Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual A/C Lipo charger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Dual A/C Lipo charger?

Im looking for a dual battery charger that is A/C, I want to charge 2 different lipo packs at the same time, an 7.4v rx pack and a 3.7v single cell pack.

I can find may chargers, but not with A/C and dual chargers?

can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You didn't say it had to be inexpensive, so here you go:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/32897
Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I do like that charger, other than the price...but that is a D/C input, im looking for an A/C input.....i want to get rid of my pwr supply, and only run 1 charger instead of two. That my ultimate goal, that should lighten up my pit bag by 10 pounds....haha

Thanks, Keep looking
Old 02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Found this one, a lot less $$ and it looks to do the job:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLCJ6&P=ML

I've never been a fan of the Superbrain chargers, but it IS an aC/DC dual output... does up to 5 amps per side...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, I just seen that one not too long ago too....

I also found this one.
http://www.electricwingman.com/graup...ancer-lcd.aspx

Im looking for a price and where i could buy it in the US, Looks like it would be easy to read with the screens split and angled.

what do you think of that one?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trips I found this one too, but i don't really like the connections, it looks like I will have to buy/build an adapter for what ever i want to connect??

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...oducts_id=2227

what do you think of that one?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

i like the graupner better, but i'm not sure you'll find it in the US. And you'd probably want to be sitting down when you find out the price in us dollars...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

HHhaa ya i like that one the best too....but im guessing i cant afford it, even if i do find a supplier in the US.

If you find any more info on that let me know.

thanks for the help trips.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

The DUAL chargers are nice, but they're basically just two chargers grafted into a single case with a button to switch between them. What about two smaller AC chargers?

I sold my Hyperion DUO (awesome) for their 0606i AC/DC since I really didn't need two chargers, and I love it. I'd just get a second one before going back to a dual, 'cause I too want to avoid carrying around a power supply. The nice thing about having two is that if you don't need both of them out, you can keep one in the box and use up less pit space.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ya i may end up doing 2 chargers but ideally i guess im looking for one unit. I will prob. be able to buy 2 chargers cheaper and end up going that route but i thought i would ask around and see what other people are using.

thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you go two chargers the Onyx230 x2 would be good. Cheap and they are very light.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

from the firs post in the thread, I assume it's for a 1/12 Lipo and receiver pack combo..

If that IS the case, I'll tell you how I'm going to deal with it... I'm jsut going to use my regular LiPO charger (thunder power 610) for the 3.7 pack, and I'm going to use a little Losi wall wart charger for the receiver pack. The receiver pack I'll be using is the Losi 180mah Micro T Lipo. I'm only adding the little wall wart to my gear load... it should easily top off the 180mah rx pack between runs.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0862

All it needs is a proper plug to go into the receiver and a matching plug on the wall wart.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HERE is another place that has the Graupner "cheaper" but it is still across the pond and probably expensive after the monetary conversion.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The Graupner UDP 50 is in fact a very nice charger, just received mine a couple weeks back. I ordered from http://store.modelpower.co.uk/graupn...s-50-296-p.asp and was a smooth transaction. In fact the only problem was dealing with DHL once it got inside the US.

The VAT will not be charged which is shown in the price. I paid $408.00, $75 of it was shipping, however it takes 2-3 business days to receive in IL. pretty quick...

To use as ac you'll only need a pc power cable, it comes with the JST XH balancer, balancer cable, 2 different temp sensors, alligator clips for 12v use, usb cable and other documentation. You can purchase additional balance adapters through A-main. I would suggest getting another balance cable from the distributor though.

I compared this to the Hyperion Duo II and Bantam BC8DX. The Graupner UDP 50 is the only 1 that will do 10 amp charge/ discharge simultaneously. To get the absolute most out of the charger you would need a sizeable P/S. It also updateable through a PC.

I found the following link helpfull. http://www.rokemodell.de/x-int/gb/pr...r/gr6444gb.htm

HTH's
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info, Its good to hear someone else is using one of these..haha