R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #1201
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat-Boy View Post
is there spool for cup racer? thanks.
not in as many words, BUT the spool for the Pro4 (with the Pro4 gear) will work on the Cup Racer...

The outdrives will need a 'little work' so that the top of the CVDs fit in without binding

I ran one in mine for a while - but ended up liking the gear diff in the front better
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #1202
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20
Default

does this kit come with a bumper? mine should arrive soon and think i will need one if it doesn't come with one.
cydog510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #1203
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydog510 View Post
does this kit come with a bumper? mine should arrive soon and think i will need one if it doesn't come with one.
yea, it comes with a foam front bumper...

but it will probably need to be cut to fit - i know i had to cut mine down to fit under the 510 body...not sure about the datsun or the toyota
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #1204
Tech Fanatic
 
redmike76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default CR Shocks

I finally ordered my CR and I was wondering what upgrades I should consider for the future. I see Exotek has a nice chassis set, and I've read here that the Hot Racing Axle cups are really nice to have too. Anything else that should be upgraded?

Are the stock shocks pretty good, or is there something better to be had? I see there's a HPI threaded set, but for $70 it seems a little expensive. Will a set of AE TC4 shocks fit?

Oh, one last thing. What spares should I pick up for my pit bag if I plan to race?

Thanks in advance!

Craig
redmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #1205
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post
I finally ordered my CR and I was wondering what upgrades I should consider for the future. I see Exotek has a nice chassis set, and I've read here that the Hot Racing Axle cups are really nice to have too. Anything else that should be upgraded?

Are the stock shocks pretty good, or is there something better to be had? I see there's a HPI threaded set, but for $70 it seems a little expensive. Will a set of AE TC4 shocks fit?

Oh, one last thing. What spares should I pick up for my pit bag if I plan to race?

Thanks in advance!

Craig
the Hot Racing axels are VERY nice to have - no more loosing the 3m locknut that the stock axels make you put in there

as far as the shocks, just order the HPI threaded shock bodies - same internals as the 'full' shock kits, just the threaded aluminum body...That's that route I went - its also much cheaper then buying the 'full' HPI threaded shocks
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #1206
Tech Fanatic
 
redmike76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
the Hot Racing axels are VERY nice to have - no more loosing the 3m locknut that the stock axels make you put in there

as far as the shocks, just order the HPI threaded shock bodies - same internals as the 'full' shock kits, just the threaded aluminum body...That's that route I went - its also much cheaper then buying the 'full' HPI threaded shocks
I assume you need to also order the rings for them?

87071 (x1) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPIC2974&P=K

and

87070 (x2) ? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXXZV8&P=K
redmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #1207
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post
I assume you need to also order the rings for them?

87071 (x1) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPIC2974&P=K

and

87070 (x2) ? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXXZV8&P=K
that would be correct...except, I'd order them from here:

https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/vie...7070+catid%3A1 - shock bodies (x2)

https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/vie...ut_4_cup_racer - adjuster nut

plus myatomic gives you free shipping on orders $25 or more
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #1208
Tech Fanatic
 
redmike76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the tip on myatomic!

I have another question too

What tires (HPI or other) are best for high traction carpet for the CR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
that would be correct...except, I'd order them from here:

https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/vie...7070+catid%3A1 - shock bodies (x2)

https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/vie...ut_4_cup_racer - adjuster nut

plus myatomic gives you free shipping on orders $25 or more
redmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #1209
Tech Fanatic
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Mike Ridwell from Exotek on his 1st place win in the ABC Series #5 race and his 2nd place win for the Atomic Series #2 race all in one day. Awesome driving Mike and see u in round 6 of the ABC series!
__________________
Carl F.
ACTIVRC.COM P1BRAND
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #1210
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF0623 View Post
Congrats to Mike Ridwell from Exotek on his 1st place win in the ABC Series #5 race and his 2nd place win for the Atomic Series #2 race all in one day. Awesome driving Mike and see u in round 6 of the ABC series!
way to go Mike...I love my Exotek chassis, just wish I had better durability with mine at the NJ HPI Challenge
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #1211
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,914
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!! Lovin the versatility of the Cup Racer! Short wheel base for the ABC series and long wheelbase for the Atomic modified series! Except I was starting to get burned out swapping between the two every round
I should have won that Atomic race too I think, doh! It was like 1 Cup racer vs 8 Atomics- too fun!

See you at the next round Carl. BCRaceway is going to be good times!
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #1212
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

need some setup recommendations for this car.

mine was handling really bad on carpet. carpet didn't have much traction even with traction compound.

would upright shocks be better for handling? it seems front is really stiff with lay down shock setup.

if anyone can give setup recommendations like springs, ride height, droop that be great.

I have stock car with spring set and sway bar set as my tuning.
__________________
Z01B | Xerun 150A 2000kv | Hitec | Desire-power 6S LiPo
Z01T | Tekin RX8 1700kv | Hitec | Desire-power 6S LiPo
Support your LHS, Al's Hobby, Elmhurst
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #1213
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,914
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilchrist View Post
need some setup recommendations for this car.

mine was handling really bad on carpet. carpet didn't have much traction even with traction compound.

would upright shocks be better for handling? it seems front is really stiff with lay down shock setup.

if anyone can give setup recommendations like springs, ride height, droop that be great.

I have stock car with spring set and sway bar set as my tuning.
What tires, inserts, car set up and traction compound are you using?
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #1214
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

forgot the name compound. come in a black can that looks like acetone.

stock insert and stock tires. Gonna pick up the HPI Xtreds though for tires.

currently running gold springs all around, 20W shock oil all around. what everl diff fluid that came with the car. Black sway bars front and back.


I just need a base setup for carpet so I can go from there.


BTW. is there a one way diff for front?
__________________
Z01B | Xerun 150A 2000kv | Hitec | Desire-power 6S LiPo
Z01T | Tekin RX8 1700kv | Hitec | Desire-power 6S LiPo
Support your LHS, Al's Hobby, Elmhurst
devilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #1215
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,914
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilchrist View Post
forgot the name compound. come in a black can that looks like acetone.

stock insert and stock tires. Gonna pick up the HPI Xtreds though for tires.

currently running gold springs all around, 20W shock oil all around. what everl diff fluid that came with the car. Black sway bars front and back.


I just need a base setup for carpet so I can go from there.


BTW. is there a one way diff for front?
Paragon is a good choice but the stock tires are your main culprit. Get you some good race slicks. The Atomic tires are working great for me along with their inserts. HPI X pattern might be ok as long as they are belted and have a good compound mix.

Front,
pink spring
70wt oil
3 hole piston
hpi shock tower outer hole
spacer under upper inner links
heavy spring in the diff
lower inner hinge pins angled up (anti dive)
5mm ride ht
1 deg camber

Rear,
Gold spring
30wt oil
3 hole piston
hpi shock tower inner hole
upper inner link in lower hole
medium tight diff
stock lower inner hinge mount
5mm ride ht
1.5deg camber

Remove the sway bars until you feel your car is dialed. Once the car is working perfect you can then add sway bars. I never use them though.
Long wheel base= more stable (pushy)
Short wheelbase = quick turn in (twitchy mid corner)
Exotek mini wing- a must
CRX chassis = DIALED!


Good luck! Mike
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0