Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:47 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for anyone that is suffering these 'brown-outs', has a capacitor been tried?

spektrum markets one to 'protect' the receiver from inadvertent reboots when the voltage drops. i can't say if it would work or not, but if it did, it might still be more convenient than maintaining a receiver pack.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I need some help choosing a Tekin speedo. I only race sedan (rubber tire 13.5,17.5) on asphalt and very soon carpet. I was wondering if the "RS" was better/faster for "strictly" stock rubber sedan racing compared to the "RS-Pro"?

Have any of you guys actually tried to do an A/B type of test with the two different speedo's using the same car/motor/battery combo to see which is faster for Stock racing?

Last edited by CHRIS CHAVEZ; 01-17-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: model correction
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
I need some help choosing a Tekin speedo. I only race sedan (rubber tire 13.5,17.5) on asphalt and very soon carpet. I was wondering if the R1 was better/faster for "strictly" stock rubber sedan racing compared to the R1-Pro?

Have any of you guys actually tried to do an A/B type of test with the two different speedo's using the same car/motor/battery combo to see which is faster for Stock racing?
If you are running lipo packs you should be looking at the Tekin RS line of speedos.

Bill
Old 01-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, a couple of us seem to be having a strange problem that hopefully somebody will be able to help with! I am running a 5 cell Ni-Cad, 50 mAh RX pack with my RS Pro and 10.5/LiPo. I have ran this RX pack for a couple of years and it easily lasts a 8 minute run with capacity to spare. One of the other guys runs the same setup but his RX pack is a 2c, 180mAh LiPo. At the beginning of a run, everything is fine. All the settings on the ESC work as they should do, however, for me, after around 2.5 minutes, the 'turbo' function stops working. I then stopped, and checked the RX pack, and it was completely flat. The same thing happens with my mate, just a little further into the run (higher capacity RX pack). It seems that with the drop of voltage with the 1c LiPo, it almost seems that the RX pack is being drawn on alongside the main LiPo pack. If I run a 4.8v NiMh, this does not happen at all and the RX lasts the whole race as it should! We have been baffled most of the day today trying to figure out what is going on, could anyone else have any ideas please??! Many thanks, Chris.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I need some help choosing a Tekin speedo. I only race sedan (rubber tire 13.5,17.5) on asphalt and very soon carpet. I was wondering if the RS was better/faster for "strictly" stock rubber sedan racing compared to the RS-Pro?

I have run the Pro and the regular RS in 13.5 1/12 scale and saw no difference what so ever. Unless you plan on running low turn mod motors the standard RS is fine.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I need some help choosing a Tekin speedo. I only race sedan (rubber tire 13.5,17.5) on asphalt and very soon carpet. I was wondering if the RS was better/faster for "strictly" stock rubber sedan racing compared to the RS-Pro?

Go with the Rs if you are planning on racing 13.5 and 17.5. I have ran both the RS and the RS pro in a tc spec class and thier exactly the same.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
I have run the Pro and the regular RS in 13.5 1/12 scale and saw no difference what so ever. Unless you plan on running low turn mod motors the standard RS is fine.
Seems that way at NorCal Hobbies too...
Old 01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The RS is lower and a little lighter than the Pro but the performance on a 10.5 and up would be identical.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Still Bill
If you are running lipo packs you should be looking at the Tekin RS line of speedos.

Bill
Originally Posted by SteveL
Originally Posted by Team Pink
Go with the Rs if you are planning on racing 13.5 and 17.5. I have ran both the RS and the RS pro in a tc spec class and thier exactly the same.
Originally Posted by AreCee
The RS is lower and a little lighter than the Pro but the performance on a 10.5 and up would be identical.
Thank you guys very much for this helpful information.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I was reading a few pages back and I cannot make up my mind...

I will be using a Tekin RS on my 1/12th scale with Lipo but I haven't figured out if its better to use a Booster like Novak or an additional RX Pack, if so, which pack?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu

I will be using a Tekin RS on my 1/12th scale with Lipo but I haven't figured out if its better to use a Booster like Novak or an additional RX Pack, if so, which pack?

Thanks for your help.
TQ booster is your best option.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kave
TQ booster is your best option.
i use the tq cells booster and its fine, where iv heard others fail , why have more weight and and batt to worry about. unless you plan to run mod,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for your help.
I'm using both. So far I haven't noticed any difference in performance between using the Novak Booster or the Trinity LiFe 2S. The biggest difference I found is that you have to charge the RX pack or else.....
Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks for your help.

If I were you I would get a receiver pack. I wish I did, so I wouldnt have worry about any problems when I try v203
Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I run a booster with v203 without any issues and had, read had, a receiver pack, until I fried it with a charger that decided to shoot craps. Booster is a lot less to worry about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.