Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drop the rpm low range to ~900.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

So I have been having trouble getting my RS to ramp. I dont have a Hotwire at home for me to play with and get to know. I have been having guys at my track hook me up. Its time I learn it for myself and have been slowly. The problem I have came across is setting everything up and go to pull the trigger and no ramp. Plug it back in and check everything and its fine i think. I sink the radio with the Tekin RS and again no ramp. Its not in blinky mode because its not blinking. Its just simply not going full ramp. Someone at my track said for me to do some homework that it has somthing to do with my radio settings. I have read the manual and nothing comes up for setting speed controls. I have a Futaba 3PM fasst radio if that helps any! I have also gone to the Tekin site and read up on that as well. I still dont have a clue yet. Anyone have any idea's.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
So I have been having trouble getting my RS to ramp. Anyone have any idea's.
What class are you trying to set it for Josh.
What brand motor, roll, endbell timing ?
Can you post a screen cap of your dashboard settings like this ?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Its for both my WGT and 12th scale. No I cant post the dash board because I use the Hotwire at the track. I am running about 68 roll in WGT and 35roll in mod 12th. Team Powers 13.5 in WGT and Lrp 6.5 in mod 12th. 0 degree timing for both. Thats what I heard you should keep it at. I have been reading that before calibrating your radio to the car you should have everything on your radio set to nuetral or something. We played around with my radio because I just wasn,t going fast enough. After we did that it just seems that even the little ramp that I had went away. thanks Dave!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Had a chance to work on the car today. I went through the radio and set everything to the very minimum all trims. I pluged in charged batterys and still nothing. RS just lghts up and switches to or on 1-(DB) and 4-(NW). Does the RS have to be re-set again after the radio has been re-set? This stuff is getting to me. Another thing is even before when the guys would set up the RS. Sometimes when I would get home and plug everything back in to check something ramp would be gone as well. I am looking into getting a Hotwire next week to try things at home. Also dont know if the Hotwire at the track is updated, should be though! When everything was working well it was when the big money guys would hook it up to there own computers. Still any advice or any simularities would be welcome, thanks!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default hello guys

hello all is there's anything new for the tekin rs pro ?? im running 1/10 ep touring car
Old 11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sham55
hello all is there's anything new for the tekin rs pro ?? im running 1/10 ep touring car
Check the Tekin site for any updates. You can use a 2S in touring so you don't need a booster or receiver pack which is what this thread is all about.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Its for both my WGT and 12th scale. No I cant post the dash board because I use the Hotwire at the track. I am running about 68 roll in WGT and 35roll in mod 12th. Team Powers 13.5 in WGT and Lrp 6.5 in mod 12th. 0 degree timing for both. Thats what I heard you should keep it at. I have been reading that before calibrating your radio to the car you should have everything on your radio set to nuetral or something. We played around with my radio because I just wasn,t going fast enough. After we did that it just seems that even the little ramp that I had went away. thanks Dave!
I found out my throttle profile was set to high for some reason for all my previous problems. Anyways I just installed the Hotwire at home so now I can learn how to set things up a bit and keep my own set up sheets. Can anyone give a few good profile set ups that I can try for the WGT and 12th mod listed above? thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lots of setups here: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetups/index.html
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

I have heard that the high point for the throttle setting can wander on the RS Pro and was told to set the full throttle hight point on the transmitter, and then add a couple more clicks to the value so that if it does wander slightly down on the speedo, it will still be at full throttle (hope that makes sense!). The turbo function wont work if the speedo does not hit full throttle! Something to check if nothing more mate, cheers!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The high point float is actually a radio issue, not the esc's issue. But true and it's something to verify.

IF you're not sure if you're getting full throttle on the RS simply hold full throttle to see if all led's light up and flash. Like this:

Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingman2
I have heard that the high point for the throttle setting can wander on the RS Pro and was told to set the full throttle hight point on the transmitter, and then add a couple more clicks to the value so that if it does wander slightly down on the speedo, it will still be at full throttle (hope that makes sense!). The turbo function wont work if the speedo does not hit full throttle! Something to check if nothing more mate, cheers!
Thank you, I have been looking into this as well!
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The high point float is actually a radio issue, not the esc's issue. But true and it's something to verify.

IF you're not sure if you're getting full throttle on the RS simply hold full throttle to see if all led's light up and flash. Like this:
I am getting full throttle but just not enough. I can never get enough. haha Someone should make a helpful hints thread for all transmitter and esc's!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Ran my Wgt this past weekend at a new track and was told by one of the locals that I was read the boost settings wrong? He told me that there not in degs. but that there a % of your start to end RPM settings. Is this the case and if so how do you calculate it?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Friulimotosport
Ran my Wgt this past weekend at a new track and was told by one of the locals that I was read the boost settings wrong? He told me that there not in degs. but that there a % of your start to end RPM settings. Is this the case and if so how do you calculate it?

Thanks
You were told wrong. In sensored mode it is in degrees.

Read this, it explains the whole timing thing: http://teamtekin.com/hotwire_RS.html
Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

This is where the confusion is. The timing advance setting, used in dual mode and if the sensor lead falls out, is a percentage. Boost and turbo are both in degrees.

Trev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.