R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #706
Tech Rookie
 
Yama86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Here's mine. Just a basher. I'm not planning on doing any racing with it.
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-01.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-02.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-03.jpg   HPI Cup Racer 1M-04.jpg  
Yama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #707
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama86 View Post
Here's mine. Just a basher. I'm not planning on doing any racing with it.
looks nice...

how are the new shocks?? are they HPI's or HotRacing's??

the shock towers look nice I smell an order upcoming
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #708
Tech Rookie
 
Yama86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
looks nice...
how are the new shocks?? are they HPI's or HotRacing's??
the shock towers look nice I smell an order upcoming
Those are the HPI shock bodies (87070) with the shock spring adjusters (87071). I don't have alot of time on the new shocks just yet but so far so good. No leaking, easy to build, and being able to do quick adjustments without those crappy spacers is real nice.

I was impressed with the CF on the towers and deck. Real nice quality stuff. Maybe that's why HPI charges an arm and a leg for it

Now I just need to get my hands on a turnbuckle for my steering....
Yama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #709
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,299
Default

ouch, you paid the HPI website price? Sad to hear that the only ones carrying the parts are HPI themselves...
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #710
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama86 View Post
Those are the HPI shock bodies (87070) with the shock spring adjusters (87071). I don't have alot of time on the new shocks just yet but so far so good. No leaking, easy to build, and being able to do quick adjustments without those crappy spacers is real nice.

I was impressed with the CF on the towers and deck. Real nice quality stuff. Maybe that's why HPI charges an arm and a leg for it

Now I just need to get my hands on a turnbuckle for my steering....
Nicely done, looks like everyone's going LIPO. The Hot Racing shocks work and look great as well -$$....

Last edited by 1555Racing; 06-26-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: misspelling
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #711
Tech Adept
 
tsais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default very nicely painted body

very good paint job on the body, you make me want one of those bodies too. I have the Z body.
tsais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #712
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Default

WHat are a good set of threaded shocks to get for the cup?
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #713
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8 View Post
WHat are a good set of threaded shocks to get for the cup?
Thank you.
I did not make the comparison, however, the HR threaded shocks are a great improvement over the stock shocks and half the price of HPI's.
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #714
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Cool Hot Racing Rear Hubs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
Thank you.
I did not make the comparison, however, the HR threaded shocks are a great improvement over the stock shocks and half the price of HPI's.
I'm on my second set of HR rear hubs! The set screw will not fit the pre-threaded hole. I know I using the right size screw. Anyone else experience this issue with HR rear hubs?
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #715
Tech Master
 
BIG DADDY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Posts: 1,537
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
Thank you.
I did not make the comparison, however, the HR threaded shocks are a great improvement over the stock shocks and half the price of HPI's.
This might sound stupid but what are "HR" shocks? Where can i find them?
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #716
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DADDY8 View Post
This might sound stupid but what are "HR" shocks? Where can i find them?
HR is Hot Racing, and here is the link

http://www.hot-racing.com/?c=467
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 AM   #717
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default HR = Hot Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
HR is Hot Racing, and here is the link

http://www.hot-racing.com/?c=467
There are also a couple of distributors that I've order the Hot Racing products. Ebay and Liquidrc and Hobbyetc have them at a more reasonable pricing.
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #718
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
I'm on my second set of HR rear hubs! The set screw will not fit the pre-threaded hole. I know I using the right size screw. Anyone else experience this issue with HR rear hubs?
I've just decided to tap the hubs and use a different size (4mm) set screw...

After a quick stop at True Value problem solved. I couldn't wait for my lhs to open....

Last edited by 1555Racing; 06-27-2009 at 09:29 AM.
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #719
Tech Adept
 
tsais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1555Racing View Post
I'm on my second set of HR rear hubs! The set screw will not fit the pre-threaded hole. I know I using the right size screw. Anyone else experience this issue with HR rear hubs?


You will need a M3x5mm (pitch 0.5mm) setscrew for the rear hub, because the one you have is for plastic parts. I hope this helps.
tsais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #720
Tech Adept
 
1555Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena, CA.
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsais View Post

You will need a M3x5mm (pitch 0.5mm) setscrew for the rear hub, because the one you have is for plastic parts. I hope this helps.
It does help, thank you. That would have been the most cost effective fix, that's for sure. I did tap the hole and made them 4mm and bought tap screws that fit and blue loctited them, so I'm good....
1555Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya TRF415 JDM_DOHC_SiR Electric On-Road 21094 03-10-2016 12:02 PM
The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions) rccarracer15 Nitro Off-Road 103 06-10-2011 10:25 PM
Bodies for sale, new, used & painted coastaltony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 68 01-02-2007 04:45 PM
Belt Driven vs. Shaft Driven Allen Sondej Electric On-Road 69 11-05-2004 08:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0