R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #1231
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
are you running stand-up or lay-down front shocks?? If you're running stand-up, lay the shock on the inner most hole, that will make the fronts 'harder' and force more weight on the rear shocks....you can also try standing the rears all the way out (outter most hole), this 'softens' the rear shock

i gotta look at mine again, but i know i was running the hardest of the option springs in the front, and the softest rear spring - but then did a little 'experimenting' and was able to go the blue spriings in the front and grey in the rear....i'll try to go over mine and give you the setup - i think it worked really well
Moving the shocks out actually makes the suspension stiffer, not softer, front or back. In fact, standing the rear shock up (outter hole) induces steering, standing the front shock up (outter hole) reduces steering on asphalt.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #1232
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Moving the shocks out actually makes the suspension stiffer, not softer, front or back. In fact, standing the rear shock up (outter hole) induces steering, standing the front shock up (outter hole) reduces steering on asphalt.
not that I doubt you but i've always been told the opposite
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #1233
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
not that I doubt you but i've always been told the opposite
Well, they got some 'exsplanin' to do to you then

Check out page 31, bottom column as evidence to what I'm saying;
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525

This is a great tuning guide for all racers- including Cup Racers
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #1234
Tech Adept
 
Callahan_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 187
Default



Got my second Cup Racer yesterday!

Does sombody have an racewinning setup for indoor carpet racing?
__________________
Go big or go home! :)
Callahan_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #1235
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Worth repeating... it's a winning set up...
Hey Mike, do you have some part #'s for the tires and rims your talking about?
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #1236
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Exotek mini wing- a must
What "wing" would that be, Mike? Gotta link???
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #1237
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8 View Post
Hey Mike, do you have some part #'s for the tires and rims your talking about?
Contact Alan at http://store.hkshobby.com and ask for the Atomic tires and rims. He has the good tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
What "wing" would that be, Mike? Gotta link???
Sure, http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...rc18r-wing.cfm
Mounts up nicely on any flat surface and the perfect width
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #1238
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Almost forgot! Another good tire (a close 2nd to the Atomics) is the ABC Hobby slick;

http://www.abchobbyusa.com/tiresandwheels.aspx

They are good guys there and super helpful.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #1239
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Default

hey there im new to this forumand was wondering if someone can help me with my front camber problem on my cr.every time i set my front upper arms to the same length via calipers the right side comes out to -1deg. and the left is -2deg. ive racked my brain over this for weeks thinking somethings broken or cracked or maybe its a manufacturing flaw.so far theres nothing broken or flaws that i can see. has anybody else had this problem or have a cure for this would be greatly appriciated
muddslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1240
Tech Fanatic
 
redmike76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddslinger View Post
hey there im new to this forumand was wondering if someone can help me with my front camber problem on my cr.every time i set my front upper arms to the same length via calipers the right side comes out to -1deg. and the left is -2deg. ive racked my brain over this for weeks thinking somethings broken or cracked or maybe its a manufacturing flaw.so far theres nothing broken or flaws that i can see. has anybody else had this problem or have a cure for this would be greatly appriciated
I had to put an extra washer in my front right upper to get the camber even with the left.
redmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #1241
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
Default

thanx redmike76 i actually did the same thing.i was just curious to see if all kits were the same or if it was just me. does anyone no if abc's rear turnbuckles will work on the cr,would make it alot easier to adjust rear camber?
muddslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #1242
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Sure, http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...rc18r-wing.cfm
Mounts up nicely on any flat surface and the perfect width

Are you guys using that wing on pretty much all the body styles, leaving them clear?
I know my 510 is kind of "skate-ey" sans-wing. Was thinking of a body change, but if that would cure it it would be cool.
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #1243
Tech Rookie
 
RyanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
Default A Question for those who have built the Porsche RSR

A few points that I haven't seen covered before when using the Porsche RSR body:

1. Lay Down or Stand Up Shock position? (pg 18-19)
2. Lay Down or Stand Up Servo position? (pg 24)
3. Spacer under steering posts? (pg 15)
4. Spacer under rear gear case? (pg 21)

I thought these might be covered in the instruction manual for the body, but not so.

Thanks!
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #1244
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FLA
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Sure, http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...rc18r-wing.cfm
Mounts up nicely on any flat surface and the perfect width
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdude View Post
Are you guys using that wing on pretty much all the body styles, leaving them clear?
I know my 510 is kind of "skate-ey" sans-wing. Was thinking of a body change, but if that would cure it it would be cool.
wow, this thread is dead?
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1245
Tech Adept
 
Callahan_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
A few points that I haven't seen covered before when using the Porsche RSR body:

1. Lay Down or Stand Up Shock position? (pg 18-19)
2. Lay Down or Stand Up Servo position? (pg 24)
3. Spacer under steering posts? (pg 15)
4. Spacer under rear gear case? (pg 21)

I thought these might be covered in the instruction manual for the body, but not so.

Thanks!




If you look at my picture i think you can se that it works both ways on the shocks!
And the servo is lay down on mine!
__________________
Go big or go home! :)
Callahan_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0