R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Best tracks in the country?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/27353-best-tracks-country.html)

birdy233 11-08-2003 07:58 PM

Best tracks in the country??

I know I have been to several around the midwest and wanted to get everyones thoughts on what you think is the best track around. If anyone that wants to race in what I believe will be the most premier race facility in the country, check out www.mikeshobbyshop.com Mike just bought new 51,000 sq ft building that will house 2 indoor tracks, running carpet and dirt ovals, touring car, off road, and in the spring nitro outdoors as well. Mike's will have monitors at each pit table to give race results, a kids play center, a racer lounge with tv's, grandstand for spectators and of course a full service hobby shop. Mike's rocks!!! 2 weeks until the new tracks open!!

JusBox 11-08-2003 08:07 PM

Must be nice... seeing how i live in VA it's tough to go to Texas every weekend. :D

R/C Anonymous 11-08-2003 08:34 PM

www.roadragehobbyspeedway.com local track here its nice...great facility great prices....great people...;)

pro3racer 11-08-2003 09:51 PM

nice geoff, nice. RR is a great track, but not a best track in the nation. I would have to say trackside hobbies is the best. Go to www.trackside.com The indoor carpet that holds numerous national races every year. A dirt track that is just plain awsome. And all the obvious stuff. Getting over 70 people weekly, isn't going to happen at any mediocure track.This thread is actually going to end up with people talking about there home tracks.

MDawson 11-08-2003 11:38 PM

My vote goes to SpeedWorld in Sacramento, CA and Tamiya America in Aliso Viejo, CA.

I have not had the chance to visit yet, but Competition in Arizona looks great on paper.

JusBox 11-09-2003 12:01 AM

Well in defense of my area, the tiltyard is about 20 minutes from me as is a really nice track in linville, va. www.linvillehobbies.com

nick b. 11-09-2003 07:57 PM

i race at socal rc race way right next to the AE head quaters and i hear that if you race there that you go up one class every where else

SpeedTech 11-09-2003 08:40 PM

Originally posted by MDawson
My vote goes to SpeedWorld in Sacramento, CA and Tamiya America in Aliso Viejo, CA.

I have not had the chance to visit yet, but Competition in Arizona looks great on paper.

I second that vote, but really nice elevation change on that linville, va. track :nod:

nick b.,

don't believe everything you hear ;)

Steve Wang

Matt Howard 11-09-2003 09:50 PM

well it's official, speedworld raceway is the best track because it has two votes from people that aren't even locals;) I've race at tracks all over the country thanks to my military career and speedworld is the best so far

Roger 11-09-2003 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, that track in Va. looks sweet. Here's a photo I found of a track:

kansasracer 11-09-2003 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK,

I'll jump on the bandwagon....

www.fastlanehobbies.com

The outdoor track is where it's at....

James Nguyen 11-09-2003 11:06 PM

SPEEDWORLD!

mo 11-10-2003 08:50 AM