R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #1021
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com

Orange County but...checked both part numbers and showed in stock

Andy, thank you.

It's a little ways from the Pasadena area, but worth the drive....

Regards,
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #1022
Tech Master
 
speedracer1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,023
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
silly question - did you built the diff with the screw in the correct way?? If you build it with the diff screw in 'backwards', then it will loosen when it runs

Hmmmm...............I would like to say yes but I guess anything is possible!! I am assuming you are referring to the long main screw that holds the diff together correct??

I will have to check it out again......Good point!!
__________________
Want to know how to have better health tailored just for you?? Visit www.mygenewize.com/lchirino
speedracer1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #1023
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1129 View Post
Hmmmm...............I would like to say yes but I guess anything is possible!! I am assuming you are referring to the long main screw that holds the diff together correct??

I will have to check it out again......Good point!!
that would be correct!
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #1024
Shop Owner
 
rcmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,995
Default

Dear all cup racer fans,

Cup Racer parts have just arrived rcMart, check out the following list for any parts that you need.

100629 HPI (#100629) MX60 T-Drift (60×25mm) Tire For Cup Racer (2pcs)
100630 HPI (#100630) MX60 Slick Tire (60×26mm) for SWitch/Cup Racer (2pcs)
85267 HPI (#85267) CR Gear Box Set A For Cup Racer
85269 HPI (#85269) CR Diff. Outdrive Set For Cup Racer
85270 HPI (#85270) CR Hub Carrier Set For Cup Racer (2sets)
85271 HPI (#85271) CR Spur Gear Cover Set For Cup Racer
85274 HPI (#85274) Bumper Set For HPI Cup Racer
85277 HPI (#85277) Body Mounting Set For HPI Cup Racer For Cup Racer (2pcs)
85278 HPI (#85278) Servo / Shock Tower / Rocker Mount For Cup Racer
85279 HPI (#85279) Front Body Mount & Wheel Hub Set For Cup Racer
85280 HPI (#85280) CR Suspension Arm Set For Cup Racer (2sets)
85281 HPI (#85281) CR Steering Parts Set For Cup Racer
85282 HPI (#85282) CR Shock Parts Set For Cup Racer
85284 HPI (#85284) CR Gear Box Set B/Chassis Spacer For Cup Racer
85285 HPI (#85285) CR Axle Shaft For Cup Racer (4pcs)
86014 HPI (#86014) Gear Diff Bevel Gears 13 & 10T
86180 HPI (#86180) CR Diff. Shaft (9.8×24.7mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86194 HPI (#86194) CR Spur Gear Hub For Cup Racer
86219 HPI (#86219) CR Spur Gear Hub Nut For Cup Racer
86220 HPI (#86220) CR King Pin Ball (4pcs) For Cup Racer
86262 HPI (#86262) CR Suspension Shaft For Cup Racer (2pcs)
86263 HPI (#86263) CR Steering Linkage Shaft (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86264 HPI (#86264) CR Sus. Shaft (3×29mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86265 HPI (#86265) CR Sus. Shaft (3×44mm) (4pcs) For Cup Racer
86335 HPI (#86335) CR Steering Post for Cup Racer (2pcs)
86351 HPI (#86351) CR Step Screw For Cup Racer
86392 HPI (#86392) CR Diff. Screw (M2×32mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86985 HPI (#86985) Wheel Washer for Switch/Cup Racer (4pcs)
86992 HPI (#86992) CR Sus. Mount B (38mm) (OR) For Cup Racer
86998 HPI (#86998) CR Bevel Gear (16T) For Cup Racer
86999 HPI (#86999) CR Bevel Gear 39T (Ball Diff.) For Cup Racer
87064 HPI (#87064) CR Diff. D-Cut Ring (13.8×21mm) (4pcs) For Cup Racer
87170 HPI (#87170) CR Rear Shock Tower (Woven Graphite/3mm) For Cup Racer
87274 HPI (#87274) CR Steering Plate A For Cup Racer
87315 HPI (#87315) CR Diff. Gear Case Set (39T) For Cup Racer
87318 HPI (#87318) CR Shock Spring Set (Soft) For Cup Racer
87320 HPI (#87320) CR Shock Spring Set (Hard) For Cup Racer
87591 HPI (#87591) CR Gear Diff. Adjust Spring Set For Cup Racer
87594 HPI (#87594) CR Servo Saver Set for Cup Racer
__________________
Your RC Mega online shopping mall
Fast worldwide delivery & low shipping rates
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
URL: www.rcMart.com
RSS: www.rcmart.com/blog/
FB: www.facebook.com/rcmart
Twitter: twitter.com/rcmart
Google+: www.google.com/+rcmart
rcmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #1025
Tech Adept
 
Coldn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 115
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Coldn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmart View Post
Dear all cup racer fans,

Cup Racer parts have just arrived rcMart, check out the following list for any parts that you need.

100629 HPI (#100629) MX60 T-Drift (60×25mm) Tire For Cup Racer (2pcs)
100630 HPI (#100630) MX60 Slick Tire (60×26mm) for SWitch/Cup Racer (2pcs)
85267 HPI (#85267) CR Gear Box Set A For Cup Racer
85269 HPI (#85269) CR Diff. Outdrive Set For Cup Racer
85270 HPI (#85270) CR Hub Carrier Set For Cup Racer (2sets)
85271 HPI (#85271) CR Spur Gear Cover Set For Cup Racer
85274 HPI (#85274) Bumper Set For HPI Cup Racer
85277 HPI (#85277) Body Mounting Set For HPI Cup Racer For Cup Racer (2pcs)
85278 HPI (#85278) Servo / Shock Tower / Rocker Mount For Cup Racer
85279 HPI (#85279) Front Body Mount & Wheel Hub Set For Cup Racer
85280 HPI (#85280) CR Suspension Arm Set For Cup Racer (2sets)
85281 HPI (#85281) CR Steering Parts Set For Cup Racer
85282 HPI (#85282) CR Shock Parts Set For Cup Racer
85284 HPI (#85284) CR Gear Box Set B/Chassis Spacer For Cup Racer
85285 HPI (#85285) CR Axle Shaft For Cup Racer (4pcs)
86014 HPI (#86014) Gear Diff Bevel Gears 13 & 10T
86180 HPI (#86180) CR Diff. Shaft (9.8×24.7mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86194 HPI (#86194) CR Spur Gear Hub For Cup Racer
86219 HPI (#86219) CR Spur Gear Hub Nut For Cup Racer
86220 HPI (#86220) CR King Pin Ball (4pcs) For Cup Racer
86262 HPI (#86262) CR Suspension Shaft For Cup Racer (2pcs)
86263 HPI (#86263) CR Steering Linkage Shaft (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86264 HPI (#86264) CR Sus. Shaft (3×29mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86265 HPI (#86265) CR Sus. Shaft (3×44mm) (4pcs) For Cup Racer
86335 HPI (#86335) CR Steering Post for Cup Racer (2pcs)
86351 HPI (#86351) CR Step Screw For Cup Racer
86392 HPI (#86392) CR Diff. Screw (M2×32mm) (2pcs) For Cup Racer
86985 HPI (#86985) Wheel Washer for Switch/Cup Racer (4pcs)
86992 HPI (#86992) CR Sus. Mount B (38mm) (OR) For Cup Racer
86998 HPI (#86998) CR Bevel Gear (16T) For Cup Racer
86999 HPI (#86999) CR Bevel Gear 39T (Ball Diff.) For Cup Racer
87064 HPI (#87064) CR Diff. D-Cut Ring (13.8×21mm) (4pcs) For Cup Racer
87170 HPI (#87170) CR Rear Shock Tower (Woven Graphite/3mm) For Cup Racer
87274 HPI (#87274) CR Steering Plate A For Cup Racer
87315 HPI (#87315) CR Diff. Gear Case Set (39T) For Cup Racer
87318 HPI (#87318) CR Shock Spring Set (Soft) For Cup Racer
87320 HPI (#87320) CR Shock Spring Set (Hard) For Cup Racer
87591 HPI (#87591) CR Gear Diff. Adjust Spring Set For Cup Racer
87594 HPI (#87594) CR Servo Saver Set for Cup Racer
owww!!

this is a good reason to buy one...
__________________
Cyclone TC - Futaba 3PM Fasst
Speed Passio GT2.0 - MMM 10.5t
Nanotech 6000mah
Coldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #1026
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just got the newest RC DRIVER, and there is a 240Z in it. Any one from here?

Nice copper/orange color. Not a fan of the decals over the paint on the side.

But still NICE.

Here is a WIP of mine. This was a few weeks ago.
Bodywerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #1027
Tech Master
 
speedracer1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,023
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
that would be correct!

Nope, everything was done as per instructions. I retightened it a few turns again and will test it out to see if it gets better or not....
__________________
Want to know how to have better health tailored just for you?? Visit www.mygenewize.com/lchirino
speedracer1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #1028
Tech Fanatic
 
redmike76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 939
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Cup Racer gear question

Quick question for you Cup Racer guys. Does the Cup Racer use a regular 48P spur gear? The reason I ask is because I'm looking to see if anyone makes a 65T 48P spur gear, and my searches led me to the Cup Racer's spur.

I just need to know if it's the regular 48P (compatible with AE, etc) and if it has the standard mounting holes that a Kimbrough or Robinson spur gear would have.

Thanks guys.
redmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #1029
Tech Elite
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl
Default

yes they are this anoying loud Weeeeeee 48p lol.

Does any one know how i can get more suspension travel out of the Cup ?
Want to turn it into a rally LOL
__________________
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #1030
Tech Master
 
speedracer1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,023
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post
Quick question for you Cup Racer guys. Does the Cup Racer use a regular 48P spur gear? The reason I ask is because I'm looking to see if anyone makes a 65T 48P spur gear, and my searches led me to the Cup Racer's spur.

I just need to know if it's the regular 48P (compatible with AE, etc) and if it has the standard mounting holes that a Kimbrough or Robinson spur gear would have.

Thanks guys.

All 48P is the same. The mounting holes between manufacturer may be different but I have personally never ran into not being able to mount a spur gear from brand x into car y yet.....
__________________
Want to know how to have better health tailored just for you?? Visit www.mygenewize.com/lchirino
speedracer1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #1031
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post
Quick question for you Cup Racer guys. Does the Cup Racer use a regular 48P spur gear? The reason I ask is because I'm looking to see if anyone makes a 65T 48P spur gear, and my searches led me to the Cup Racer's spur.

I just need to know if it's the regular 48P (compatible with AE, etc) and if it has the standard mounting holes that a Kimbrough or Robinson spur gear would have.

Thanks guys.

It is basically a regular Xenon spur gear in the CR.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #1032
Tech Master
 
speedracer1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,023
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1129 View Post
Nope, everything was done as per instructions. I retightened it a few turns again and will test it out to see if it gets better or not....

OK. tested it out last night and it ran much better!! I guess this diff likes to be torqued....
__________________
Want to know how to have better health tailored just for you?? Visit www.mygenewize.com/lchirino
speedracer1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #1033
Tech Elite
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,151
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Kit Specs

What is the difference between the Regular CupRacer kit and the Drift kit? Just body and Tires? I dont want to drift.. But i would like to have a CupRacer now.. Local Hobbystore has a Drift kit on the shelf, but i dont want to have to buy gobs of parts just to convert it for Asphalt Racing..
__________________
•KO Propo America
•EXOTEK
OSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #1034
Tech Fanatic
 
CSF0623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSherman View Post
What is the difference between the Regular CupRacer kit and the Drift kit? Just body and Tires? I dont want to drift.. But i would like to have a CupRacer now.. Local Hobbystore has a Drift kit on the shelf, but i dont want to have to buy gobs of parts just to convert it for Asphalt Racing..
Orlando, your correct on the differences with the kits. I have a drift kit I bought from a friend and just slapped on some rubber tires and a 210mm body and off to the track!
__________________
Carl F.
ACTIVRC.COM • P1BRAND
CSF0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #1035
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

ORLANDO- Something to watch for is the stock racing tires a little funky and probably are more for show than go. Some good race slicks are in order. 60mm tires look best w/ the HPI Bodies. The ABC Hobby 55mm tires work pretty good but they look too small matched w/ an HPI body which is why most of us are running ABC Hobby type bodies
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...

Last edited by MikeR; 08-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0