HPI Cup Racer 1M >

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Old 07-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which rounded LiPo packs fit?

Hi,
Just about completed my build and I've gone to put my SuSuMu LiPo pack in there and with the lead configuration on there it doesn't fit.

The LiPo is curved and is shaped like a NiMH stick pack.

The power and balance leads both come out of the end of the pack and there is not enough room in the part at the rear of the car for both leads to fit and then head upwards, plus the balance lead on the pack is only about 1" long so it's stuck down near the drive shaft.

I'd like to stick with the curved pack style but would prefer one where the leads come out of the top of the pack on the corners.

Can anyone tell me what LiPo packs they have in their cars now that fit?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fritzzz
Hi,
Just about completed my build and I've gone to put my SuSuMu LiPo pack in there and with the lead configuration on there it doesn't fit.

The power and balance leads both come out of the end of the pack and there is not enough room in the part at the rear of the car for both leads to fit and then head upwards, plus the balance lead on the pack is only about 1" long so it's stuck down near the drive shaft.

I'd like to stick with the curved pack style but would prefer one where the leads come out of the top of the pack on the corners.

Thanks
Do the leads come out the centre or side of the pack? The correct ones for this car come out the side. You can probably still use them, just use battery straps instead of the door or tray.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is the battery that I have.

Both sets of leads come out of the centre at the end which is the problem.

I did look at the strap / tray arrangment and thought I could zip tie them in that way but the short balance plug lead is a bit of an issue.

Can you post a link to a battery with the ones out the side?
Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

I have these installed right now with the red lead going through the round 6 mm hole in the top deck. With this set up, I'm not able to swap batteries between heats. Instead I just recharge the pack between heats.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14988

I recently picked these up, They should work.. although I have not tried them our of laziness and lack of need..

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4000...-hardcase.html
Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the links.

As both are square packs, have you got the curved battery mounting arrangement or the one that is geared up for the open cell style with taping?

Any chance of a photo?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

just got a new nickel metal battery pack hoping this thing will be faster and last alot longer as soon as i figure out the best way to care for the battery
Old 07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the links.

As both are square packs, have you got the curved battery mounting arrangement or the one that is geared up for the open cell style with taping?

Any chance of a photo?
I'll try to get you some Picts tonight. I'm not using any of the trays, just using the straps.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

Thanks
I have a Gens Ace 5000mAh 40C (http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html)

Fits great. I am using velcro straps to secure it. It works great. I can probably use a battery with less capacity. So far, with that pack, I have run it almost 2 hours and I still didnt hit the lipo cutoff.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Sold my CupRacer-CRX and this is the new owners first new body for it!
Absolutly love it one of the best 510 i have seen!

And i love that he still rides with my old famous "Callahan camber" setup!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQy0K9d6dIs
Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

ive just bought a second had cup racer in very good condtion, my first question... i have a hpi plazma stick lipo but the wires seem to get in the way when fitting? am i missing a trick or have i got the wrong type of battery? cheers guys...
Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

also whats the best way to fix the rx and esc to the chassie, never run run on raod b4...
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by postie90
ive just bought a second had cup racer in very good condtion, my first question... i have a hpi plazma stick lipo but the wires seem to get in the way when fitting? am i missing a trick or have i got the wrong type of battery? cheers guys...
I have the same problem, if your leads come out the end then they seem to get in the way. I think we need a pack with the leads coming out the top in the corners.

Hopefully a few people can post pictures of their set-up.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by postie90
also whats the best way to fix the rx and esc to the chassie, never run run on raod b4...
Double sided tape otherwise known as servo tape, usually a millimetre or two thick and black, gives some isolation from vibration. You can double it up for more isolation.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

any pictures of the chassie with everything fitted anywhere..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.