R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #2986
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Exotek parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarerraRSeattle View Post
I was fortunate enough to pick up a new cup racer kit, Exotek CRX chassis kit with rear shock tower, and what must be the last HPI brake rotor kits at any hobby shop. I'm figuring out the assembly sequence for the HPI threaded aluminum shock bodies, with no instructions included. I was able to source one of the Porsche body sets and am in search of a second. I contacted Mike at Exotek regarding the metal drive cup that was discontinued to no avail. I did find a guy in the UK that will machine one for 36 or about $56 US. Perhaps if there were enough people interested here, we could have him produce a quantity that would save us money and make it worth his time. Send me a PM if you are in need of this part and we'll look into ordering some.
I've been looking for a drive cup for my second CR and a chassis for my drifter CR. If you get enough interest I'd go for the drive cup and if anyone knows where to get an Exotek chassis, upper and lower, I'd be interested also.
stu_bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #2987
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have found a guy in the UK that will machine this part for us if we can find more Cup Racer owners who are also looking for this long discontinued part from Exotek. Let me know so that I can add to the count. So far there are three of us as of 1/24. You will see on my post what he is charging for one, so for the more he makes the less he will charge.
CarerraRSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #2988
Tech Rookie

Default hpi cup racer replacement

Is there a new hpi cup racer replacement,as i was thinking of buying one.
80mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #2989
Tech Apprentice

For anyone looking for a Cup Racer there are a few kits and rollers currently on EBay which I have no affiliation.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #2990
Tech Apprentice

Default Cup Racer Replacement Stainless Steel Front Drive Cup

To all current, new, and perspective owners of the HPI Cup Racer:

I have sourced a guy in the UK that will produce this drive cup part that Exotek has discontinued as a replacement for the weak HPI plastic part. If I can find homes for 10 of them the price goes down to 20 British Pounds or around $31.50 US shipped. If there are more interested in this part, the price can even get lower as the quantity increases. Please PM me if you are interested in a group buy.

I would like to place the order by the third week of February if I get enough responses. I am not making any money on this but I will provide Paypal payment information directly to the guy in the UK.

Thank you.

HC
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Cup Racer 1M-exo1115.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #2991
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

As there is currently no interest in a mini class in my area, I've put my Datsun 510 Cup Racer up on the For Sale thread. I was really hoping these would take off, I'm a sucker for scale classes. Mine is built, never run.
Sorcerer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #2992
Tech Apprentice

I was hoping that there might be a bit more remaining interest in these great "Scale" cars. I too am drawn to the "Scale" realism especially the BMW2002 and Porsche bodies.

I've noticed that some of the parts have been inching up in price on the EBay site where there are consistently 5-6 pages of Cup Racer items for sale and if you don't mind shopping the world market there are up to 20+ pages of Cup Racer items.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #2993
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Scale rules!

I agree, I like the scale realism of the cup racer and would like to buy as many as I can. I just ordered some Alloy suspension hop ups and intend to make my 510 a nice example of this very cool rc car. I really enjoy the hobby and it is frustrating that the prices and availability are becoming an issue. I just keep looking around for deals to come up and try not to spend all my money at my lhs.

Keep the thread going gents!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #2994
Tech Apprentice

Default HPI Threaded Shock Bodies

I've purchased four of the threaded shock bodies and the threaded adjustment nuts. I've seen in other shock builds that the fine O-rings are inserted into the threaded section where there is a groove in the adjustment nut. The threaded bodies do not come with instructions on what stock parts are used and in what order. Could someone provide some information on this? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #2995
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarerraRSeattle View Post
I've purchased four of the threaded shock bodies and the threaded adjustment nuts. I've seen in other shock builds that the fine O-rings are inserted into the threaded section where there is a groove in the adjustment nut. The threaded bodies do not come with instructions on what stock parts are used and in what order. Could someone provide some information on this? Thanks in advance.
There is an o'ring/plastic ring that fits in the bottom of the shock body. I asked a while ago on this forum and one of the guys helped with the info. It's held in by one of the VERY small 'c' clips. I don't remember the exact info but ill look and get back to you.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #2996
Tech Rookie

Here is that info I couldn't remember!!

Quote:

You need:
2 sets #87070 Al shock bodies
1 set #87071 adjuster nuts
Transfer everything else from stock plastic shocks except body and bottom plastic snap cap. If o-rings are old I'd just get a new pack #87069

Important: You need part #13, plastic washer (4 of them) from both parts trees 85282 (there are 2 on each tree). These hold the clear o-ring in place before you clip in the C clip supplied with the new shock bodies.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #2997
Tech Apprentice

Excellent!! Thank you Stu!! I will post some gratuitous photographs of the build. I just filed, sealed and buffed the edges of all of the CF parts from Exotek and HPI steering arms. I used Loctite instead of CA as recommended by Exotek.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #2998
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm looking for an aluminum front diff input cup to replace the plastic one on parts tree 85281. I guess Exotek doesn't make them anymore. Are there any others out there?

Thanks
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #2999
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

**double post**

Last edited by DarthRacer; 02-03-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: double post
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #3000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_bry View Post
Here is that info I couldn't remember!!

Quote:

You need:
2 sets #87070 Al shock bodies
1 set #87071 adjuster nuts
Transfer everything else from stock plastic shocks except body and bottom plastic snap cap. If o-rings are old I'd just get a new pack #87069

Important: You need part #13, plastic washer (4 of them) from both parts trees 85282 (there are 2 on each tree). These hold the clear o-ring in place before you clip in the C clip supplied with the new shock bodies.

You could have just linked my post Stu. Ha.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote