Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Havok 17.5 ss system

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Default Novak Havok 17.5 ss system

Its only $150 on amain. If I'm only planning to run stock 4 cell is this system as good as the more expensive setups? (GTB and Velocity 17.5)

If the higher end stuff is stil better I'll wait for the new Lrp Esc to come out. In the mean time I'll run an old GT7 esc and Trinity stock motor I have sitting on the shelf.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I seriously doubt it'll be as good as the more expensive setups. There's even a slight but noticable difference between the GTB and Sphere Comp. so I'll be shocked if the Havoc is as good as the new LRP performance wise. Also, if you're thinking about this for 1/12th I'd check to be sure it'll fit under 1/12th scale bodies, because it sure doesn't look like it would.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Think of it this way. The Havoc is basically the sport version of the GTB.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

so do you guys think it is a good starter set up
Old 02-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

its the perfect starter setup, especially for the price. Cant go wrong for a full brushless system at that price. The performance difference should not be as noticible if running on 6 cells or 7.4lipo, not sure about 4-cell.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

I have been running the Havoc 17.5 combo in 1/12 scale. It will fit under a speed 8 body but it uses all the space both height and the side of the chassis. No problem with 4 cell or 1S lipo. It's a little easier to program than the GT7. The sysem works extremely well as delivered.

The only issues I have had is that the Novak ESC is not compatible with some brands of sensored brushless motors and that there is no info on timing the Novak motor online. The timing seems to turning the yellow ring indedpendant of everything else and guessing how far.

If you want to use other brands of motors spend the extra on a Tekin RS. It works with every motor I've tried.