R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #856
Tech Regular
 
Clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sydney
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

nice collection there five&dime
__________________
Bro-Kin racing, Castle Hill Raceway
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #857
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 41
Default

I recognize the one from your sig from Japanese Nostalgic car or whatever it is. Is that yours??!!!
five&dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #858
Tech Regular
 
Clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sydney
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five&dime View Post
I recognize the one from your sig from Japanese Nostalgic car or whatever it is. Is that yours??!!!
no but that's where a found the pic. the last datsun i had was a 4 door
1600 as we call them in Oz, it was running a FJ20 turbo set-up, wish i still had it now
__________________
Bro-Kin racing, Castle Hill Raceway
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #859
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default exquisite.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by five&dime View Post
Finally got my good lens back from Canon. A guy from a German RC mag asked me to take these for publication.
1555Racing
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #860
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All,

I will have the website updated this week. Laptop that I do web updates power chord took a dump Will have set ups on the web page also, for now I'll tell you the shocks are Cyclone shocks front and back with 12lb springs in back and super beefy 22lb or something like that in front. No upside down shocks

What is included in the conversion is in the first pick. Should be around $79.95, cheaper then the HPI Carbon set Will be available sometime later this week!

Thanks,

Mike

CRX...
Cool! I'll probably get one too. How much spacers did you use to get those cyclone shocks in? I have a spare TRF one lying around and ran out of springs to play with... and that some lipo packs still won't fit the stock chassis.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #861
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Cool! I'll probably get one too. How much spacers did you use to get those cyclone shocks in? I have a spare TRF one lying around and ran out of springs to play with... and that some lipo packs still won't fit the stock chassis.
Front top has like 8mm, all the rest about 1mm. Can't space the front bottom too far out or the wheels could rub when turning. Tamiya shocks should work well. They have a small spring diameter. Any standard lipo will fit the CRX chassis. I opt for the lowest mah pack as it helps balance the car better. With a short wheelbase that I have to run, a heavy pack messes up the handling. It seems to make the weight bias too much towards the rear. I try to position as much weight as I can to the front to keep the car more stable through corners. Hope that helps!
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #862
Tech Initiate
 
live2crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: mississauga,ontario canada
Posts: 45
Send a message via MSN to live2crawl
Default

this is what i would like to add, cup racer rockin' some 1.9 tamiya drift specs.













now some with the mini revo :P







thanks for looking. BTW the wheels/tires on the cupracer are tamiya 1.9 driftspec's
__________________
www.rccontario.ca
www.rc4wd.com

Last edited by live2crawl; 07-21-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: forgot the pics
live2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #863
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Front top has like 8mm, all the rest about 1mm. Can't space the front bottom too far out or the wheels could rub when turning. Tamiya shocks should work well. They have a small spring diameter. Any standard lipo will fit the CRX chassis. I opt for the lowest mah pack as it helps balance the car better. With a short wheelbase that I have to run, a heavy pack messes up the handling. It seems to make the weight bias too much towards the rear. I try to position as much weight as I can to the front to keep the car more stable through corners. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info. Is that a 210mm wheel base you are using?
I was about give this car the axe with the lack of aftermarket support and the weak drivetrain. Well I fixed the drivetrain issue with the 18R pins(never broke it yet after numerous crashes). I am leaning toward getting this conversion and the front graphite shock tower so I have a better geometry to play with(front is too soft imo). Great racing btw
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #864
Tech Adept
 
Callahan_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 187
Default















__________________
Go big or go home! :)
Callahan_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #865
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default Which Mamba might that be.

That car must be wicked??
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #866
Tech Regular
 
LT280z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 356
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Can you get clear bodies for the CR cars? I am wanting to paint one up like my real Z.
LT280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #867
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Thanks for the info. Is that a 210mm wheel base you are using?
I was about give this car the axe with the lack of aftermarket support and the weak drivetrain. Well I fixed the drivetrain issue with the 18R pins(never broke it yet after numerous crashes). I am leaning toward getting this conversion and the front graphite shock tower so I have a better geometry to play with(front is too soft imo). Great racing btw
Yes, 210mm. Our local rules restrict us to that. My pins have been holding up great also. Still would like a hardened metal gear eventually.
That's the great thing of this being an HPI- there will ALWAYS be aftermarket support for it, just give the new car some time.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #868
Tech Adept
 
Callahan_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 187
Default

All the cup racer bodies come clear!
Itīs an kit not an RTR!
__________________
Go big or go home! :)
Callahan_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #869
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Default

Any idea of when there will be a harder compound tire comming out? The soft ones(the only one avalible) wear fast on the asphalt.
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #870
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default Looks like GPM Racing has entered the Cup Racer hop up race....

you can find them on an ebay search....
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0