Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #2446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

^^^^^ Thanx Rob>>>>>!
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #2447
Tech Apprentice

repainted the 510 body man getting every last little bit of the old stuff off suuuuuuucked here is a before p/o painted it with model paint so it was flaking off left and right

here it is after and i used the correct paint so it should stick this time

working on my 240z body i let my girlfriend design the paint scheme it doesnt look to bad so far not what i would have chosen for colors but no biggy should have pics of that tomorrow

also picked up everything that goes with it including paper work on the esc and the motor and it does have the lipo cut off things will be nice once i have the cash to convert im looking at this pack just need to find a charger i like and the cash what do you guys think of this pack?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-4000ma...4-30c-car.html
traxxas jato
hpi cup racer 13.5 turn brushless

Last edited by bonvo; 06-06-2011 at 01:23 AM.
bonvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:11 AM   #2448
Tech Master

The front drive cup that fails,is it the same as the rear ? Or do I have to use the Exotek? Thought I saw that the rear would work, Thanx
Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #2449
Tech Apprentice

ok got a question do better batteries make any difference in speed? i know they make a difference in run time but im seeing videos of the cup racers going alot faster the mine and im wondering if its the batteries or the motor/ esc combo i was told at the lhs that the 13.5 turn novak setup i have should be rather fast but it just doesnt seem like its fast
traxxas jato
Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #2450
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonvo View Post
repainted the 510 body man getting every last little bit of the old stuff off suuuuuuucked here is a before p/o painted it with model paint so it was flaking off left and right

here it is after and i used the correct paint so it should stick this time

working on my 240z body i let my girlfriend design the paint scheme it doesnt look to bad so far not what i would have chosen for colors but no biggy should have pics of that tomorrow

also picked up everything that goes with it including paper work on the esc
and the motor and it does have the lipo cut off things will be nice once i have the cash to convert im looking at this pack just need to find a charger i like and the cash what do you guys think of this pack?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-4000ma...4-30c-car.html
Never used this pack so I can't comment but others have said the GenAce packs on the site are good.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #2451
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
The front drive cup that fails,is it the same as the rear ? Or do I have to use the Exotek? Thought I saw that the rear would work, Thanx
The front drive cup is not the same as the rear. The Exotek is a direct and easy replacement for the plastic one.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2452
Tech Elite

Quote:
ok got a question do better batteries make any difference in speed? i know they make a difference in run time but im seeing videos of the cup racers going alot faster the mine and im wondering if its the batteries or the motor/ esc combo i was told at the lhs that the 13.5 turn novak setup i have should be rather fast but it just doesnt seem like its fast
The esc/motor makes a bigger impact. In the videos do they say what they are using? Are the ESCs ramping ESCs? This alone makes a big difference on how fast the car can go. A 17.5t with a ramping (adjustable timing) ESC can be faster than a fixed timed 13.5t.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #2453
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
The esc/motor makes a bigger impact. In the videos do they say what they are using? Are the ESCs ramping ESCs? This alone makes a big difference on how fast the car can go. A 17.5t with a ramping (adjustable timing) ESC can be faster than a fixed timed 13.5t.
my set up is a novak sensored 13.5 turn with with a novak gtb esc im gonna play with the settings i can adjust a few things on it but im not sure what it would do though i have noticed a difference in performance just between my 2 nicad packs i think i need to at least get a good battery pack on it for a base line
traxxas jato

Last edited by bonvo; 06-06-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #2454
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
The front drive cup is not the same as the rear. The Exotek is a direct and easy replacement for the plastic one.
Thank you Sir.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #2455
Tech Apprentice

heres a teaser of the z car body
traxxas jato
Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #2456
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
YES, the more juice you can deliver to the motor the faster it will go, a 20C lipo or NMHI batery will be 2 or 3 seconds a lap slower than a 50C lipo. The thing that will make the most different tho, is pinion/spur combination. If you want speed at a very cheep price add a bigger pinion, go up in 2 or 3t increments and keep an eye on the engine temp. My tool kit has a wide selection of pionion, from 19T upto 32T and at 5-10 bucks a piece, you will be amazed at how much speed you will gain.

But be warned, bigger pinion will mean more engine heat, so have a temp gun handy and do not go so big on the pinion as to over heat the motor and esc.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #2457
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
YES, the more juice you can deliver to the motor the faster it will go, a 20C lipo or NMHI batery will be 2 or 3 seconds a lap slower than a 50C lipo. The thing that will make the most different tho, is pinion/spur combination. If you want speed at a very cheep price add a bigger pinion, go up in 2 or 3t increments and keep an eye on the engine temp. My tool kit has a wide selection of pionion, from 19T upto 32T and at 5-10 bucks a piece, you will be amazed at how much speed you will gain.

But be warned, bigger pinion will mean more engine heat, so have a temp gun handy and do not go so big on the pinion as to over heat the motor and esc.
cool i want to get a better battery before i go messing with gears but considering with the better of my 2 packs it spins all 4 tires on dry pavement from a stand still i think its safe to say i need to change the pinion that and my motor never gets hot i dont think it has ever gone over 90 degrees its always just a little warmer then the air outside the esc always seems colder then the air around it due to the fan it has

anyone know how i would get a body request to hpi? i would offer up my first born for a datsun 610 body

traxxas jato

Last edited by bonvo; 06-06-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #2458
Tech Rookie

Bonvo, which color did you use on the second Datsun 510? I love it and I want it for a HPI Mustang bodyshell that I've got.
cybergiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #2459
Tech Apprentice

you mean the teal? that is actually the same body as the first one i picked all the old paint off with a flat head screwdriver and resprayed the color is pactra racing finish rc291 chezoom teal after painting it it reminds me of this car
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0312_large.jpg
its a little darker then this and metallic

now another question (i know im full of them) ive noticed my cup racer likes to loose its gear mesh it was nice and quite now i cant seem to get it right ive done the paper trick but it sounds really loud and im afraid its ruining my gears they look ok but i cant get it back to where it was am i missing something? is the paper supposed to look a specific way?
traxxas jato
Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #2460
Tech Master

Quote:
anyone know how i would get a body request to hpi? i would offer up my first born for a datsun 610 body
I don't believe they have the 610 body, but have you checked out this site, they have lot's of cool bodies, ...and i believe they all will fit our CR's. -i think somewhere back in this thread someone bought one of the Toyota bodies and put on their CR'r.

http://www.abchobbyusa.com/110miniscalebodyshells.aspx
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote