Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mitchrc
When you say "Foams" do you mean regular 1/10 foams used by Nitro cars or other foams?

thanks
The foams are 1/10 electric cut to 58mm (plaid, 55/40 shore and purple, 40 shore). I suppose you can try nitro foams with about the same hardness. I have also seen mini (Tamiya mini) size one online but softer.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheers mate
Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Does anyone know if i need something special to fit the sweep spoke wheels to fit on? or can it only run the hpi wheels?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila
Does anyone know if i need something special to fit the sweep spoke wheels to fit on? or can it only run the hpi wheels?
You don't need anything special to put on the Sweeps wheels. The hex drive on the car is standard. If you are using smaller diameter tires/wheels (Tamiya mini ~54mm) then you'll want to remove the spacers under the diff cases to raise the chassis plate.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Other mini rims rub the "optional" disk brake callipers if you do not run an offset.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

^ Nice ride fritzzz

Do these "Lowering Plates" do anything else than just "lower" ?? I understand that they are used to "lower" the under carriage when using bigger wheel/tire combinations but are they really needed even if you do use bigger wheels/tires?

I am asking this because some some people will most definitely be running their C Racers on tarmac and parking lots where their will definitely be bumps and stones around and some clearance will be needed for both actual clearance and travel.
They only help if you are using oversized wheels. Normal mini wheels won't need the lowering plates. You want at least 5mm ride height on asphalt tracks.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

So basically use the Lowering Plates if you use the wheels/tires that come with the kit or anything bigger. Other than that you can run the kit with out the plates.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

So basically use the Lowering Plates if you use the wheels/tires that come with the kit or anything bigger. Other than that you can run the kit with out the plates.

Thanks
Yep.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys. Im looking for a good used HPI Cup racer. I would prefer it to be a roller but i would be interested in either. PM please

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aSab
Uhm...if you ever tried to take a good photo of a lamp/lightbulb/flame, expecting a result on the pic the way our eyes see it, you'll know it's kinda hard to do:/

Anyway, my headlamps look something like this. One is a combined HDR image, the other is a simple macro shot.

What you need to do is use exposure compensation and fill flash to overcome the auto exposure of the camera which will determine the correct exposure based on the brightest object in the field of view.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi again guys

Question: How stiff/loose is the drive-train supposed to be?

I have noticed that it's not rolling as freely as I would imagine.
Will it loosen up a bit after a little use?

Cheers
Old 09-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I wanted to see if anyone has put the hpi firbolt 15turn motor in a cupracer any idea of what pinion size to run. I tried the 30 tooth and it is wayyyy too fast. I was thinking like a 20 tooth.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hi again guys

Question: How stiff/loose is the drive-train supposed to be?

I have noticed that it's not rolling as freely as I would imagine.
Will it loosen up a bit after a little use?

Cheers
My drive train is fairly free. Being shaft driven it should be. You should check:

• Seized bearings
  • Properly shimmed ring and pinion gears in the gearboxes
  • Rubbing between the rear center drive cup/spur against the plastic dust cover and its 3 screws. (sometimes these screws back out and rub on the spur pieces)
Note if your bearings are new and filled with grease the car won't roll as free even though there's nothing wrong.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila
I wanted to see if anyone has put the hpi firbolt 15turn motor in a cupracer any idea of what pinion size to run. I tried the 30 tooth and it is wayyyy too fast. I was thinking like a 20 tooth.
Sorry I don't run a 15 turn brushed motor so I can't recommend a pinion.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
My drive train is fairly free. Being shaft driven it should be. You should check:

• Seized bearings
  • Properly shimmed ring and pinion gears in the gearboxes
  • Rubbing between the rear center drive cup/spur against the plastic dust cover and its 3 screws. (sometimes these screws back out and rub on the spur pieces)
Note if your bearings are new and filled with grease the car won't roll as free even though there's nothing wrong.
Thanks loads Sydewynder... will look into these again even though I pulled the car apart and rebuilt it to no apparent fault.
My guess is a little bit of all the above except for the shims since they seem to be installed correctly.
Another thing may be the actual Diff. Gears. I think that they may needs some work to settle in their groove no pun intended

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.