus a technical infield.

Indoor carpet track is on an indoor sports pitch approx 95x45ft with laps in the 13 second range.

So far I have been running no motor timing, Boost of about 40 and Turbo around 10, with current limiter in the 70 range. My car is off the pace but not by a huge amount, the issue I have is I believe my Rollout is WAY to low (from 1.1 inches indoor to 1.3 outdoor!).

This stems from my background running TekinRS in 2S boosted applications (TC and Pro10) where you run FDR's in the 5.5 range...

I know I must be WAY out - so feel free to flame away!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi guys, I have searched this forum top to bottom and can't see the info I need so here goes:

Looking for some help with at least a rollout figure for my Tekin RS/SP 5.5turn 1 cell in a RC12R5.1. Running a receiver pack.

Outdoor track has laps in the 21 second range, with a 140ft straight leading into a fast sweeper, plus a technical infield.

Indoor carpet track is on an indoor sports pitch approx 95x45ft with laps in the 13 second range.

So far I have been running no motor timing, Boost of about 40 and Turbo around 10, with current limiter in the 70 range. My car is off the pace but not by a huge amount, the issue I have is I believe my Rollout is WAY to low (from 1.1 inches indoor to 1.3 outdoor!).

This stems from my background running TekinRS in 2S boosted applications (TC and Pro10) where you run FDR's in the 5.5 range...

I know I must be WAY out - so feel free to flame away!
Can't help you with the outdoor setup, and I've never run an SP motor, but for indoors I would remove the boost, add endbell timing, and roll out around 38mm

I run at a carpet track 90x45, laptimes in the low 9s, with a 4.5t, roll around 33mm, no boost

What I have found with mod motor timing
If the roll is too short, (small pinion) motor will temp higher due to high revs, esc will be cold
If the roll is too tall, motor will temp lower, esc will run hot

Optimum is when esc temp is a bit more than motor temp
Old 07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've got a question regarding using a receiver pack on my rs with a 1s lipo.
If I have the 1s lipo option ticked in the hotwire interface, do I need to remove the red wire from the plug that goes from the esc to the receiver?

From what I've figured out while reading this thread, I should be able to leave said red wire in the plug. Then connect the esc to the 1s lipo, plug the life receiver pack into a spare slot in the receiver and also turn the esc power switch ON. This will then give me lipo cutoff while the receiver pack powers the servo and electronics and the lipo powers the motor.

Can someone please confirm that this is in fact the right way of doing it. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.